Opinion Will We Play Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

The pizza shop drunk driver Jonny Anderson from the Hun begs to differ.

'There will be no September miracles this year', he loudly proclaimed in the paper.

This was just after he cleaned up the mess all over his keyboard when he got a little overexcited at seeing what he thought was his lovechild, God himself, (otherwise known as Dangerfield) walk on water.

Sydney vs Saint Kilda- result irrelevant
Fremantle vs Hawthorn- Hawthorn win (likely)

Wrong way around, Freo Hawks means nothing as Freo are effectively 2 games down, they are out, we want Sydney to win as Saints spot is vulnerable one

It's simple math. 12 wins and a good % gets you in. Discounts us ( short of us towelling up a couple of lesser lights which has never been our forte). 13 wins will get you in. So 5/6 needed. Doable if we fire. Draw also handy without being great.

It's simple math. 12 wins and a good % gets you in. Discounts us ( short of us towelling up a couple of lesser lights which has never been our forte). 13 wins will get you in. So 5/6 needed. Doable if we fire. Draw also handy without being great.

The problem is that sydney will probably make it, essendope has an easy draw, saints may falter but they're outside the 8 now anyway.

We probably need a few of essendope, saints, sydney, wet toast and melbourne to screw up.

Wet toast have a dream draw.. Except maybe adelaide in perth, pies at etihad this week and gws in sydney

The problem is that sydney will probably make it, essendope has an easy draw, saints may falter but they're outside the 8 now anyway.

We probably need a few of essendope, saints, sydney, wet toast and melbourne to screw up.

Wet toast have a dream draw.. Except maybe adelaide in perth, pies at etihad this week and gws in sydney

If we win 5/6 we play. Other results irrelevant. It's simple really.

We blew it by losing to west coast.

Even 5 wins may not get us there because of our poor %. Did a ladder predictor with us winning 5/6 and we finished 9th on percentage to....west coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do so many people think 5/6 gets us in automatically? This isn't a normal year. Just like last year blew the conventional "12 wins gets you in" out of the water, this year is so even 13 is no guarantee. The only way to guarantee finals is to win every game. Losing 1 and we still need results to fall our way. Losing more than 1 and it's all over.

West Coast could well lose 2 or 3 of their remaining games. Their win against Freo was not exactly convincing. I see Coll, GWS, STK as not certain. The Saints are all over the shop, as are Melbourne.

Essendon is the one to watch out for, they only have the crows game as a loss, have nothing to fear from us, nor Nrth - Carlton or the suns. and their % is far better then ours.

We have won 4 of the last 11

To think we will now win 5 of 6 is laughable we are playing like s**t

Come on guys it's great to be positive but we are cooked, played the kids and say our goodbyes to the veterans that are retiring

Poor percentage still probably rules us out. It's win all or bust.

If they somehow won them all a flag is a possibility with that form.. but all pretty unlikely

Ok. I'll take your word for it.

But with the roller coaster season most teams are having, ladder predictors aren't worth a penny. I've even heard some "pundits" suggest 11 wins could mathematically get in. 13 could get 5th and a home final. Who really knows ?

What I do know, is whilst our destiny is in our own hands, worrying about other teams W/L ratio is secondary. Obviously our next loss ( whether it be R19 or 23) changes the landscape. Any loss obviously diminishes our chances, THEN we become reliant on other results. Until then, we just need to win

There were glimpses on sunday

There were...but that was maybe 1 or 2 quarters against a team that plays like it doesn't want to score.

Carlton move the ball so slowly that it gave us time to move back and set up.

I'm not expecting those sorts of favors again. Especially not from GWS or port.

There were...but that was maybe 1 or 2 quarters against a team that plays like it doesn't want to score.

Teams with fast ball movement have given us problems all year :(

That team beat the plastics, easendope, shìtney and nearly Adelaide

Teams can only move the ball as fast as we let them.
Our defensive zone against Carlton was the best it was all year and our intensity was consistent throughout the day. We all know Kicking inside 50 needs sharp improvement.
When we get this right we are are hard to beat the questions remain can we keep it up and have we turned the corner??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back