Strategy Will we tag Duckwood?

Will we tag Duckwood?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's all well and good to say tag Selwood, but we dont have ANY shut down players in the squad.

We don't know that, we haven't TRIED anyone as a shut down player. I think we've got a few that have the potential to do it.

Mm I speak to plenty of cars supporters and I know who they rate as their best intact there's a lot on the main board on the top 3 most influential players in the league

Who do you reckon most would say

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big fan of The Cars, also. Beyond that the remainder of your post was complete and utter gibberish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have danger gets 30 plus and we lose if Selwood gets 30 plus not the same influence

It's the other way. Selwood gets 30 and we'll be looking down the barrel of a belting.

Danger getting 30 isn't necessarily a bad thing as we have the ability to dictate where he gets that thirty. It's not likely we'll limit his disposal count either so there is more worth limiting the damage of his thirty.

Selwood is one of those players who whilst is a star, also has the innate ability to bring others into the game and make them better players. His work at the coal face frees Danger up and allows him to be the devastating player he is at Geelong. What we want to do is force Danger to the coal face, where we can put more pressure on his weakest part of his game, his disposal. To do that, you need to win clearances, which is done by shutting down Selwood.

I have danger gets 30 plus and we lose if Selwood gets 30 plus not the same influence

Tagging Danger is like putting a leash on a bull: All you do is end up having a player dragged around in his wake.

Selwood CAN be tagged out of games though.

If you want to stop Danger directly you don't tag him, you rough him up off the ball Bernie Vince style.. but we aren't likely to do that.

It's the other way. Selwood gets 30 and we'll be looking down the barrel of a belting.

Danger getting 30 isn't necessarily a bad thing as we have the ability to dictate where he gets that thirty. It's not likely we'll limit his disposal count either so there is more worth limiting the damage of his thirty.

Selwood is one of those players who whilst is a star, also has the innate ability to bring others into the game and make them better players. His work at the coal face frees Danger up and allows him to be the devastating player he is at Geelong. What we want to do is force Danger to the coal face, where we can put more pressure on his weakest part of his game, his disposal. To do that, you need to win clearances, which is done by shutting down Selwood.

Fair enough I just can see danger destroying us this week and we walk away with our tail between our legs I suppose it's no diffferent to stopping the ball getting to buddy but easier said than done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the teams that lost to Geelong which there are more off have been destroyed by Danger

Whilst tagging Selwood?

Like I said earlier. Selwood starts sooking it up and whinging to the frumpires when he cops a hard tag and his whole team lose focus and go to crap.

Danger doesnt have the same effect on the team.As brilliant as he is, there is no Danger in Team.

I Dont think there is any other team as reliant on their captain than the Cats this year.

I think the other issue is our forwards need to hold back and not push up the ground too much otherwise like every time we play the cats their half back line will have a field day. Henderson and mackie wont follow our forwards up the ground, they will build a wall across half back.

I think the other issue is our forwards need to hold back and not push up the ground too much otherwise like every time we play the cats their half back line will have a field day. Henderson and mackie wont follow our forwards up the ground, they will build a wall across half back.

I think Ottens ability to take a contested mark will prove very valuable in this situation.
Would still like us to drop a tall forward for a small (whoever that may be)?

Send Dougy to him with the instruction that he gets no easy ball. Sacrifice his game for the greater good and play an absolute hard tag

It's not like he's been decent of late anyway....But when was the last time we did a hard tag? Shirley days?

If we don't go the above route, do what we did with Sloane and the tagger last night where he dragged him to Fyfe.

Send Dougy to him with the instruction that he gets no easy ball. Sacrifice his game for the greater good and play an absolute hard tag

It's not like he's been decent of late anyway....But when was the last time we did a hard tag? Shirley days?

If we don't go the above route, do what we did with Sloane and the tagger last night where he dragged him to Fyfe.

Sando used Kerridge as a hard tagger

Selwood provides clean ball to Danger which makes Danger Dangerous, if you curb Selwood's influence you curb Danger's because he has to do it all himself and that's when his disposal efficiency drops dramatically.
Selwood is the leader he tells everybody what to do where to be, Danger is selfish he only cares about his game he can't lead the way Selwood's does.

I am not sure about a traditional tagging role. But can see Greenwood playing a similar role to the one on Saturday night in that he harassed the opposition physically at every stoppage he was at.

He did not seem to be set on one opponent but went directly to the guy the Freo players were trying to get the clearance through.

I think at most stoppages he will set up between Selwood and Danger. Try and get I their way and stop any clean ball movement between the two.

We also need to be mindful if Guthrie. He played well both games against us last year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How about Riley Knight? Reckon he enjoys a bit of niggle and runs all day

Back