Will you be renewing for 2019

Will you be renewing at your same membership tier for season 2019?

• Yes

Votes: 150 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Downgrading

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • I am cancelling my membership entirely

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 39 15.1%
  • 3 game membership

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not renewing isn't the way to affect positive change. Find better ways to put across your grievances.
I am not sure I agree with this. I do understand that it has the potential to initiate a death spiral for the club but the only bargaining power we supporters have is our $. It's unfortunate, but we don't have any representation at the board or club. We can voice our grievances as loud as we want, but as long as the membership and merchandise money keeps coming in they won't give a *. I am pretty sure income is a stronger KPI than supporter satisfaction.

At least when we were s**t it was exciting to see the next generation coming through.
This is exactly my thinking. I joined as a member for the first time in 2007 not because I thought we were going to win a flag but to go watch an exciting new group of players (Gray, Westhoff, Boak, Pearce, Motlop, etc) plus some of my other, more established, favourites (The Chad, Tredders, etc). If you are not winning flags, or playing finals, at least you can enjoy to watch some of the better, more inspirational players. Daniel Motlop alone kept me going to the footy in 2010/11. Now we play horrible football, don't win flags, don't play finals AND we are trading Polec and maybe Wingard. They are really sucking the will to watch footy out of me.

Yes, 2x black diamond up in 334. Don’t get to use them much living in SYD but I make sure they’re used each week.

You can pry them from my cold dead hands in about 50 years time when I can’t deal with the stairs and the assistive folks refuse to deal with crankyme ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not renewing isn't the way to affect positive change. Find better ways to put across your grievances.
I disagree. It might be the electric shock / circuit breaker / kick up the arse / seismic shift the club needs.

20,000 people don't renew for a year and the crowd average drops to 25,000 the club will be surveying the s**t out of non renewals and non attendees, and if enough people complain with things like; s**t game plan, stupid selections and list management decisions, watching well paid blokes continually make U/10 errors, Koch and KT panicking and signing up Ken too early, we make the same mistakes over and over again, we don't learn, we don't improve, our board is unaccountable, we dont get answers we get platitudes etc etc etc - the club might get the message that we are sick of talk that is essentially cheap on a cost effective basis. Tell them we will come back when we perform not when we just spin PR bulldust.

One year shock therapy might do the job. A $3-$6mil revenue black hole should see some arses kicked and action taken.

On 22 September 1966 the paid attendance at a New York Yankees game was 413 in a stadium of 60,000+ capacity. Their lowest crowd ever! They finished last in the American League for first time since 1912. They won the WS in 1962 and won the American League pennant in 1963 and 1964. They survived the non attendance.

Rooch reckons he went to Yankee stadium in the late 1980's when they weren't much chop and the crowd was only around 1,000.

Last year the Yankees got a 25,000 crowd, their lowest in the new Yankees stadium built in 2009 with capacity of 50,000 for baseball. It was their lowest home crowd since 10,000 in 2004.

Whilst my renewwal was never in doubt the club has been incessantly calling to get me to buy/sell raffle tickets.

I finally answered, declined and explained I am not convinced the money ends up in the hands of the right resources to deliver the outcome the "Premiership Fund" is meant to deliver.

I have been renewing my son's membership for a number of years as part of his xmas gift.
He used to attend most games when they didn't clash with his work commitments, but saw only 4 or 5 in season 2017 due to working overseas, and none in 2018 because he has been in Argentina since mid Feb.
He is due home in early December and we will obviously discuss his renewal then, but I suspect he will be 60/40 at best, particularly if he lands another overseas gig that would result in him being out of the country for most, if not all of next season, and may prefer to spend the money on something else.

It is God awful to watch. I'm sure I'll swallow it early next year again, but each year I am less and less interested in our team. And with ken nothing will change.

Kids have AFL memberships and have been to all melb finals. Much, much better value than a port membership. They will probably attach it to a different club than port.

I can handle losing, or not making the 8. Its just awful to watch and there are no green shoots. We said those clowns would destroy this club when they moronically renewed Ken's contract and we were right. We have been right since 3 games into 2015.

