Williamstown vs Port Melbourne (Saturday 5th May North Port Oval at 1:10 PM) (Televised)

touchwood27

Debutant
Apr 7, 2005
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
western bulldogs
You forgot Tory Dickson touchwood, what did you think of his game?

Thought Dickson made the most of limited opportunities. Used the ball pretty well given the conditions. Like many others around him just unable to string together four quarters. 6/10.

ttomred17

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Lakers
Man what a bad game it was to watch on Saturday afternoon.

My 2 cents on a few players..

Pearce - IMO i think Pearce will make a player, he is a really smooth mover and has a sweet kicking action, although he did turn it over a bit. May find a spot in our defence or on a wing when the likes of Murphy and Gilbee are gone.

Smith - Nothing to write home about but he has a red hot crack and i absolutely love his physicality, 18 years old and throws his body at the opposition which is great to see, we need some 'unsociable' footballers. Will be a star, him and Libba going to be our engine for years to come.

Redpath - Needs a fair bit of time but man if he learns how to use his body he could become anything, has an amazing build for the perfect power forward and is super aggressive.

Tutt - Conditions were against him but a couple more games for Willi and bring him straight in

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
I was surprised that someone on here had a crack at Jong for the poor game.

Some neutral supporters standing with us Port supporters on the Half-Forward flank, mentioned how they liked his aggression at the ball. From where I was standing he appeared to lay a few good tackles. Mind you, most of us also commented he looked like Les Gock from the 70s band Hush (I think we all sung Bonie Moronie at some stage)!

One disappointing aspect to the day was the lack of Seagulls/Bulldogs supporters. Even though it was raining, you guys normally show up in good numbers for our clashes (and make a bit of noise, which is good for atmosphere), however it was VERY QUIET whenever Williamstown kicked a goal or did something good.

I was surprised that someone on here had a crack at Jong for the poor game.

Some neutral supporters standing with us Port supporters on the Half-Forward flank, mentioned how they liked his aggression at the ball. From where I was standing he appeared to lay a few good tackles. Mind you, most of us also commented he looked like Les Gock from the 70s band Hush (I think we all sung Bonie Moronie at some stage)!

One disappointing aspect to the day was the lack of Seagulls/Bulldogs supporters. Even though it was raining, you guys normally show up in good numbers for our clashes (and make a bit of noise, which is good for atmosphere), however it was VERY QUIET whenever Williamstown kicked a goal or did something good.
think the 0-34 was the reason why people didn't go, and since it was on TV saves time just to stay home and watch it.

Back