Will your opinion of Carlton change if they dont win another game this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

I lost any respect I had for Carlton when they were first caught rorting the salary cap. However I did have some sympathy for them the way the AFL over-penalised them while letting others off lightly. However now I have no sympathy, just utter contempt.

I lost any respect I had for Carlton when they were first caught rorting the salary cap. However I did have some sympathy for them the way the AFL over-penalised them while letting others off lightly. However now I have no sympathy, just utter contempt.

I'll let Dick Pratt know. I'm sure he gives a toss about your contempt.

That's fine, we'll cope. :)

I am sure some people have contempt for the club you support as well.....whichever club that may be.

It is just how life is.

A few interesting observations about Carlton fans and their arguement that Carlton aren't good enough to lose games by choice.

If Carlton aren't good enough as you all have claimed, then can some of you learned Carlton supporters explain the following:
How did a poor Carlton side that aren't good enough, find a way to come back from 5-6 goals down against the Tigers in the first round?

How did a Carlton side that aren't good enough, manage to come back from 8 goals down against the Dons 2 weeks later?

How did a Carlton side that aren't good enough, manage to come back from a 2 goal half time deficiet against the Dogs in round 10?

How did a Carlton side that aren't good enough, manage to hold on to a near 6 goal half time lead against the Power in Round 11 yet can't hold onto a near 5 goal lead against the Dons in Round 20?

How did a Carlton side that aren't good enough, manage to come back from 7-8 goals down against Port in Adelaide and hit the front yet some how manage to lose?

Please just one of you give valid answers to each of these queries and I'll be satisfied. Seems to me that Carlton are good enough if they want to be to win games they have no right to if they are in fact as bad as you guys claim them to be. Bad sides don't win from 5-8 goals down to win games. However it could be suggested that tanking sides somehow manage to get 5-6 goals in front and yet find a way to lose.

People asking for stone cold proof are a riot

Ex Carlton players high fiving each other after loses, Appointing losing coaches, Playing duds like Jamison on Lloyd. Anyone can run around a little and look like they are trying. That isnt very hard.

As I said though Carlton are doing this in a arrogant way. A way in which they have and are clearly showing they are tanking and doing it with a smile on their faces. THey had the game under control against Essendon. They rolled over.

That is match fixing. That is illegal. I dont want Ratten to be locked away in prison or anything but barring Carlton from this years draft does seem an appropiate punishment. Either that or disband the Carlton football club. Give them a new name and start again. The club has no culture, no pride and its disrespectful to the past greats of Carlton to be reflected on by the current bunch of no heart pea brains

I don't like the system i wish the AFL will get rid of pp. But have you all forgotten St Kilda 00,01,02, Hawthorn 04,05,06 Richmond 2004, Bulldogs 03,04, Collingwood 05. If the AFL didn't penalize us so hard we will not be in this position. But the facts are Carlton are going to be a wonderful young side. Its our turn in the SUN :) now

I don't like the system i wish the AFL will get rid of pp. But have you all forgotten St Kilda 00,01,02, Hawthorn 04,05,06 Richmond 2004, Bulldogs 03,04, Collingwood 05. If the AFL didn't penalize us so hard we will not be in this position. But the facts are Carlton are going to be a wonderful young side. Its our turn in the SUN :) now

No there not. Your youngsters are ordinary. Josh Kennedy is surely going to be delisted this year. A wasted draft pick. Bryce Gibbs has shown the least out of the top 10 draft picks from last season. Marc Murphy is stagnating and your best player doesnt have any respect for his club or his teammates.The club is going nowhere which makes the tanking even more hard to accept.

Ex Carlton players high fiving each other after loses, Appointing losing coaches, Playing duds like Jamison on Lloyd. Anyone can run around a little and look like they are trying. That isnt very hard.

As I said though Carlton are doing this in a arrogant way. A way in which they have and are clearly showing they are tanking and doing it with a smile on their faces. THey had the game under control against Essendon. They rolled over.

That is match fixing. That is illegal. I dont want Ratten to be locked away in prison or anything but barring Carlton from this years draft does seem an appropiate punishment. Either that or disband the Carlton football club. Give them a new name and start again. The club has no culture, no pride and its disrespectful to the past greats of Carlton to be reflected on by the current bunch of no heart pea brains

Thats funny coming from a West Coast Supporter. I tell who's the blame St Kilda they invented tanking.

Your running scared Kruizer, Cotchin, Gibbs, Murphy, Kennedy, Grigg, Walker, Hampson,

I couldnt care less if you keep your playing list. The club has no culture, no real fans and no pride. Its time the AFL stepped in. Your players can stay though. I dont care

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, all and sundry would tell you that if the club wanted to ensure no more wins this year all we had to do was keep Pagan on as coach. :D

So I don't know where you get your theory from. :confused:

I made it up.

Actually if Carlton had not of cheated the system they would not have been in this position. Pretty easy to blame the AFL but tell me was it the AFL that payed your players outside the salary cap or was it those in charge of Carlton that did it?

Are you on Ice ?

A few interesting observations about Carlton fans and their arguement that Carlton aren't good enough to lose games by choice.

If Carlton aren't good enough as you all have claimed, then can some of you learned Carlton supporters explain the following:
How did a poor Carlton side that aren't good enough, find a way to come back from 5-6 goals down against the Tigers in the first round?