So no.

Whilst my renewwal was never in doubt the club has been incessantly calling to get me to buy/sell raffle tickets.

I finally answered, declined and explained I am not convinced the money ends up in the hands of the right resources to deliver the outcome the "Premiership Fund" is meant to deliver.

Unfortunately the person you spoke to works for a company the club has outsourced that task to. You may have noticed the person say “...calling on behalf of the Port Adelaide Football Club...”. The club will never receive that feedback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree. It might be the electric shock / circuit breaker / kick up the arse / seismic shift the club needs.

20,000 people don't renew for a year and the crowd average drops to 25,000 the club will be surveying the s**t out of non renewals and non attendees, and if enough people complain with things like; s**t game plan, stupid selections and list management decisions, watching well paid blokes continually make U/10 errors, Koch and KT panicking and signing up Ken too early, we make the same mistakes over and over again, we don't learn, we don't improve, our board is unaccountable, we dont get answers we get platitudes etc etc etc - the club might get the message that we are sick of talk that is essentially cheap on a cost effective basis. Tell them we will come back when we perform not when we just spin PR bulldust.

One year shock therapy might do the job. A $3-$6mil revenue black hole should see some arses kicked and action taken.

On 22 September 1966 the paid attendance at a New York Yankees game was 413 in a stadium of 60,000+ capacity. Their lowest crowd ever! They finished last in the American League for first time since 1912. They won the WS in 1962 and won the American League pennant in 1963 and 1964. They survived the non attendance.

Rooch reckons he went to Yankee stadium in the late 1980's when they weren't much chop and the crowd was only around 1,000.

Last year the Yankees got a 25,000 crowd, their lowest in the new Yankees stadium built in 2009 with capacity of 50,000 for baseball. It was their lowest home crowd since 10,000 in 2004.
That's the thing, people have been priced out of Yankees tickets

Seats behind home plate cost about $4000 and they're almost always empty, even postseason games

What's surprising is the Yankees have been playing well this year and last year and the emergence of Aaron Judge as their new franchise player

John Oliver had a segment about this

Unfortunately the person you spoke to works for a company the club has outsourced that task to. You may have noticed the person say “...calling on behalf of the Port Adelaide Football Club...”. The club will never receive that feedback.

Agreed, it would be no different to telling someone in an overseas call centre you are not happy with the service, the chances of that getting back to the company whose name is on your invoice is probably non existent.

Agreed, it would be no different to telling someone in an overseas call centre you are not happy with the service, the chances of that getting back to the company whose name is on your invoice is probably non existent.
I am not naive enough to expect that even if they ran that in house that message would get back to anyone. I would expect their fundraising efforts to be down however....and hope, rather than expect, the club might consider why that might be.

I bought game access memebrships for 8 years when I was in UK and WA...so I am not going to abandon the club. But I am as pissed off as anyone that we gone backwards as a club since 2014.

May I ask what the response was?
Yeah he was understanding. I had the feeling I wasn't the first person to call.

He confirmed that Polec is the only one definitly leaving at this stage (even though it was before Polec's actuall presser) and that we had some stuff happening on our side as well so keep patient. I replied that was fine but I just wanted to hold off with renewal until I saw what the final list looked like. Told him I don't want to go to the footy to watch a team of half back flankers flood back and double fist spoil over the boundary line...

It is God awful to watch. I'm sure I'll swallow it early next year again, but each year I am less and less interested in our team. And with ken nothing will change.

Kids have AFL memberships and have been to all melb finals. Much, much better value than a port membership. They will probably attach it to a different club than port.

I can handle losing, or not making the 8. Its just awful to watch and there are no green shoots. We said those clowns would destroy this club when they moronically renewed Ken's contract and we were right. We have been right since 3 games into 2015.

