Rumour Will Wells come to Collingwood now that he's leaving North? YES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So both Wells AND Mayne are unrestricted?

So do the deals already so we can move on to WHE and Rockliffe

Well going by Reports that Wells deal is done just waiting to Finalise it and Mayne be not long afterwards

Actually, it more comes from training, practice and instilling an ethos of valuing every kick like it's a precious commodity.

You think all those Hawthorn players were just born kicking like that?

Clarkson paid for a kicking coach in his first year out of his own pocket.
Yeah and you think that the fact Wright was told if they don't test very good or above had nothing to do with it?

Not at all. The game the Pies played against the dogs at the MCG showed how good you can be. We were lucky to win, I respect the Pies. Would rather see more of that. The dogs have Wells covered mate, hes no threat. If we were playing the Pies I would rather see him play, I would be more more worried about their younger guys than him.
Bookmarked this let's see what happens next year!
As for a young team beating experience yes it happens, but the pressure you guys will be under next year being favourites most games the young heads will get cocky and just expect it to happen like it continuously happened to our young team. Dogs will make finals next year but I don't expect them to threaten for a back to back.. But happy to be proven wrong!!

Oh because we are gifting them games now? They play because they are in the best 22.
You genuinely think that Phillips is best 22? Lay off the drugs.

You genuinely think that Phillips is best 22? Lay off the drugs.
Towards the end of the year he was, if it came down to a decision between Phillips and Wells I would take Phillips as he has what it takes to be100 game player where as Wells at best we will get 2 seasons out of

Towards the end of the year he was, if it came down to a decision between Phillips and Wells I would take Phillips as he has what it takes to be100 game player where as Wells at best we will get 2 seasons out of
Lol no he wasn't. He was playing because half our side was injured...

Yeah right makes perfect sense we must not have enough old players. Lets go after all the 30 year olds. I mean our average age is pretty much identical to the Dogs and they were disgraceful this year
Great observation. so you would have noted that their older players included in the age profile, Morris, Murphy, Boyd, Crameri, have all stayed on. whereas our's Swan, Caff, Cloke, and Toovey have all moved on. so unlike the dogs whose age profile will go up. ours will drop significantly. our oldest is Pendles now at 28. personally I hope that we bring in Dal Santo on top of Wells. Mayne I'm not fussed about.

He's posted a farewell message to North supporters on his Instagram this morning. With that out of the way I wouldn't expect the wait for him to sign on will be too much longer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Word is Collingwood and Wells have come to Agreement and Signing of the Papers be done this afternoom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's posted a farewell message to North supporters on his Instagram this morning. With that out of the way I wouldn't expect the wait for him to sign on will be too much longer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cucm5ayUAAARDjb.jpg

What if....

The option of Rockliff has us cooling on Wells?

Wouldn't that be a kick in his nutsack!!

Good business from the Pies. I really like this.
- Silky midfielder with skills
- Didn't require a trade
- Adds an abundance of experience to our midfield
- Can kick goals
- On form, is a best 22 player
- FREE OF CHARGE

Sure there's the risk of injury, but didn't we say that about Stevie J around 2011?

Low risk, high reward IMO.

View attachment 298592
I thought he was a silly midfielder...

Anyone else find it strange this wasn't done yesterday?

He's an unrestricted, uncontracted free agent.
He's told North he's leaving
He's nominated Collingwood as his destination
Collingwood have offered him a contract he's accepted

So....why isn't he a Collingwood player yet?
Because they are waiting for Dave's Welcome to Collingwood thread...first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back