Williamstown vs South Adelaide (Saturday 11:05am, MCG) (Foxtel Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
It is now time for the Foxtel Cup and I am just as underwhelmed now as I was last year. It was literally created to get some GWS some games against quality opposition and most teams only half-heartedly put effort in. So this preview has about as much effort put into it that I would want to spare towards the Foxtel Cup.

There's the team posted with a good number of Williamstown players named. Not too impressed by the Panthers since they are just middle of the table for the SANFL both this year and last year so they're hardly the best that the South Australians have to offer.

B
Sing Mulligan Stockdale

HB
Lockwood Roberts Pearce

C
McHarg Carr Wall

HF
Wallis Hill Conway

F
AnastasioPanos Dickson

R
Giles Smith McNamara

Int
Moles
Hooper Skinner

Hoghton

Emergencies

Redpath Greenwood Jong

Southies are an interesting club. Were a shambles a couple of years back but have gone a massive culture change.

They were pretty much the Central Districts of the South, minus the dominant footy team. Feral, partyboys, didn't give a ****.

Have turned completely around.

It is now time for the Foxtel Cup and I am just as underwhelmed now as I was last year. It was literally created to get some GWS some games against quality opposition and most teams only half-heartedly put effort in. So this preview has about as much effort put into it that I would want to spare towards the Foxtel Cup.

There's the team posted with a good number of Williamstown players named. Not too impressed by the Panthers since they are just middle of the table for the SANFL both this year and last year so they're hardly the best that the South Australians have to offer.

B
Sing Mulligan Stockdale

HB
Lockwood Roberts Pearce

C
McHarg Carr Wall

HF
Wallis Hill Conway

F
AnastasioPanos Dickson

R
Giles Smith McNamara

Int
Moles
Hooper Skinner

Hoghton

Emergencies

Redpath Greenwood Jong

At least two players will be required for the Dogs on Sunday

Howard was due back this week, any news on if he is playing ressies? Important to get as many AFL games into him as possible this year, one of the few very good users of the footy in our team.

Howard was due back this week, any news on if he is playing ressies? Important to get as many AFL games into him as possible this year, one of the few very good users of the footy in our team.
Williamstown doesn't have a reserves match this weekend either.

Hope Willy win anyway its worth good coin, pity about the support for this comp in Sth Australia, If its wasn't an act of stupidity this could have been named the GOK Cup

Would love to see Hill play a big game this week, I want him to come into the side for a taste very soon!

Also a shame not to see Howard but maybe straight back into the team next week? Agreed we need to get as many games as possible into him, and of course Tutt :)()

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broadcast only on Foxtel. Which is crap if you ask me since radio commentary is better then TV commentary 90% of the time.

Wow, the Foxtel Cup match centre has really screwed up the teams. Apparently Mulligan is at Full Forward, Roberts is on a wing and McHarg at Full Back.

? Clay Smith is listed as emergency for North.
Ah, coulda sworn that he named to start on the interchange.

Still, 6 touches and 4 tackles so he's leading all comers in the dream team stakes with 32.

Giles looks like he's having a hard time in the ruck. He's only picked up one hitout while their lead ruck has had 7 and their second ruck has had 4.

Down by 3 points at half time: The story so far:

Roberts - Getting well beaten by Andrew AINGER.

Mulligan - One turnover but has won the one on one battle thus far with WUNDKE (who won the SANFL goalkicking last year).

Hooper - Playing down back and entrusted with the kick outs. Has had a bit of the ball.

REDPATH - Really happy with his work rate. Pushed up the ground well and creating an option.

PANOS - Started to work into the game. Two goals both of which were gimmes.

HILL - Pushing up as a high forward and working hard. Also being swung into the ruck. Classy piece of play on the wing.

SKINNER - Hasnt done much, did take a nice grab late in the second and set up PANOS.

GREENWOOD - Not heaps of game time thus far but cracks in and getting in and under.

SMITH - Real hard at it and having no trouble finding the footy - disposal has been disappointing.

MOLES - Hasnt done much in the midfield. Needs to work his way into the game.

JONG - Some really clever touches and cracking in well. Heaps better than last week.

Forwards seem to be working really well, and the back line has managed to stem the tide. Midfield needs to lift, Murphy and Liddle (former Coburg player) are well on top.

So it looks like Daniel Pearce and possibly Tom Campbell are emergencies for the seniors right now.

Campbell hasn't been promoted from the rookie list, so I suppose he's just being rested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back