Rumour Will Wells come to Collingwood now that he's leaving North? YES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also played 19 games this year and came top 5 in Norths B&F and tore us a new one when we played them. Just saying he's missed a large chunk of footy without taking in to consideration the type of injuries he had is way too simple. If he'd had a bunch of soft tissue injuries in that time then alarm bells would be ringing. I'm still skeptical that we'd offer him 3 years without the 3rd being conditional anyway, so I see no reason to get upset.
Didn't Greenwood come 4th a few years back? They might have been a better team then.

Good luck to the pies on getting Wells. As Bevo stated after the Grand Final "We changed the game boys. " That's what is about today. Changing the game. Dogs have about 3 players in their VFL premiership that play exactly like Johananssen and Murphy, ready to step up and take the game on. Wells , Mayne, weve seen it all before. They are not going to be threat to other sides. Concentrate on lightning handball skills with players aged 21-24, that noone has ever seen before, the dogs are miles ahead of anyone. Good luck to the pies, but I reckon recycling players today is not going to work.
R10 - 21 points, but only 1 more scoring shot. 'pies lead all day with their highest margin being 16 points half way through the third quarter. Just as it looked like we'd kick away injuries intervened leaving us with no fit bench and Crocker limping on the field. You blokes scored 7 goals to 1 after we lost our bench.

R21 - 3 points. At Etihad where we're a 2-4 goal worse side, 'dogs built a solid lead only to see it evaporate on near half time. 'pies then kicked away, before the 'dogs squared it. Ultimately goal for goal or 2 goal for 2 goals, unfortunately the siren went at the wrong time for us.

I guess we all have different perspectives of miles ahead. Also most Collingwood supporters lament the handball happy 'pies as we go 1 or 2 too many; the style is in the works though so thanks for the encouragement that we're on the right track.

"Wells would likely participate in the same ballet strength and conditioning program that helped key defender Ben Reid conquer his soft tissue problems this year.

Almost half of Collingwood’s list is involved in the program."

Hanging out for our Xmas version of Swan Lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to the pies on getting Wells. As Bevo stated after the Grand Final "We changed the game boys. " That's what is about today. Changing the game. Dogs have about 3 players in their VFL premiership that play exactly like Johananssen and Murphy, ready to step up and take the game on. Wells , Mayne, weve seen it all before. They are not going to be threat to other sides. Concentrate on lightning handball skills with players aged 21-24, that noone has ever seen before, the dogs are miles ahead of anyone. Good luck to the pies, but I reckon recycling players today is not going to work.
You'll get worked out just like every team that has come before you. Enjoy your grand final win and good on you for coming from 7th. But now you're the hunted. GWS will be first in line.

If you want to gloat about the Bulldogs piss off and do it on your own board. I don't usually mind opposition posters weighing in, but this adds nothing of value, you're just telling us how awesome your own team is.

"Wells would likely participate in the same ballet strength and conditioning program that helped key defender Ben Reid conquer his soft tissue problems this year.

Interesting you mention this.
I was at a talk the other day about the relationship between Sport and the Arts
One of the speakers was an actor, who used to be a footballer, and he was talking about a time many years ago when all the Collingwood players had to participate in ballet barre classes for flexibility

So what does this add to this convo?? Other than you being a smug w***er??

Back to footscray mate - well even pay for the train ticket - equalisation at its best

Not at all. The game the Pies played against the dogs at the MCG showed how good you can be. We were lucky to win, I respect the Pies. Would rather see more of that. The dogs have Wells covered mate, hes no threat. If we were playing the Pies I would rather see him play, I would be more more worried about their younger guys than him.
The whole comp has Travis Cloke covered...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So by round 1 2017 we can look forward to seeing a bunch of debutantes in the team due to half the list having suffered pre-season ballet related injuries.

Ffs. Lets be honest here Young isnt even in the same league as Wells. There are some serious peanuts on this board. All i read week in week out is how bad our kicking is and how we need better kicks and decision makers in our team. We are on the verge of getting someone who is capable of doing this 95% of the time and people kick up a stink because he is 32. Wells will improve our team if he gets on the park, a matter of how much is unknown, but it gets me a little hard thinking of a starting midfield of Grundy, Pendles, Treloar and Wells.
Yeah IF. Also improving the teams disposal is not done by bringing in a good kick for one maybe two seasons it comes from recruiting those players year after year in the draft

You make some good points and I know I've said stuff like this before too. But for our self belief and development I see winning a lot more games and making finals as a bigger plus than missing out again but pumping more games into the Goodyears and Gaults. At some stage it becomes imperative for the club and team to regain some winning mojo! I reckon that time has come.
But it is not guys like Goodyear and Gualt who are missing out if we bring in Wells it will be guys like Aish or Phillips. The fewest amount of games we have won in the last 11 seasons is 9 we haven't developed a losers culture and it is not like we will be uncompetitive without Wells. With or without him the best we can realistically hope to finish next year is between 7-12. If he does come I will support him when he pulls on the jumper and plays but I still won't think it is the best interest of the club moving forward

But it is not guys like Goodyear and Gualt who are missing out if we bring in Wells it will be guys like Aish or Phillips. The fewest amount of games we have won in the last 11 seasons is 9 we haven't developed a losers culture and it is not like we will be uncompetitive without Wells. With or without him the best we can realistically hope to finish next year is between 7-12. If he does come I will support him when he pulls on the jumper and plays but I still won't think it is the best interest of the club moving forward
I reckon we've got a list to challenge for the flag.

Yeah IF. Also improving the teams disposal is not done by bringing in a good kick for one maybe two seasons it comes from recruiting those players year after year in the draft

Actually, it more comes from training, practice and instilling an ethos of valuing every kick like it's a precious commodity.

You think all those Hawthorn players were just born kicking like that?

Clarkson paid for a kicking coach in his first year out of his own pocket.

So by round 1 2017 we can look forward to seeing a bunch of debutantes in the team due to half the list having suffered pre-season ballet related injuries.
Yep, I hear that the strength and conditioning ballet program designed to prevent soft tissue injuries is really bad for soft tissue injuries.

Blair to line up as first ruck round 1.

I have no problems with guys like Phillips playing and developing in the VFL. The only reason he even got games this year was because of injuries. Funny that in 09/10 we didn't gift games to youngsters, they broke the door down with form in the VFL. Hawks have been doing it that way for years too.

I have no problems with guys like Phillips playing and developing in the VFL. The only reason he even got games this year was because of injuries. Funny that in 09/10 we didn't gift games to youngsters, they broke the door down with form in the VFL. Hawks have been doing it that way for years too.
Players should have to earn their spots in the 22 not just gifted games :)

Players should have to earn their spots in the 22 not just gifted games :)
In my view Phillips and Crocker are good enough to get games on their own accord next year. Wells plays through the middle whereas the other two play on the flanks. I would be more concerned if we got Del Santo as he would more likely take games off Phillips and Crocker.

Anyone else find it strange this wasn't done yesterday?

He's an unrestricted, uncontracted free agent.
He's told North he's leaving
He's nominated Collingwood as his destination
Collingwood have offered him a contract he's accepted

So....why isn't he a Collingwood player yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back