A Section VAFA Premier 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You heard it here a month ago people. Anyway, I'm off here for a while, have a nice off season.

What are OX's trying to achieve? They sack a Premiership winning Coach with other successes to CV and replace him with what? An average AFL player who has achieved what in coaching? The very best they can hope for is another Flag. Well they already had a Coach that can and did that............and look where it got him??? Its an absolute disgrace!!! They stand condemned..

But you need to get it down there first AM. While it is a solid return, 58 from 18 goals in a top team is not really the stuff of legends. My mail is that he is physically and mentally done with football but I guess time will tell. Widely regarded as a ripper bloke and he would be great for the comp. There was emotional and family ties to Lavington but 'A' grade ammos is a young man's caper and I wonder why a player with his history of really serious injuries who turns 35 next year would bother. I'm not really sure he would that much impact either.

Siposs would be a real handful. Has a serious leg on him and with the wind blowing at Banksia he could bang them through from behind the centre. Had a decent year in the VFL and would surely earn a quid elsewhere so unsure why he would head to shark park.

Sipos contracted at Willy for another year so don't see how he can leave. Even if he wanted to the club would have to strike a deal with Willy to release him.
But you guys might know more than me or are you just hearing rumours?

FWIW so out of the 9 senior coaches involved in Grand Finals in the top 4 divisions I have it as 3 are left, with 5 of the other 6 being pushed. Who wants to coach????
judging by the comments in another thread lloyd does.

btw. i have been reported and asked to change my username.

i am in the process of working out how to do that by making contact through the forum contact form.

i am just passing that on so i will not get criticised here for doing it.

FWIW so out of the 9 senior coaches involved in Grand Finals in the top 4 divisions I have it as 3 are left, with 5 of the other 6 being pushed. Who wants to coach????

Paul Roos, Mick Malthouse, Bomber Thompson....

Plenty of coaches reach a tipping point after the ultimate success.

judging by the comments in another thread lloyd does.

btw. i have been reported and asked to change my username.

i am in the process of working out how to do that by making contact through the forum contact form.

i am just passing that on so i will not get criticised here for doing it.
What is wrong with it, doesn't worry me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big Q-Ball stands down and hands over the reigns to his old assistant Mr James Walker.
Great bloke JW. Instrumental in Xavs second most recent flag as the midfield coach. Will do very well.

As suggested at the time the names linked to Beaumaris proved to be off the mark. Gwilt locked in at Noble Park, Kozi not playing and Siposs has had an ankle reco, apparently in preparation for another season at Willy. Not suggesting the Sharks won’t acquit themselves well but it seems they will have to do it without this trio.

After all the hype of last season, things seem much quieter on the recruiting front at the moment. Obviously the big Russian to SKOBs is the big one and have heard that a few handy VFL mids are heading back to the Trott. Any other news around the traps?

As suggested at the time the names linked to Beaumaris proved to be off the mark. Gwilt locked in at Noble Park, Kozi not playing and Siposs has had an ankle reco, apparently in preparation for another season at Willy. Not suggesting the Sharks won’t acquit themselves well but it seems they will have to do it without this trio.

After all the hype of last season, things seem much quieter on the recruiting front at the moment. Obviously the big Russian to SKOBs is the big one and have heard that a few handy VFL mids are heading back to the Trott. Any other news around the traps?

Very interesting Rooster as I was speaking to a mover and shaker at Beaumaris today and he was very confident of Gwilt lining up with them. Apparently, an electrical job is the deal clincher here as his no.1 priority is a career post AFL. Kosi was never a chance, and Sipos, after saying yes the Sharks have grown less and less confident in his commitment as each day passed.

Very interesting Rooster as I was speaking to a mover and shaker at Beaumaris today and he was very confident of Gwilt lining up with them. Apparently, an electrical job is the deal clincher here as his no.1 priority is a career post AFL. Kosi was never a chance, and Sipos, after saying yes the Sharks have grown less and less confident in his commitment as each day passed.

I guess time will tell but this tends to suggest he is heading to Noble and confirms what I have heard previously.

https://twitter.com/PaulAmy375/status/792183917180616704

Came from there originally and believe he played the odd game of cricket there as well during his afl days. Reckon noble would also have the contacts for his sparky job.

History tends to show that if there is the slightest bit of doubt about an ex AFL / VFL player coming to an Ammo team, the odds
are that they WONT.

99% sure wont cut it....

History tends to show that if there is the slightest bit of doubt about an ex AFL / VFL player coming to an Ammo team, the odds
are that they WONT.

99% sure wont cut it....

Very true. You could write a book on all the almosts and gunnas over the years. Plenty of crowing. Plenty of back outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back