Williamstown - Where Magpies go to Die....

Remove this Banner Ad

L84AD8

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood Magpies
After the efforts of this past weekend and the long awaited 'all clear' for some youngblood to be injected into this team at the cost of some success its clear that Malthouse is finally showing a bit of spine in taking the hard road to hopefully getting some longer term result using the draft (and exsisting kids)as our salvo.

However if I were to speculate on the possible demotions to Willy,and the form seeking injured players,I'd be thinking Willy might be in good shape over the next few weeks.

Woewodin / Lockyer / Williams /Lonie /Lokan/ J Cloke/Richards/Frazer/Obree/
Davidson.Potentially with the exception of Richards/Frazer/Lonie the rest may be playing for their careers...Hell Bucks might get a run for a week if he stays out long enough.

If the 'youth' policy is genuine, given that our supposed leaders and money men like Lockyer - Wowoedin have had dismal years that seemingly appear to be going nowhere. Woweodin big contract is ending at the end of the year as is Obree and Williams. Locks might have another but seriously he has been a massive dissapointment since returning from his knee.

Go Willy

Your heading is misleading.
I thought you were implying some players like McGough, Scotland were stuck at Willy and left to die and thought the likes of Swan and Lonie were heading that way.
Swan is underated by Collingwood fans (most of them hate him for his security guard incedent) but he is a good flexible composed player, might not be top class in any one area but he is a good solid player. As bad as we are he would get a game a alot of other clubs, but our backline is pretty solid. I'd put him in the backline and push Cole up to wing or half forward flank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back