News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Full disclosure: big fan of the sport, and an even bigger fan of the Aussie people and their culture.

But this has reached full on clown show territory at this point. I don’t understand how a league can operate like this.
1613773860192.png

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
The club was supposed to be told of the decision a couple weeks ago. I think the AFL are worried with the pies racism report coming out recently that announcing a career-ending penalty to a black player might cause them a decent amount of blowback.

If the AFL are sitting on anything & keeping it from Willie they deserve a bollocking.

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
So the AFL need to make a decision?

Throw 10 men into a room for a week. And that's being generous.

Come on, pull my left leg, it plays jingle bells.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Australian sport’s anti-doping agency is distancing itself from the delay in a verdict in the drugs case of AFL player Willie Rioli.

Sport Integrity Australia, formerly known as ASADA, says it has no powers to announce the outcome of Rioli’s case or sanction the West Coast player.

Rioli has been provisionally suspended by the AFL for the past 17 months.

The 25-year-old is facing a ban of up to four years for alleged urine substitution during a routine anti-doping test performed by ASADA in 2019.

Rioli faced the AFL’s Anti-Doping Tribunal in December last year but is still awaiting a verdict.

garlic munchers

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Downbeat Optimist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals
I fully appreciate it won't be accounted for, but the penalty should be reduced to take into account the angst this undue delay in administering justice will have caused Willie and his family.

Aspects like this are factored into criminal court sentencing all the time.

If natural justice is a factor then 2 years should be the decision given a short, sharp sentencing process would at least have allowed the murderer, rapist, granny basher, freo supporter, pedophile, Gatorade conspiracist to move on.

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
Find it interesting that in Willies latest Insta story, he’s working out in an actual gym facility, rather then the derelict home made one or running up and down grand stands. Maybe he knows his verdict? Let’s hope it’s a positive outcome and we get him back for season 2021
Or it could be an old video

I'd have thought the club would have gotten him off Twitter, Instagram or whatever stupid platform he's constantly spouting things on by now.

"I'm coming for yous..."

"This will only make me stronger.."

"I didn't do those things they said I did.."

"I'm not perfect, everyone makes mistakes.."

"Maynard was blocked.."

"Back bigger and better, this is only a hurdle.."

Is the running commentary really necessary? Surely if it's going to do anything, it'd be putting his foot in it or making things worse.

He can update his family and friends privately, but this constant platform he's been given to spout whatever he wants to his "fans", aka the random general public and journalists to twist into a nothing story, is a bad idea. .

Would've giving Benny and Kerr access to a Twitter/Insta account for commentary during all their issues at the club over the years been a good idea?

I'd have thought the club would have gotten him off Twitter, Instagram or whatever stupid platform he's constantly spouting things on by now.

"I'm coming for yous..."

"This will only make me stronger.."

"I didn't do those things they said I did.."

"I'm not perfect, everyone makes mistakes.."

"Maynard was blocked.."

"Back bigger and better, this is only a hurdle.."

Is the running commentary really necessary? Surely if it's going to do anything, it'd be putting his foot in it or making things worse.

He can update his family and friends privately, but this constant platform he's been given to spout whatever he wants to his "fans", aka the random general public and journalists to twist into a nothing story, is a bad idea. .

Would've giving Benny and Kerr access to a Twitter/Insta account for commentary during all their issues at the club over the years been a good idea?

Maybe it's a coping mechanism for him.

Should have no bearing on any outcome if the organisation has a shred of professionalism about it.

mick06

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United; San D uh LA Chargers
Find it interesting that in Willies latest Insta story, he’s working out in an actual gym facility, rather then the derelict home made one or running up and down grand stands. Maybe he knows his verdict? Let’s hope it’s a positive outcome and we get him back for season 2021
Man he is looking pretty fit in it too. If it is recent then he has actually really looked after himself
What a goddamn waste!! He was about to explode

Back