Strategy Will we tag Duckwood?

Will we tag Duckwood?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There is 1 "cat" that might just relish the role.
Lever!
He'd love the chance I reckon. He may not be able to go with him for that long but he would take the sting out of Selwood for someone else to take over.

marty36 I see you went and asked on the cats' board and they said exactly what we've been saying i.e. they would prefer we tag danger instead of Selwood because Selwood is the heat and soul of that team :p

It may not need us to tag either, but how are you going to feel if Danger pulls out one of his special games against us and he has clearly had 5 or 6 tihis year where he was that dominant his team won because of it, which is the reason him and Dusty are being compared as both of those players win games for their team, I dont see Selwood being compared to Dusty. Pretty sure Selwood hasnt acheived anything like that.

But time will tell if Danger does what we all know he is capable of

He was very good on the weekend.
I heard. Whilst it was tongue in cheek, if we were intending on tagging Selwood he wouldn't be a bad option. Same body size as Selwood, similar pace etc. Knows the ground and conditions well.

He's just come off a good game so confidence would be up. I would send him in with one message, do not let Selwood get a kick and don't worry about your own game.

As much as people say stop sloane you stop adelaide i think the same applies to geelong with selwood. Collingwood tagged him and easily beat the cats. danger will get possessions anyway but selwood possessions generally hurt more. Cant wait to see how many frees selwood gets this week, thinking about 4-5.
Normally I'd say 8 but thommo's not playing any more so 4-5 seems more likely
And we won't tag unless Sloane is tagged first, then we'll probably do what we did with Fyfe, seemed to work

2 things to beat Geelong. Manic tackling and stopping Selwood.

I am old school so a stopper/cooler/tagger is part of my thinking. But that's in the old days when zones were outside schools and man on man wasn't a Mens Club. If it can be done without breaking the web/claw then do it.

I wonder if DP will do the 1-2. Back in the game plan for the 1st quarter then adjust?

I heard. Whilst it was tongue in cheek, if we were intending on tagging Selwood he wouldn't be a bad option. Same body size as Selwood, similar pace etc. Knows the ground and conditions well.

He's just come off a good game so confidence would be up. I would send him in with one message, do not let Selwood get a kick and don't worry about your own game.

Will we win if Danger pulls out one of his special games????

Friday's game against Geelong in Outer Mongolia will be our biggest game of the season. The ultimate sign post game. An 8 point game between 1st and 2nd (assuming west coast hold their current lead).

This game will put us back to being a game clear of the pack or we will have to share top spot with Geelong and GWS, relying on percentage. It could be the difference between home finals and a soft run into the GF or a dreaded semi-final away. Win and we make a huge statement, beating a top club away from home. Lose and we will be labeled pretenders.

Unfortunately much is stacked against us. We haven't won in Outer Mongolia for 62,000 years. Geelong also have the wood on us, beating us twice last year after Chris Scott devised the template to defeat us that has been applied twice this year already, by his brother at North then by an annoyingly plucky Melbourne who instantly reverted to being s**t after embarrassing us.

We also come off 2 days less break than Geelong after a heavy slog in the rain.

It doesn't get harder than this. So, surely you would think we will do everything in our power to give ourselves the best fighting chance possible.

The question is then: will we tag Joel Duckwood?

It has been shown time and again that tagging the ducker is the first step to defeating Geelong. Untalented sides regularly defeat Geelong by employing this tactic. However, mystifyingly, some better teams refuse to take this obvious step and usually lose for their pride/folly/arrogance.

Geelong will certainly not be proud/foolish/arrogant enough to not tag Sloane.

Will we return the favour and take the first step to beating these campaigners? And if so, who gets the job?

Or will we find some reason not to give ourselves the best possible chance at victory and going clear on top of the table into the bye?

