Will you be renewing for 2019

Will you be renewing at your same membership tier for season 2019?

• Yes

Votes: 150 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Downgrading

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • I am cancelling my membership entirely

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 39 15.1%
  • 3 game membership

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I never would, i'm worried a lot will though.
For sure. And they'll be the first complaining when they sign up again in 5 years time when we're looking good again and their favourite seat isn't available.

Yes definitely and defiantly, although I need to work on my 13 yo who's lost a fair amount of faith recently

This discussion is exactly why NTUA is such a important element of our club

Regardless of the changes that may or may not happen it is essential all supporters put their money where their hearts are

The AGM is in February. That's too late to do anything other than vote out George Fiachi who is up for election at the end of this year are nominations and voting in the new year. We actually need an ex footballer on the board right now to educate the business people on the board about the football stuff ups.

List management, trading, drafting is concluded by end of November. Players are back at training in November. In February, Koch, KT, the coaches will speak about the 2019 season.

"We're looking forward not backwards." "We've put it behind us and we are moving." These will be the cliches rolled out in February at the AGM. they will politely listen but nothing will change.

Unfortunately our constitution doesn't allow us to call for an extraordinary general meeting in September. Club members are ignored.

We can protest, cajole, ring up and harass, bombard the club with emails and letters and they might have a members info meeting in September, or if they are really in a benevolent mood call an extraordinary general meeting, but it would have no legal power to change anything re the board or motions discussed.

Thanks for the info REH. You’re right, Feb is too late. If a message is to be sent, it needs to be done en masse and not left to a few. You’re last paragraph is the avenue to have any chance of being listened to.

If people feel strongly about the current situation then get to work folks. Don’t rely on the club reading this forum.

It might not get the result that you want, the club would be very reluctant to pay Kenny out, but it would send a message.

The only other thing I have thought about is, make sure you get to the game on Friday night but don’t stand up for NTUA. That would send a clear message to those in charge that the fans are not happy.

Yeah I know - Facebook Mums wiggling their hips and vapidly grinning

The word got out for the ovation on Todd's return

Why not for this ?
If the cheer squad behind the southern goals all sat it might be a start I guess.

Will renew my International Membership again. Even hungover in Munich the other morning I managed to drag myself awake and watch.
My wife thinks I’m mad but my 2 kids and this Club are my only real ties to Australia nowadays.
I’m really hoping to get home next year and get to see a match or 2 live.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this time it will be justified. Realistically not expected to make finals and play a style that's awful to watch (few neutrals would want to watch one of our games).

It’s not justified. Sunday twilight should never be the default dumping ground for us and Fremantle, while Carlton and St Kilda continue to be absolute garbage in prime time.

The only other thing I have thought about is, make sure you get to the game on Friday night but don’t stand up for NTUA. That would send a clear message to those in charge that the fans are not happy.

But that is the only time over the last few years I feel pumped at the footy - its certainly not whats going on on the field ..

Absolutely renewing

We weren't far off the pace at all this year and beat or got real close to everyone at full strength. Now we have a decent draft hand in a SA superdraft and another year to get hammer back and get the new boys to gel.

Do I have faith in this coaching group to make it happen? No. I don't.

But I'm damn sure gonna stick around to see it unfold.

It’s not justified. Sunday twilight should never be the default dumping ground for us and Fremantle, while Carlton and St Kilda continue to be absolute garbage in prime time.
Dont worry, we (West Coast) get plenty of crap Sunday games too.

Its all about TV and sending the game back to Victoria at a time that suits them.

There is no sign of this comp being fair and equal.

#sackGil

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll renew for me and renew for the kids even though they’ve never been to a game and ask mummy “why does daddy like football if it makes him so angry?”.

I hate everything about football at the moment and I’m really struggling with the clubs “direction” on and off field but....

Whaddaya gonna do, Ports is a drug and I’m an addict.

That would be pathetic and make a mockery of the whole supporter base in my opinion. It would be another tarps moment.
The only thing that will make vain people like tv show hosts take notice is by hitting them where it hurts: their ego.

Boycotting NTUA hurts the fans and aids the perception of us as being fairweather.

But rocking up and holding protest sign/banner with a message of dissent against the ivory tower that gets shown nationally on prime time tv... That'll get their attention. Power to the people.

Probably not.

It’s not just a Port thing, it’s an AFL thing.

I don’t like what is happening to the game.

Yeah look, I got Foxtel at the start of the year specifically for Fox Footy. Having all but come to the end of the season I’m probably watching Fox League over Fox Footy at a ratio of about 3:1.
Rugby League was always my game of choice until I lost my club years ago, and AFL (Port) took completely over for me. Time has healed some wounds and I’m really enjoying the stress free environment of watching 100% neutral games of rugby league.
I don’t know what it is specifically I’m finding so irritating about AFL now. Gil and his 24/7 PR machine, annoying commentators who think they matter, the constant desire of all and sundry to always be seen as Australia’s #1 solid citizen, Port sucking, or a combination of all. But if Port suddenly ceased to exist I doubt I’d watch a game. I just don’t love the game as a sport enough these days. It’s become a bit of a chore actually. Bring on spring and the warm weather pls.

Yeah look, I got Foxtel at the start of the year specifically for Fox Footy. Having all but come to the end of the season I’m probably watching Fox League over Fox Footy at a ratio of about 3:1.
Rugby League was always my game of choice until I lost my club years ago, and AFL (Port) took completely over for me. Time has healed some wounds and I’m really enjoying the stress free environment of watching 100% neutral games of rugby league.
I don’t know what it is specifically I’m finding so irritating about AFL now. Gil and his 24/7 PR machine, annoying commentators who think they matter, the constant desire of all and sundry to always be seen as Australia’s #1 solid citizen, Port sucking, or a combination of all. But if Port suddenly ceased to exist I doubt I’d watch a game. I just don’t love the game as a sport enough these days. It’s become a bit of a chore actually. Bring on spring and the warm weather pls.

I’ve watched more Friday night league than AFL this year.

Roosters/Bunnies was about the best game of football of any code I’ve seen this year.

I’ve watched more Friday night league than AFL this year.

Roosters/Bunnies was about the best game of football of any code I’ve seen this year.
Agreed. I like watching League too. Although I adopted the Titans But when i had fox i used to watch Storm/Broncos/Cowboys games quite a bit.

Often choosing NRL over AFL.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back