VFL Williamstown vs Richmond, Sunday June 20, 2.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

For me stack and Mansell looked above the level across the half back line, Mansell more so thru defensive actions and stack with his intercept play and creativity. Thought Will Martyn was really good early but did fade out of the game, same with Pickett although he spent a lot of time deep forward in the 2nd half and still impacted when he had to. Dow and RCD were good in patches. Cumberland is in trouble of being delisted I reckon. I get he had the serious injury and we may re rookie him but he just doesn’t have any stand out atttibutes to me. Miller for me
doesn’t look like a natural footballer.
I understand people in the know saying the club are bullish about his future but personally I don’t see it. Hope to be proven wrong.

Castagna is worse. He’s a huge reason why we’re struggling this year. Can’t play a man down every week and expect to win.

Only playing because he’s a pretty good athlete

Certainly not picked on footy ability

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Matt Parker 10 tackles. Enough said.
If he can show that he can kick some goals he permanently replaces George.
What I saw from MRJ put him ahead of Dan for his position as well. He's a lot more Cyril than Daniel. Forward pressure is off the chart.

Dont let stats lie, naish had a terrible game. Turned it over so many times
He went long down the line every time. Rarely ever tries to actually pin point a pass to anyone. Whether that's a direction or he's just not confident hitting targets I don't know. All reports are he's one of the best kicks at the club so it's slightly confusing.

Our 3 best id say;
3 - Naish
2 - Parker
1 - Stack

Collier Dawkins finds the ball as we know but handballs too much and doesn't put enough defensive pressure on when he doesn't have the ball.

Pickett started well but faded as the game went on, ended up with 15 disposals.
Will Martyn and Jack Ross also played well as did Mansell but some of his good work undone by giving away frees for undisciplined acts.

Garthwaite up forward with 3 goals did well.
Disappointing games from Biggy and Miller.

100.png
100A.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 3 best id say;
3 - Naish
2 - Parker
1 - Stack

Collier Dawkins finds the ball as we know but handballs too much and doesn't put enough defensive pressure on when he doesn't have the ball.

Pickett started well but faded as the game went on, ended up with 15 disposals.
Will Martyn and Jack Ross also played well as did Mansell but some of his good work undone by giving away frees for undisciplined acts.

Garthwaite up forward with 3 goals did well.
Disappointing games from Biggy and Miller.

View attachment 1159599
View attachment 1159600
Biggy hurt his knee in the second or third (can't remember) and didn't play any further part.

Missed the game, where did jack ross play? (Saw he was named HB, thinking oerhaps with his lack of pace it might be HB or bust for him. Maybe a Vlas style mid sized HB).

Aldo, how did Stack go? Has had enough time to get match fit now, so hoping he played well and can push for a senior spot.

Biggy hurt his knee in the second or third (can't remember) and didn't play any further part.

I saw him in the 3rd, my comment based more on not impacting the high ball, easily outmanoeuvred in contests and not desperate enough at the contest.
Unless he puts on the size as I believe he needs to be stronger he will find it hard to make it at senior level. Will just get pushed off the ball too easy.

I saw him in the 3rd, my comment based more on not impacting the high ball, easily outmanoeuvred in contests and not desperate enough at the contest.
Unless he puts on the size as I believe he needs to be stronger he will find it hard to make it at senior level. Will just get pushed off the ball too easy.
Yeah I agree that's his biggest issue.

I think Miller is generally pretty good at not letting his opponent mark the ball, just doesn't seem to have that natural intercept ability that good key defenders at AFL level have.

Biggy will put on the weight or should i say Muscle

Without sounding Racist these sudanese boys start off like sticks but can put on size and they are extremely strong
Chol was like 78 kgs and is now 95kgs

Biggy is already 92kgs t 20 years of age and was drafted at 197cm 86kgs
another 2 seasons and he will be 97/98kgs

Aliir Aliir is 96kgs and 194cm ( Aliir was also 85kgs when drafted)

Last edited:
Biggy will put on the weight or should i say Muscle

Without sounding Racist these sudanese boys start off like sticks but can put on size and they are extremely strong
Chol was like 78 kgs and is now 95kgs

Biggy is already 92kgs t 20 years of age and was drafted at 197cm 86kgs
another 2 seasons and he will be 97/98kgs

Aliir Aliir is 96kgs and 194cm

Not racist at all. That race is genetically gifted and such athletes. Amazing really

Missed the game, where did jack ross play? (Saw he was named HB, thinking oerhaps with his lack of pace it might be HB or bust for him. Maybe a Vlas style mid sized HB).

Aldo, how did Stack go? Has had enough time to get match fit now, so hoping he played well and can push for a senior spot.
Ross did play as a HBF but not in a Vlastuin mold more Houli like. Just a cool head and always able to find a target. He didn't provide much run though from what I saw.

Stack also played in the backline. He was more Vlastuin like taking some great intercept marks and strong one on one. Needed to tidy up some decision making but to be fair the entire team struggled to execute basic handballs etc throughout the game.

Prime example stack to probably the mark of the game on the wing, taking a speccy over his man but then bit off too much with a kick in the corridor and the ball quickly turnover into a shot on goal for the oppo. Luckily they missed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back