News Willie Rioli - 2 yr ban. Returns 20/8/21 (166 days)

How long for Willie and when will he know?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lazzas

Rookie
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone subscribe to this?

eagles/former-asada-boss-richard-ings-says-willie-rioli-and-team-can-break-their-silence-on-alleged-doping-violation-ng-b881801122z

Monocle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Western Suburbs : Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont NE Patriots Eagles AFLW

Broken_Chairs

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Didn't need Ings input there - the SIA statement said exactly this.

Regardless of whether he can break the silence, it doesn't mean he should. Learn from essendon's fu**up - get the outcome sorted then run your mouth off about the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ishmael_

EQuiv
Apr 30, 2013
Stockholm
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
'Willie Rioli case needs to be resolved quicker, says frustrated AFL boss Gillon McLachlan' in October of last year.

If only Gil had some sort of pull at the AFL.

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't care if nobody agrees with me, but I think he needs to have final penalty reduced for this absolute BS.
He should've known his fate before 2020 preseason.
I think somewhere in the vicinity of 6 month reduction.
For what it's worth, I agree.
I'm tipping a 2 year ban reduced to 18 months with a 6 month good behaviour "bond".

Miguel Sanchez

Say hello!
Aug 10, 2006
Shandong Gold Stadium
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royal Pines Eagles
For what it's worth, I agree.
I'm tipping a 2 year ban reduced to 18 months with a 6 month good behaviour "bond".
As has been pointed out a few times over the course of this, there’s no capacity in the anti-drug rules for a “good behaviour bond” to be part of a penalty.

Because a second offence is basically a life ban, there’s not much point giving someone a life ban plus the six months left over from their first offence.

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
As has been pointed out a few times over the course of this, there’s no capacity in the anti-drug rules for a “good behaviour bond” to be part of a penalty.

Because a second offence is basically a life ban, there’s not much point giving someone a life ban plus the six months left over from their first offence.
Okay then, 24 months with 6 months deducted for ******* him around.

Keys

Looking for a cloud to yell at
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Bengals

You say that but let’s not forget it’s the AFL that are handing down the penalty after all.

Pointless is in their DNA

Remove this Banner Ad