How did a Carlton side that aren't good enough, manage to come back from 8 goals down against the Dons 2 weeks later?

How did a Carlton side that aren't good enough, manage to come back from a 2 goal half time deficiet against the Dogs in round 10?

How did a Carlton side that aren't good enough, manage to hold on to a near 6 goal half time lead against the Power in Round 11 yet can't hold onto a near 5 goal lead against the Dons in Round 20?

How did a Carlton side that aren't good enough, manage to come back from 7-8 goals down against Port in Adelaide and hit the front yet some how manage to lose?

Please just one of you give valid answers to each of these queries and I'll be satisfied. Seems to me that Carlton are good enough if they want to be to win games they have no right to if they are in fact as bad as you guys claim them to be. Bad sides don't win from 5-8 goals down to win games. However it could be suggested that tanking sides somehow manage to get 5-6 goals in front and yet find a way to lose.

You're right - we are a great side. And with the Number 1 and 3 draft picks we will be even better next year while Richmond will still be crap.

You're right - we are a great side. And with the Number 1 and 3 draft picks we will be even better next year while Richmond will still be crap.

but the no 1 pick is rumoured to the be second coming of this guy

joshfraser_gallery__470x378.jpg

Bigcox and friends please expain to me if Hawthorn were tanking on Sunday ? I mean they are 7 points up with 45secs to play yet they somehow managed to lose the game. Carlton lost to Essendon on Saturday when they were up by 10 points with 5 mins to go and you accuse them of Tanking so explain the difference between this and Hawthorn on Sunday ?

Also someone also explain why Stkilda , Fitzroy and Swans finished consitently near the bottom in th 80's & 90's (Stkilda 1880) and why they did this ? No rewards for not been good enough this so why did it happen ?

Some how I thought the questions would be too hard for some of the less intelligent Carlton folk out there, perhaps I should wait for the smart ones to some online before expecting a reasonable response rather than your tripe.

BTW you get may well get Picks 1 & 3 in this years draft but just how are they going to make Carlton any better? After all 2 years back you guys had picks 1 & 4 and failed to move away from the bottom then had pick 1 last year and still failed to climb away from the bottom reaches of the ladder. You see a pattern emerging, Carlton get pick 1 year after year and yet still can't find a way to climb out of the doldrums. At least after our last spoon we tried to improve and move away from the bottom, yet Carlton, a team that was once an almost guaranteed finals side is now embracing the bottom rungs of the ladder year after year. I know one thing is for sure Richmond will be trying to move away from the bottom rungs of the ladder next year, while Carlton may try for another number one pick if recent history is anything to go by.

Some how I thought the questions would be too hard for some of the less intelligent Carlton folk out there, perhaps I should wait for the smart ones to some online before expecting a reasonable response rather than your tripe.

BTW you get may well get Picks 1 & 3 in this years draft but just how are they going to make Carlton any better? After all 2 years back you guys had picks 1 & 4 and failed to move away from the bottom then had pick 1 last year and still failed to climb away from the bottom reaches of the ladder. You see a pattern emerging, Carlton get pick 1 year after year and yet still can't find a way to climb out of the doldrums. At least after our last spoon we tried to improve and move away from the bottom, yet Carlton, a team that was once an almost guaranteed finals side is now embracing the bottom rungs of the ladder year after year. I know one thing is for sure Richmond will be trying to move away from the bottom rungs of the ladder next year, while Carlton may try for another number one pick if recent history is anything to go by.

What was that about intelligent responses ???

Richmonds youngsters s**t all over Carltons. Id take Nathan Foley on his lonesome over Carltons entire group of youngsters combined. Then you got the likes of Deledio, Thursfield just to name a few. Ten times better then Carltons group

What was that about intelligent responses ???
You tell me you're the one claiming that by having picks 1&3 in the draft this year Carlton will be better next year, when in the last 2 years they have had 2 number 1 picks and a number 4 pick and have yet to move more than one spot from the bottom. Then again I suppose it is easy to be better next year when they only have to win 5 games and they've had a better year. But then again that would rule your mob out of another number 1 pick.:rolleyes:

No there not. Your youngsters are ordinary. Josh Kennedy is surely going to be delisted this year. A wasted draft pick. Bryce Gibbs has shown the least out of the top 10 draft picks from last season. Marc Murphy is stagnating and your best player doesnt have any respect for his club or his teammates.The club is going nowhere which makes the tanking even more hard to accept.

May be interesting if the rumours are true and you're after Fev in a big way. Can't wait to see you bashing the walls of subi down taking the high morale ground saying we don't take players from tanking clubs.....

At least after our last spoon we tried to improve and move away from the bottom,yet Carlton, a team that was once an almost guaranteed finals side is now embracing the bottom rungs of the ladder year after year. I know one thing is for sure Richmond will be trying to move away from the bottom rungs of the ladder next year, while Carlton may try for another number one pick if recent history is anything to go by.

Yeah and oh how the tigers have improved so much since there last spoon in 2004 to the current spoon of 2007 . hahahaha classic stuff

And good luck in your quest to move off the bottom of the ladder and back to the glory days of 9th position. If recent history is to go by you are a shoe in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back