• Vegetarian - no

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Normal person - yes

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Normal person - no

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If this article ( Link ) is to be believed the Rebel Whopper is less healthy than the regular Whopper.

As you can see, the Rebel Whopper is actually slightly worse for you if you're counting calories. It has a higher amount of kilojoules, sodium, sugar and carbohydrates than the beef version. It also contains less protein despite being roughly the same size. The beef whopper is higher in saturated fat, though (10.4g versus 11.7g.)

Perhaps further refinements are needed.

So for the millions of year before live stock came to australia we had non health soils? Why exactly do we need healthy soils?

What went wrong:

- we had a dry rain forrest
- aborigines used fire for hunting and land management
- Eucalypts thrive with fire and recover the fastest and dominated the landscape
- Eucalypts increase the heat and intensity of fires rather than dampen further exacerbating the changing landscape
- Eucalypts’ leaves spread the fennel and oils over the soil making them hydrophobic
- this in turn causes run off and soil erosion
- this in turns kills the grasses and ground covers
- the loss of grasses and ground covers results in the loss of morning dew, sustaining life between rainfall events
- the loss of constant living root systems results in the loss of micro organisms resulting in dead soil and the loss of carbon capture
- fertiliser and fungicide also kills the micro organisms

The repair
- maintain living root systems year round
- encourage root systems as deep as possible
- use biological methods of landcare and fuel load management

- soils apparently need a gentle turn over which is best achieved by a hooved foot like livestock (the wild plains of Africa are an example with the migrating beasts). Perhaps mega fauna played this role in Australia

This is already a multi billion dollar industry in Oz and will only get bigger.

and these massive fires are dumping above average levels into the atmosphere which could take decades to be fully absorbed.
But if those trees werent there to burn to begin with then those emissions (plus more) would already be in the atmosphere. And they only get absorbed if there are trees to absorb them. Which you dont want. How are you not understanding this after being told repeatedly?

I think u missed the part about it being a "local legend".
Never mind. Its often how "facts" are determined these days.
Fact. Robin Hood was said to have an 11 inch wang. Hard to believe but there u go. Good enough for me.
No wonder Maid Marian always had a smile on her face.

What went wrong:

- Eucalypts thrive with fire and recover the fastest and dominated the landscape
- Eucalypts increase the heat and intensity of fires rather than dampen further exacerbating the changing landscape
- Eucalypts’ leaves spread the fennel and oils over the soil making them hydrophobic

Maybe the repair should include not planting so many eucalypts. People get all gooey about things because they are 'native'.

Free range baby ! Anything else is an abomination.
If it aint grown or sourced as nature intended, don't eat it.

Perhaps just treat it the same way the greenies treated GM crops.

Nature doesn't intend anything. Hardly anything we eat is "natural".

Humans have been stuffing around with breeding food for years - anyone know what this?

Q4GORkx.jpg

Bring on the cell meat - I'd eat it for sure.

Spot on. So any banana you eat that isn't full of seeds, is a genetic freak that has been selectively bred. It's far from being on it's own.

Selective breeding is a bit different to making 'meat' with cells in a lab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selective breeding is a bit different to making 'meat' with cells in a lab.

Yes but I was responding to a post noting and I quote "Free range baby ! Anything else is an abomination". My point is just about everything we eat has been selectively bred and very little is free range. In other words, we have been eating abominations for centuries. I'd happily eat another one in cell meat.

Free range baby ! Anything else is an abomination.
If it aint grown or sourced as nature intended, don't eat it.

Perhaps just treat it the same way the greenies treated GM crops.
Nature is not conscious. It intends nothing. Plus livestock animals didnt exist before farmers. They are animals created through human breeding programs and would never have existed without human manipulation.

A further advantage is that we no longer have to stick with livestock meats. We could go far more exotic. Im thinking roast peacock dinner anybody?

And we can have coronvirus free bat dinners. And no doubt our island friends to the north cant wait to get some whale in to them? There is a reason the Japanese are likely be the first to bring cell based meat to market. That and the fact they have no livestock lobby to deal with.

s**t, i want king emperor penguin burgers.

This is a social game changer.
At the former British station, now mostly museum, at Port Lockroy, Antarctica they have an old cookbook with seal and penguin recipes. It was under glass many years ago when I went, open to a fried penguin breast recipe.
Try a Penguin Parmi/Parma.

Revive the dodo, in dish form. I have it on good(ies) authority they were absolutely delicious.

Back