Sloane got tagged a few weeks ago against North, which completely shutdown Adelaide.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Selwood 2017 highlights

dot.gif
Ranked 10th in Total Inside 50s Ranked 3rd in Total Goal Assists
dot.gif
Ranked 11th in Total Handballs Ranked 15th in Total Disposals
dot.gif
Ranked 16th in Total Tackles Ranked 10th in Total Supercoach Score
dot.gif
Ranked 15th in Total AFL Fantasy Score Ranked 4th in Total Contested Possessions
dot.gif
Ranked 9th in Total Effective Disposals Ranked 15th in Total Clangers
dot.gif
Ranked 6th in Total Clearances Ranked 13th in Inside 50s Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 9th in Goal Assists Per Game Ranked 18th in Handballs Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 20th in Disposals Per Game Ranked 11th in Supercoach Score Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 20th in AFL Fantasy Score Per Game Ranked 5th in Contested Possessions Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 11th in Effective Disposals Per Game Ranked 7th in Clearances Per Game

Patrick Dangerfield 2017 highlights

dot.gif
Ranked 6th in Total Inside 50s Ranked 14th in Total Goal Assists
dot.gif
Ranked 8th in Total Handballs Ranked 10th in Total Disposals
dot.gif
Ranked 17th in Total Goals Ranked 2nd in Total Supercoach Score
dot.gif
Ranked 9th in Total AFL Fantasy Score Ranked 1st in Total Contested Possessions
dot.gif
Ranked 3rd in Total Clangers Ranked 3rd in Total Clearances
dot.gif
Ranked 7th in Inside 50s Per Game Ranked 8th in Handballs Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 14th in Disposals Per Game Ranked 3rd in Supercoach Score Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 11th in AFL Fantasy Score Per Game Ranked 1st in Contested Possessions Per Game
dot.gif
Ranked 4th in Clangers Per Game Ranked 4th in Clearances Per Game

Yet Selwood is the driver? Or are these stats ,lies and statistics?

dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
Ranked 15th in Total AFL Fantasy Score Ranked 4th in Total Contested Possessions
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
Ranked 20th in AFL Fantasy Score Per Game Ranked 5th in Contested Possessions Per Game
dot.gif

dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
Ranked 11th in AFL Fantasy Score Per Game Ranked 1st in Contested Possessions Per Game
dot.gif

Where is the stat for leadership?

Danger played plenty of special games for us and we still lost, he won't be the only deciding factor, especially if Selwood has one of his special games.

Correct it will be a combination but there have been a number of games this year where Geelong had no chance and Danger pulls it out of his arse. Unfortuantly for us he is going to try that little bit extra when playing us and can see an absolute ball tearer of a a match coming forhim, if thsi is the case I can see us going down. Every team has solid players like selwood like, Kennedy, Priidis, Pendelbury, Rockliff

But what teams have players like Danger, Fyfe and Martin that when they get on a roll they destroy you. Fyfe hasnt recaptured his pre injury form but he was unstoppable when fit

Now you're talking haha.

But yeah, the reason teams tag Selwood is the same reason they tag Sloane. Its not just his individual output. His leadership is a force multiplier. Brings others into the game and gets the whole team up and rolling. Danger just doesn't have that.

dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif

dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif

Then I guess Danger shouldnt concern us or any other team in the league, those threads that talk of Dusty V Danger are just a smoke screen for Selwood or media talk

This week will be interesting, I mention playing lever on Danger but some think Kelly can do it, probably because they dont believe Danger is that good, I just want our best back on Danger when hes resting forward

Lets be honest, Danger is the best player in the AFL ATM, maybe Dusty is challenging him to that, Selwood is good just not that good

Now you're talking haha.

But yeah, the reason teams tag Selwood is the same reason they tag Sloane. Its not just his individual output. His leadership is a force multiplier. Brings others into the game and gets the whole team up and rolling. Danger just doesn't have that.

The reason teams tag sloane is purely on his output WTF as they used to tag Judd or GAJ what are you on

When you have huge output in the Mid of course it brings others into the game, get ball deliver ball, if your good enough to break lines , as danger does even better

Lever is the floater, like Rance is. He might pick him up at the bounce and may leave him when he backs himself, but as a shutdown when PD is resting then Brown or Kelly will do. Frees Lever up to play with a clear mind

Brown and Kelly simply arent good enough to stand a champion like Danger after all they arent the highest paid players in the team, those with the big pay packets need to take responsbility

Back