So no.
Yep , and sometimes I feel like blaming all those nitwits that couldn't see the obvious till its too late . They call it being a loyal supporter , after all that we saw with the Choco saga , its more like stupidity

I’ve never been a Port member (combination of being too young to afford one, living in Victoria and my family goes for Collingwood) but I was seriously considering it this year. Motlop, Watts and Rockliff in while getting rid of a decent chunk of list cloggers was going to be a treat. I thought we were genuine premiership contenders. I know most of you did too. We started good, had a slump but then hit our strides. Then the game vs Freo happened. We fell, and fell hard from then on and did the unthinkable of missing finals, and in many cases losing the matches by under a goal. I shed many tears from there. I’m not afraid to admit that. And then finals hit. I started to stop caring. Footy was my blood, now this piece of s**t club has ruined it for me. Many of you may know I was a Collingwood fan up until 2015. I felt like that was the right choice. Still to this day many fam family members hold a grudge, even ones who don’t go for Collingwood. If I still went for Collingwood it would feel hollow or me if they won a flag. I was at work yesterday and I was working registers. During a quiet patch I was just having a think. The culture of football around me is mostly Collingwood. I live in the northern suburbs of Melbourne and my primary school is on the street that separated Collingwood and Carlton’s recruiting zone so they take up a fair chunk. But that culture would be so enjoyable. I was 12 when I changed teams. Too young to really be emotionally involved with a club. I might have been a diehard fan but I rarely attended games (still don’t attend them much anyway) and had to sit back from afar and watch on TV and it was hard to find a team to change to but I knew I wanted to change teams and Port’s freeflowing attacking football, bright future and All-Australians like Gray, Wingard and Boak. But in exchange for that I was unknowingly trading away friends who go for the same team, and the ability to go to 15 games a year. Right now I can go to 5 games and I only know one person who goes for Port, while everyone else seemingly hates Port. I guess we might be s**t but at least we’re relevant. I’m not buying a membership as the club plays with my emotions and can’t see more than 2 feet ahead, while all the fans can see and with the benefit of hindsight we’re proven right. Right now I’m so disenchanted and my hard earned cash will be going to the Melbourne Storm. At least then I can go for a team with a crowd that some sort of energy in Victoria. I’d be willing to accept shitness if we were tanking, or if it was the norm like at St Kilda or something but we are Port Adelaide farken. We’re meant to win premierships. Win them on the national stage FFS. Give Robbie a flag. Everyone knows he deserves one, and plays his heart out. Play Frampton when Ryder’s injured, don’t wait until Round 23. Give Farrell a run early instead of the SGray-Neade-Johnson merry go round. s**t we want but won’t happen. I’m not buying a membership and I’ll wait until the club shows a bit of ruthlessness before I do.

Last edited:
I’ve never been a Port member (combination of being too young to afford one, living in Victoria and my family goes for Collingwood) but I was seriously considering it this year. Motlop, Watts and Rockliff in while getting rid of a decent chunk of list cloggers was going to be a treat. I thought we were genuine premiership contenders. I know most of you did too. We started good, had a slump but then hit our strides. Then the game vs Freo happened. We fell, and fell hard from then on and did the unthinkable of missing finals, and in many cases losing the matches by under a goal. I shed many tears from there. I’m not afraid to admit that. And then finals hit. I started to stop caring. Footy was my blood, now this piece of s**t club has ruined it for me. Many of you may know I was a Collingwood fan up until 2015. I felt like that was the right choice. Still to this day many fam family members hold a grudge, even ones who don’t go for Collingwood. If I still went for Collingwood it would feel hollow or me if they won a flag. I was at work yesterday and I was working registers. During a quiet patch I was just having a think. The culture of football around me is mostly Collingwood. I live in the northern suburbs of Melbourne and my primary school is on the street that separated Collingwood and Carlton’s recruiting zone so they take up a fair chunk. But that culture would be so enjoyable. I was 12 when I changed teams. Too young to really be emotionally involved with a club. I might have been a diehard fan but I rarely attended games (still don’t attend them much anyway) and had to sit back from afar and watch on TV and it was hard to find a team to change to but I knew I wanted to change teams and Port’s freeflowing attacking football, bright future and All-Australians like Gray, Wingard and Boak. But in exchange for that I was unknowingly trading away friends who go for the same team, and the ability to go to 15 games a year. Right now I can go to 5 games and I only know one person who goes for Port, while everyone else seemingly hates Port. I guess we might be s**t but at least we’re relevant. I’m not buying a membership as the club plays with my emotions and can’t see more than 2 feet ahead, while all the fans can see and with the benefit of hindsight we’re proven right. Right now I’m so disenchanted and my hard earned cash will be going to the Melbourne Storm. At least then I can go for a team with a crowd that has some sort of energy in Victoria. I’d be willing to accept whiteness if we were tanking, but we are Port Adelaide farken. We’re meant to win premierships. Win them on the national stage FFS. Give Robbie a flag. Everyone knows he deserves one, and plays his heart out. Play Frampton when Ryder’s injured, don’t wait until Round 23. Give Farrell a run early instead of the SGray-Neade-Johnson merry go round. s**t we want but won’t happen. I’m not buying a membership and I’ll wait until the club shows a bit of ruthlessness before I do.
Carn the pear :thumbsu:

