Rumour Will Wells come to Collingwood now that he's leaving North? YES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So both Wells AND Mayne are unrestricted?

So do the deals already so we can move on to WHE and Rockliffe

Actually assume it has to be the other way round.

Let's think about this. We are apparently interested in Rockliff. He would command a significant salary. Until we know if he is coming, we probably cannot finalise salary offers to Wells, Mayne and WHE, there is no way we would have the equivalent of Rockliff's salary as swing capacity.

We probably intended to heavily front end Wells and Mayne based on a hole opening up next year through the loss of Cloke, Swan et al. Probably similar as an enticement to WHE. Now, until we know if Rockliff is coming, we probably can't finalise that or we may have to spread their salary more evenly.

Which by extension has ramifications on our ability to chase a rumoured big fish next off season.

Frankly, if we do sign Wells and Mayne today, I'd take it as a sign we aren't actually going after Rockliff.

Anything could happen Dave. We all thought Treloar would be done in the first couple of days last year too. It's the magic of trade week(s)!

Trade vs Signing is very Different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great observation. so you would have noted that their older players included in the age profile, Morris, Murphy, Boyd, Crameri, have all stayed on. whereas our's Swan, Caff, Cloke, and Toovey have all moved on. so unlike the dogs whose age profile will go up. ours will drop significantly. our oldest is Pendles now at 28. personally I hope that we bring in Dal Santo on top of Wells. Mayne I'm not fussed about.
Lol you bring up two blokes who contributed nothing this year in Murphy and Crameri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back