Williamstown vs Port Melbourne (Saturday 5th May North Port Oval at 1:10 PM) (Televised)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'd take him at the dogs, actually I was hoping they were gonna pick him last year as our senior coach, but I'd take him to help Macca :thumbsu:

Port 15-15 105 def Williamstown 3-7 25

Williamstown Goal Kickers: Dickson 3
Best Players: Dickson, Wall, Roberts, Lockwood, Campbell*, Witkowski

Who saw the match? Did anyone at Willi do their chances of promotion any good? Other than maybe Dickson I wouldn't have thouoght so, judging by the result.

Others to play were Tutt, Hooper, Moles, Mulligan Skinner, Talia, Pearce, Panos, Smith, Jong* and Redpath*

Footnote: Willi 2nds beat Port 2nds. Only WB listed player there was Greenwood who was listed among their best.

The whole team were murdered. However, we know Tutt can play, and with a game or two under his belt, could come in. Also think Dickson is a nice kick at goal, made the most of his opportunities and could come in. Don't think Macca will make many changes though. Looking forward to Campbell's promotion when it comes!

Don't know where Panos is at, just doesn't look like he could be an AFL player and whether his best position is back or forward. Strange one with him.

The whole team were murdered. However, we know Tutt can play, and with a game or two under his belt, could come in. Also think Dickson is a nice kick at goal, made the most of his opportunities and could come in. Don't think Macca will make many changes though. Looking forward to Campbell's promotion when it comes!

Don't know where Panos is at, just doesn't look like he could be an AFL player and whether his best position is back or forward. Strange one with him.

Panos is being played horribly out of position. He is a natural forward being played down in defence.

Finally got a go today up forward, but conditions were atrocious and he didn't get much of it as a result.

If Williamstown leave him up forward as they should, he'll come along quickly. They keep doing the same with Tommy Hill as well; it's stunting the development of our young key forwards!

Yeah well said mate, I say, if he gets a bloody game in the dogs side, Hill and/or Panos, they would be played forward, just gotta get them into the side!

James Mulligan

What else can be said honestly :thumbsdown:

An absolute Shocker and today was no exception:eek:

Good learning curve for our boys today, 8 eighteen year olds in Williamstown side, they will benefit from todays experience and Iam looking forward to playing them at Williamstown on a dry track in round 18. Honestly it was boys playing against men today in conditions that suited the men, but believe me the improvement is in the boys. Just forget about today our kids are going just fine.

Can we just get to the Mulligan delisting now so we have an open list spot to elevate, it's embarrassing to have the worst player in the AFL system on our senior list.

After watching tonight's game I retract that statement, I almost forgot Hawks recruited Boumann, god they are desperate for tall defenders to be playing him at full back when he has no strength and no smarts, maybe they will like Mulligan too.

After watching tonight's game I retract that statement, I almost forgot Hawks recruited Boumann, god they are desperate for tall defenders to be playing him at full back when he has no strength and no smarts, maybe they will like Mulligan too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them take him when we delist him tbh. We could even work out a trade for another pick :D

Wouldn't be surprised to see them take him when we delist him tbh. We could even work out a trade for another pick :D

Sure, I'd take pick 150 just for the laughs of seeing them try to win a flag with a defence of Shoenmakers, Boumann and Mulligan.

Agree that on that performance no one has demanded a recall. I thought Pearce looked as though he has something to offer. He and Smith while not being outstanding on the day give indications of better things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who watch williamstown yesterday (I couldn't) how did moles go? Any one got a detail match report?

As far as hawks defence goes... Yes there are holes, but I thought Shoey did ok last night, he plays better from in front and IMO should mark more than soil. So you can keep mulligan

For those who watch williamstown yesterday (I couldn't) how did moles go? Any one got a detail match report?

As far as hawks defence goes... Yes there are holes, but I thought Shoey did ok last night, he plays better from in front and IMO should mark more than soil. So you can keep mulligan

Yep I rate Schoey, does the really hard things like getting the ball in difficult positions but then ****s it up somehow like getting tackled when he is able to find some space or kicks it into the man on the mark.

He has some very good games where it has all clicked, imo he is just a few more away from putting everything together. Would take him at the dogs in a heartbeat and would be more worthy of a position than Tom Williams and Mulligan.

Watched only the first quater so far. Willi were simply second to the ball, tried to be too cute when they did get it. Port just played the conditions much better. Getting in first and getting the frees and they move it forward quickly, don't worry about perfect footy.

They are well coached and they are a very seasoned team.