I’ve never been a Port member (combination of being too young to afford one, living in Victoria and my family goes for Collingwood) but I was seriously considering it this year. Motlop, Watts and Rockliff in while getting rid of a decent chunk of list cloggers was going to be a treat. I thought we were genuine premiership contenders. I know most of you did too. We started good, had a slump but then hit our strides. Then the game vs Freo happened. We fell, and fell hard from then on and did the unthinkable of missing finals, and in many cases losing the matches by under a goal. I shed many tears from there. I’m not afraid to admit that. And then finals hit. I started to stop caring. Footy was my blood, now this piece of s**t club has ruined it for me. Many of you may know I was a Collingwood fan up until 2015. I felt like that was the right choice. Still to this day many fam family members hold a grudge, even ones who don’t go for Collingwood. If I still went for Collingwood it would feel hollow or me if they won a flag. I was at work yesterday and I was working registers. During a quiet patch I was just having a think. The culture of football around me is mostly Collingwood. I live in the northern suburbs of Melbourne and my primary school is on the street that separated Collingwood and Carlton’s recruiting zone so they take up a fair chunk. But that culture would be so enjoyable. I was 12 when I changed teams. Too young to really be emotionally involved with a club. I might have been a diehard fan but I rarely attended games (still don’t attend them much anyway) and had to sit back from afar and watch on TV and it was hard to find a team to change to but I knew I wanted to change teams and Port’s freeflowing attacking football, bright future and All-Australians like Gray, Wingard and Boak. But in exchange for that I was unknowingly trading away friends who go for the same team, and the ability to go to 15 games a year. Right now I can go to 5 games and I only know one person who goes for Port, while everyone else seemingly hates Port. I guess we might be s**t but at least we’re relevant. I’m not buying a membership as the club plays with my emotions and can’t see more than 2 feet ahead, while all the fans can see and with the benefit of hindsight we’re proven right. Right now I’m so disenchanted and my hard earned cash will be going to the Melbourne Storm. At least then I can go for a team with a crowd that some sort of energy in Victoria. I’d be willing to accept shitness if we were tanking, or if it was the norm like at St Kilda or something but we are Port Adelaide farken. We’re meant to win premierships. Win them on the national stage FFS. Give Robbie a flag. Everyone knows he deserves one, and plays his heart out. Play Frampton when Ryder’s injured, don’t wait until Round 23. Give Farrell a run early instead of the SGray-Neade-Johnson merry go round. s**t we want but won’t happen. I’m not buying a membership and I’ll wait until the club shows a bit of ruthlessness before I do.
paragraphs are your friend

So you've never bought a membership.

You "seriously considered it" only when you thought we were a genuine premiership threat, but still didn't.

And now your not signing up.

What a loss.

I bet when we make the GF you will whinge about not getting access to tickets.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So basically, now Collingwood are in the GF you are regretting jumping ship to Port when you thought we'd be good?

Cheese and rice!

Back