Recommitted Willem Drew [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Facepalm

fantasia has zero trade value. Essendon would have to pay a team to take him at this stage. He will stay at essendon.

dons are screaming out for a guy like wines. If he was available they would pay through the teeth, why The fu** would port let him go for a single mid first round pick when he’s contracted.

Let’s not derail this thread with sh*t trade suggestions from people who don’t watch or rate ports players.
Agreed Fantasia strikes me as an arrogant flog with waaaaay too many tickets on himself.

In reality he is an average, injury prone small forward. Worth nothing except maybe a delisted free agent

Wines + Drew for Fantasia + 2020 First Rounder (which might be in the 8-14 range) actually sounds like a pretty even deal for both sides.

Wouldn't do that deal even without Drew. Wines has started to recapture his best form over the last few weeks, Fantasia has been hot garbage since 2017.

Lol how has the Willem Drew thread turned into an exact replica of both the Wines and Fantasia threads?

Wouldn't do that deal even without Drew. Wines has started to recapture his best form over the last few weeks, Fantasia has been hot garbage since 2017.

Fair enough, it's probably evidence of how much I don't rate Wines that highly (and how samey the Port midfield is with so many "hard nut" types with questionable disposal).

Lol how has the Willem Drew thread turned into an exact replica of both the Wines and Fantasia threads?
Because a Pie fan suggested a dumb trade and Port fans have been idiotic
because essendon fans want to pawn Fantasia off and are adamant that he’s got value while port should accept cents on the dollar for their players.
No Essendon poster has suggested trading Fantasia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because essendon fans want to pawn Fantasia off and are adamant that he’s got value while port should accept cents on the dollar for their players.

Bit of a diversion, but would people consider Fantasia more or less valueable (future output included) than Angus Monfries when he went from Essendon to Port Adelaide?

this is a bizarre comparison and I’m not sure what the point of it is?
monfries >>>>>>> Fantasia
Monfries was a free agent btw.

Smaller forward types who had talent, but hadn't quite capitalised on it for long enough stretches to not be expendable. Fantasia will be the same age at the end of the year as Monfries when he went to Port Adelaide too.

More just a curiosity than anything, but maybe that's a lense through which fans could view Fantasia's value.

Bit of a diversion, but would people consider Fantasia more or less valueable (future output included) than Angus Monfries when he went from Essendon to Port Adelaide?
Monfries had more consistency, mostly due to Raz's injuries, but Fantasia's best is better. And the Monfries thing is a bit of an outlier, a trade for a 3rd round pick benefitted both more than Free Agency as we were bringing in Goddard so no compensation for Gus and they'd lost Pearce and Chaplin, so bringing him in as a FA would have affected that compensation.
it was a pies supporter on this thread but this board has hundreds of Fantasia for player x trade suggestions from dons fans.
So basically the reason this thread got derailed isn't what you said here?

Fantasia has no value.
Even if he comes out and has a stellar end to the season (which he's still looking like 2 weeks away), would Port trust the injuries and take the gamble when they have plenty in his role already....and he's out of contract next year.

That said, Drew has played 10 games since being drafted.
We need his size, i like the glimpse i saw last year and was keen in his draft year, but we took Begley.

Would love to land him and Brodie this offseason.

Another example of a thread where posters somehow think they are actually negotiating... Just strange.

IF traded, I'd think the players values are probably something like this;

Drew: Next to nothing, probably a nominal 4th rounder or something. I rated him in his draft year, but when these types of players want to leave, nothing much gets sent back for them.

Wines: There will be interest which could drive his price up. Probably worth a mid-1st round + mid/late 2nd round. Very good player, not in that top echelon of mids though.

Fantasia: Maybe a late 2nd? Might interest a team who thinks they can get him right, but has not done anything to suggest he's worth coughing up a good pick for. Not only has he had significant injury problems, but has also had consistency issues. Best is really good, worst is terrible.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back