A Section VAFA Premier 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you read his history of posts, he's a Xavier bloke who must have had his high school sweetheart stolen away from him by a St Kevin's kid, all he does is bag SKOB.

Come on Briza. A SKOB getting it over a Xav with a lady. Now you are really losing it...

Wrong on both counts......My dislike for Skobs is that they thought they could waltz into A Grade and take all by storm....Gun recruits, second to know one, fill their cabinets full of silver ware, a dynasty of premierships coming their way, no respect for clubs who have done a whole lot more than they have. And with a little bit more luck (in my opinion anyway) they could nearly gone back down.
The proof will be how many "guns' (pop guns) they retain for 2017. You couldnt get a wider "football gulf" than that between a Club like OT and one like Skobbs. So much to learn and its not all on the paddock...

Right then. Can't help but feel your dislike and the reasons for it is all in your own head. No SKOB person I know had that attitude coming into A. You may have imagined that attitude yourself when you heard they had a couple of ex AFL recruits and were coming off an undefeated season, but anyone who actually knows the list understood they actually lost more quality cattle from the B-Section flag than they gained. I'm of the strong opinion it was a weaker list in 2016 due to forced unavailability (travel, long term injury etc).

Every club has this I know, but SKOB didn't actually add enough to replace what they lost. This is evident when you look at some of the names that played a fair bit of senior footy in 2016. They didn't get a look at seniors in 2015.

It's fine to dislike other clubs, it's a competition. But don't claim they thought A-Section would be a walk in the park, as you have created that attitude yourself. It's a very tough comp, and SKOB will have their work cut out for them to retain their spot again.

Right then. Can't help but feel your dislike and the reasons for it is all in your own head. No SKOB person I know had that attitude coming into A. You may have imagined that attitude yourself when you heard they had a couple of ex AFL recruits and were coming off an undefeated season, but anyone who actually knows the list understood they actually lost more quality cattle from the B-Section flag than they gained. I'm of the strong opinion it was a weaker list in 2016 due to forced unavailability (travel, long term injury etc).

Every club has this I know, but SKOB didn't actually add enough to replace what they lost. This is evident when you look at some of the names that played a fair bit of senior footy in 2016. They didn't get a look at seniors in 2015.

It's fine to dislike other clubs, it's a competition. But don't claim they thought A-Section would be a walk in the park, as you have created that attitude yourself. It's a very tough comp, and SKOB will have their work cut out for them to retain their spot again.

Each to his own..............

Why are the 2016 threads locked?
Last time I checked it was still 2016. Mod's a little trigger happy I think.

2016 season is done and dusted. Everything is leading up to 2017. Preseason starts now, with all bigfooty posters required to put in the hard yards to increase their mental fitness and sharpen their wits before praccy matches start.

Canada’s actually a Carey boy but likes to align himself with winners, hence the love for Xavs, Kew et al.

Shut up. Carey has done bloody well over the last decade and blokes like you potting the panthers is rubbish. Going from the lower grades to A ain't winner enough for you Rooster?
It's a grand old flag it's a high flying flag....

Canada’s actually a Carey boy but likes to align himself with winners, hence the love for Xavs, Kew et al.

And...I don't love Kew. I was just having some Beaser fun. I don't even really like Kew. Terrible I know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First goal, winner and margin (can be within a 6 point range) & Norm Smith.
Mapletbet offering 50/1.
Mapletbet has gone Stringer, Doggies 11 points, Libba.
Jump on board. You can find the site at www.maplebet.com.au or alternatively wwwnolongerapanther.com.au (this is if Rooster wants to jump on and bet)

First goal, winner and margin (can be within a 6 point range) & Norm Smith.
Mapletbet offering 50/1.
Mapletbet has gone Stringer, Doggies 11 points, Libba.
Jump on board. You can find the site at www.maplebet.com.au or alternatively wwwnolongerapanther.com.au (this is if Rooster wants to jump on and bet)

Like you I don’t mind a bet but unlike you I have always remained loyal to the one club. I can be found at www.blueandgoldforever.com or www.ficklesupportersnotwelcomehere.com.au

Nice websites. I'm proud of my Carey schooling days. Co-ed. Ladies everywhere. I wish you could have joined me for the fun.
#proudpanther

So you should be. Carey is a fantastic school. Which makes your obsession with aligning yourself to the all-boy Jesuit pranksters down the road even more confusing.

Spot on Rooster. With your support here, I'm thinking of heading down and watching a bit of Panthers next year. It's time to re embrace the black gold and blue.
Apologies to the Xavs friends I've made since leaving Carey. I just need to get back to my roots a little.

Great day for Maplebet. Most takers were all over the Swannies and Buddy. I'm not one to 'Roost' but pretty happy with the days takings.
May throw a little bit the Panthers way..

Yes, no doubt Gil McLachlan and bevo stitched up a nice little deal at the swans expense...

Yep, now you're a Panther Hansie...I have made a promise to Rooster to reconnect with the Pantherhood. Where is the local watering hole? I'm keen to get in early preseason style!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back