Williams New Driver

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 10, 2004
Neverland
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Collingwood, Southampton
Who should be Williams's new driver and Mark Webber's teammate? My preferance is Nick Heidfeld. He has proven he is a quality driver at Sauber and was just pipped by Kimi Raikkonen for the McLaren seat a few years back.

Davidson has great potential so i voted for him but on the basis that this driver will only be there for one year cause Button should be coming next yeari think it should be Coulthard. Adds the experience to the team that we need and has proven skill.

the_mighty_pies_3733 said:
Great news: Davidson is out of the running because BAR have blocked the move for the Williams Test. :D :D :D

Yeah stupid BAR. I hate them so much now (but i think BAR would hate us more). The real loser there is Davidson. Pizzonia i would think would be almost assured of the spot now. Who would have thought we would have got Jaguars line up several years ago?

Interesting!

Webber stirs Pizzonia row
Sportal

Mark Webber has re-ignited the war of words with former Jaguar teammate Antonio Pizzonia, accusing the Brazilian of lying about quality of their cars.

Pizzonia has been tipped as a possible partner to Webber at his new team Williams for 2005, however the Australian is more concerned by comments that he was given favourable treatment at Jaguar.

"He knows he's told lies. He says his car was different to mine? If he really thinks that, then he's a loser," Webber told Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper.

"The truth is that Antonio was fast in testing but couldn't repeat it in races."

"This year when he replaced (Marc) Gene in Ralf Schumacher's Williams he raced well, but he didn't have much pressure to bear because he had nothing to lose. Things change when you're a starter, especially when you're in a Williams."

Already in a role as Williams' official test driver, Pizzonia has been rated the most likely to fill the second driving position alongside Webber with the team next season.

The Williams team had hoped to acquire the services of Brit Jenson Button until a legal battle with BAR put paid to that.

Now it seems as though Webber and Pizzonia may renew their acquaintance at close quarters with the Brazilian having plenty to prove after disappointing at Jaguar.

Webber clearly outpaced him, and Pizzonia was sacked midway through the season to be replaced by Briton Justin Wilson, who also failed to match the Australian.

Pizzonia's main competition for the seat is coming from German Nick Heidfeld, while David Coulthard's chances of a berth are looking slim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back