Will we win a flag in the next 3 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing finals (last season) makes things so much different potentially this year when we seal a finals spot with a couple games remaining.

Getting the drought out of the way and a finals game for the team would have been huge. Going into a game against Sydney as underdogs there would have been little pressure to win. This season we may see us straight up at the G in a must win game, I don't trust us to fire in that.

2017 is done. But missing finals could cost us when it gets to that time this season.

Missing finals (last season) makes things so much different potentially this year when we seal a finals spot with a couple games remaining.

Getting the drought out of the way and a finals game for the team would have been huge. Going into a game against Sydney as underdogs there would have been little pressure to win. This season we may see us straight up at the G in a must win game, I don't trust us to fire in that.

2017 is done. But missing finals could cost us when it gets to that time this season.
I don’t necessarily buy it, I mean sure, it would’ve been good, but it’s certainly not the be all and end all. We can still win at the G in a first up knockout final.

Making finals is good, it shows that your club is in the better bracket of teams in the competition, but losing finals ******* sucks. It effectively means you play a few more games at the end of the season and have nothing to show for it. Except for “finals experience”. Melbourne got a lot of this experience between ‘98 and ‘06 and it didn’t stop us becoming the worst team ever for the following decade. So I reckon finals experience is over rated. As I wise man once said, “If you ain’t first, you’re last!”

Making finals is good, it shows that your club is in the better bracket of teams in the competition, but losing finals ******* sucks. It effectively means you play a few more games at the end of the season and have nothing to show for it. Except for “finals experience”. Melbourne got a lot of this experience between ‘98 and ‘06 and it didn’t stop us becoming the worst team ever for the following decade. So I reckon finals experience is over rated. As I wise man once said, “If you ain’t first, you’re last!”
Part of the reason is that all those players got old, and we kicked them all out at the same time anyway.

What I would give to lose a final

Part of the reason is that all those players got old, and we kicked them all out at the same time anyway.
Yep indeed. I just meant to show that finals experience doesn’t necessarily amount to much, as in the MFC’s case it didn’t net us a flag, and it certainly isn’t enough to hang your hat on when the inevitable bottom out occurs, as it did for us which was an unmitigated disaster. For me, looking back on finals campaigns from that era isn’t comforting at all. In the end, it’s only premierships that matter. Look at Richmond. They have been even worse than us over the last 30 years but now they have won a premiership and no one can say s**t to them. That’s just how it is

We should be in the flag window within the next 3 years, so I think the opportunity will be there. Should be going deep into finals and contending for the flag.
Did a bit of tarot on the dees and spotted three premierships on the horizon. Cards read that this is a finals year for us without the chocolates. We may win the win lose count for the year over other teams but still fail. 2019 and 20 are our years with 2023 also providing us with a premiership. Kings dictate premierships and it is every house except hearts which eludes us as it is Daimonds 19, Spades 20 and Clubs in 23 indicating how this works out. Go Dees!

Did a bit of tarot on the dees and spotted three premierships on the horizon. Cards read that this is a finals year for us without the chocolates. We may win the win lose count for the year over other teams but still fail. 2019 and 20 are our years with 2023 also providing us with a premiership. Kings dictate premierships and it is every house except hearts which eludes us as it is Daimonds 19, Spades 20 and Clubs in 23 indicating how this works out. Go Dees!

Yes, my Ouija board gave me the same result.

Seriously this board has a bit of dust in it. Time to air out the premiership cabinet and put the speculation about premierships to bed. Until we actually win one we need to start putting out these premature speculations.

Yes, my Ouija board gave me the same result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously this board has a bit of dust in it. Time to air out the premiership cabinet and put the speculation about premierships to bed. Until we actually win one we need to start putting out these premature speculations.

Fair point. Has anyone made a pot of tea recently? It'd be good to get a third opinion.

The 2 areas we need to deal with first is the expectation of winning games we should , and really smashing a team when we are on song . We have not been good at either yet .

The 2 areas we need to deal with first is the expectation of winning games we should , and really smashing a team when we are on song . We have not been good at either yet .
Ironically our two biggest wins last year were v the reigning premiers and the eventual minor premiers, both at their home grounds

Have we done anything at all in the last 10 years to suggest that we are capable of even making a grand final?

True! I for one have given up after reading this post

meh, i've accepted long ago that Melbourne will never win a premiership, so now i have no expectations with the club at all. No more disappointments, so more feeling frustrated when the club does yet another dumb thing (like the camp and Viney). It's actually a great place to be in because every win is an unexpected bonus. You should try it

meh, i've accepted long ago that Melbourne will never win a premiership, so now i have no expectations with the club at all. No more disappointments, so more feeling frustrated when the club does yet another dumb thing (like the camp and Viney). It's actually a great place to be in because every win is an unexpected bonus. You should try it
What are your thoughts on nihilism?

Fair point. Has anyone made a pot of tea recently? It'd be good to get a third opinion.
Just done it. Premierships in those years! AFLX Premierships!!! They're just as good right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back