News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

So what’s you lots opinion on Rioli?
He's an incredibly talented footballer, I'm happy he's on our list and I'm ******* stoked he'll be playing for us again either this season or next. Our team has really missed his unique skill set and I've missed watching him do things that few players can.

The number of free kicks received by Mark Lecras over his career

The number of free kicks received by Mark Lecras over his career
how many goals did Lecca kick from frees?

Of course. However it legitimately sounds like he will be selecting him barring injury and fitness.

If he's available (i.e. fitness and mental health are up to scratch for him to perform at an elite level) then he's an automatic selection based on his form from early 2018 through to the end of 2019.

Obviously his match fitness might not be there, and he will have no exposed form (other than training), but it isn't really a surprise that the club and hierarchy are viewing him as an automatic selection once available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be fit no doubt but match fitness is something he cant really gain before Rd23.
Willie is an impact player, like his cousin Cyril, he only needs to play 1 good quarter to blow a game wide open. I would have him straight in and I suspect the MC will be of the same opinion.

We only have another 162 days to theorise...

West Coast future Hall of Famer Scotty Lycett had 162 Clangers in his Eagles career (2.16 per game average)...

GFWCCo18MD2001.JPG

So what’s you lots opinion on Rioli?
My primary opinion is that the lack of transparency in these type of proceedings is terribly frustrating and only leads to speculation and arguments amonst the footballing public. Even, as we have seen, after a decision has been handed down.

It's borderline impossible to have a reasonable discussion without knowing the details of what SIA alleged, how Rioli responded and what the AFL found.

I can only assume these details are made available (on a confidential basis) to athletes charged with similar offences, becuase otherwise how else could they defend themselves by referring to precedent?

Adam Simpson has coached us in 160 games for 104 wins, 1 draw and 55 losses - a winning percentage of 65.31% which is 2nd only to Chris Scott (69.07%) among current coaches

He holds a winning record against all teams except Geelong (50.00%), Hawthorn (45.45%), Richmond (42.86%) and Sydney (37.50%)

He has coached against Collingwood and Fremantle 13 times each but only 7 times against both Richmond and Carlton

He has only lost 3 games by more than 10 goals -
Geelong R4 2014 by 75
GWS Semi-final 2017 by 67
Essendon R9 2017 by 61

Remove this Banner Ad

Back