Official Club Stuff Williams, Bergman and Georgiades sign on

Remove this Banner Ad

On Williams, his lateral movement at stoppage is a bit Robbie Gray like, and he clearly has great goal sense.

Bergman looks so good in the backlines in those clips. I’m very happy they’ve decided to develop him there.

At the same time you can only have so many defenders. We're adding Aliir and Jones to what was already the stingiest defensive group in the league. I'd much rather see Bergman gunning for the spot of someone like Ebert or Motlop than for the spot of any of our defenders.

At the same time you can only have so many defenders. We're adding Aliir and Jones to what was already the stingiest defensive group in the league. I'd much rather see Bergman gunning for the spot of someone like Ebert or Motlop than for the spot of any of our defenders.
We need to develop Bergman and Jones into big bodied, long kicking, high output and high efficiency mids. They’ve both got good athletic traits, can hit contests hard and play direct footy.

So Bergman is Whitfield
Williams is Robbie Gray
Mead is Sam Mitchell
Georgiadis is Fyfe

Looking good :)

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

On Williams, his lateral movement at stoppage is a bit Robbie Gray like, and he clearly has great goal sense.
Surely he is spending heaps of time with Robbie learning from him this preseason.

So Bergman is Whitfield
Williams is Robbie Gray
Mead is Sam Mitchell
Georgiadis is Fyfe

One step at a time - Mitch will be our Ebert replacement next year...

He already has big plans for a new role next season and beyond.

“I spoke to the coaches a lot towards the end of the year about playing that high half forward role,” he explained.

“I think I’ve got the athletic ability to use my legs and play a bit higher so we talked about replacing the Brad Ebert-sort of game style and being able to run up and down the ground so that’s where my next development is.

“I feel like I can play deep, although there’s still plenty of work to do on that part of my game, but (I’m looking forward to) learning my craft as a high half forward and getting up the ground a bit more.”

Bergman is a bit different in that he has the potential to be an elite interceptor

Hartlett is 30.

Dbj Houston jones and Bergman as a defensive group is pretty flexible as they are all either already are or have the tools to be secondary mids / wingmen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bergman was drafted to be a high half forward but if Georgiades wants it I guess he will be kept as a defender for awhile

he may have played at hff for Sandringham but that doesn’t mean we drafted him to be a hff.

when we drafted him I saw a very talented athlete who I don’t think was in games anywhere near enough from the position he played

I went back and rewatched his stuff and said if they make him a half back he could be a star.

having seen snippets of him in that position this year it looks like a great decision they’ve made.

Whose decision was it for our reserves to not wear the Prison Bars in the 2020 scratch matches?
I'm not sure I like them wearing Pbs if it isn't the SANFL either
Both the prison bars and the BIB should be things you want to wear rather than will wear regardless

So Bergman is Whitfield
Williams is Robbie Gray
Mead is Sam Mitchell
Georgiadis is Fyfe

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't like how you are limiting their potential!

Probably means clubs asked about him, even more likely his manager was just fishing for more $ from his contract.
This is what i hate about Managers. How many times would they be responsible for planting the seed ‘you can get more money’ when a player is already happy at a club. What kind of question is that anyway? Wouldn't ‘are you happy at port’ ‘how are things going at port’ be much more appropriate?

I understand a managers job is to get the best deal for their player but sometimes the best money doesnt always equate to the best deal.....look at what has happened to Treloar as an example.

Certainly agree with you. An idea from left field for mine would be to see how Jones goes in the midfield in pre season. Hed probably need at least a year but i wouldnt mind seeing him used in spurts whilst he starts out obviously in defence. Would probably more be a thing in his 2nd, 3rd year etc.

I feel we may certainly lose a couple players over the next couple years due to opportunity. I cant see depth players like lienert/bonner etc staying the way they did this year in a couple years time. As long as its those types that leave and not the youth then i will be happy. Dont want to see players like bonner allowing promising youth to walk out the door because of lack of opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back