Same thing happened last year.....same conditions too.

James Mulligan

What else can be said honestly :thumbsdown:

An absolute Shocker and today was no exception:eek:

What do you base this on? As I mentioned earlier there were plenty worse. Internally they were happy with his game. Panos was terrible redpath was terrible moles turned it over countlessly. Talk about having a scape goat.

Player Review:

Clay Smith - In and out of the game, hard at the contest. Disposal was questionable and but could not work into the game. More serviceable than others and tried to spice things up but had little to no support in the midfield. 5/10

Jason Tutt - Still looks slightly underdone, conditions didnt suit and was unable to break the lines. Uncharacteristically turned the ball over a few times. Didnt do enough for a recall. 3/10

Fletcher Roberts - Looked solid down back and took a couple of nice grabs, like many others however was well beaten by Burstin, Galea and Bonaddio when he went forward. Kicks the ball really well punches it low and gets good distance. Just needs to fill out and he will definately be a quality tall. 6/10

Daniel Pearce - got a bit of the footy but disposal was terrible. gave away a few stupid free kicks. Has an aggressive approach which at times pays off. Of the Bulldogs listed players was prbably one of the best. Still needs time. 6/10

Michael Talia - Soundly beaten all day. Very quiet outting. Disappointing as was very close to a call up and given North Melbourne's tall forwards could have been this week. 3/10

Lin Jong - had a shocker. Got to enough contests but looked unsure with the ball in his hand. Did not take the game on when he had the opportunity and disposal was shocking. Looked physically unable to cope with Ports bigger bodies. 3/10

Jack Redpath - Not a great day for forwards given the conditions but did not work hard enough and looked disinterested. Did not push hard enough to make an option. be lucky to hold his spot with Hill coming back in. 2/10

Brodie Moles - First game back and looked rusty. Disposal was terrible tunred the ball over and cost goals early on. Worked his way into the game and will be better off for the run. 4/10

Tom Campbell - Rucked all day and held his own. Wasnt damaging enough around the ground and looked lethargic but battled away and probably one of the only Willi players to win his position. 7/10

James Mulligan - Despit mixed opinions he actually got the better of Galea early. Galea kicked two in the first half whilst opposed to him and one was when Jolly got in the road and the other was a ground ball goal. Went onto Burstin in the second half and nulified his involvement. As german mentioned at three quarter time Mulligan was one of two players who continued to work to structure and actually zoned. 5/10

Zeph Skinner - Conditions did not suit. Didnt have a great day. Did the ruck work in the forward half and has a good spring. Appeared to be trying hard to work into the game but ended up a very quiet day. 4/10

Andrew Hooper - Worked hard in the back half but had little to no support around him and then faded out badly in the second half. Looks okay as a back pocket but is undersized and gets exposed in the air. 5/10

Matthew Panos - A day he would like to forget. Spent a lot of time on the bench and when on could not find his way in to the game. Unsure whether it was a directive from above but I would estimate he only played 50% on the ground. 2/10

Guys, to be fair, the dogs play in the AFL where the grounds are a lot better and aren't usually waterlogged like Norf Port yesterday! Stating this, I don't think we should review anything about yesterdays horror show. Let's move onto next week to be fair. :thumbsu:

I cannot believe how people can get on this site and can 18 year old's playing their sixth game of senior football. We had 8 boys playing against men. Criticising Jong, Smith, Pearce, and Tallia is just rubbish, for one their attack on the ball was outstanding, Jong and Smith's tackling was good, sure they were outclassed by bigger mature body's. If you don't get the message, the same thing happened last year, we got them on a dry track at Werribee later in the year and got beat by 5 points. The up side with these kids is enormous they will learn a lot from Saturday. Their win last week at Werribee was terrific, our listed players at Williamstown are doing a terrific job. Williamstown are a very young side,Port Melb on a bog track, just forget about it and move on.

I cannot believe how people can get on this site and can 18 year old's playing their sixth game of senior football. We had 8 boys playing against men. Criticising Jong, Smith, Pearce, and Tallia is just rubbish, for one their attack on the ball was outstanding, Jong and Smith's tackling was good, sure they were outclassed by bigger mature body's. If you don't get the message, the same thing happened last year, we got them on a dry track at Werribee later in the year and got beat by 5 points. The up side with these kids is enormous they will learn a lot from Saturday. Their win last week at Werribee was terrific, our listed players at Williamstown are doing a terrific job. Williamstown are a very young side,Port Melb on a bog track, just forget about it and move on.

Awesome post. Love the passion!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back