News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

There isn't a single person on our list with that level of natural talent. He's a true small forward, a proper crumber who compliments Ryan's strengths as well.

I hope he is already quite fit, so the next few months are just the cream on top of a good base of fitness.

I feel like Jones might be the one to make way if it ever comes to that, as they're similar type players, but Rioli finds it a bit easier and is more creative. However, I wouldn't be against seeing Langdon make way.

Eventually the 7 forwards could be: JK, Darling, Allen, Ryan, Rioli, Cripps, Jones/Petch.
Depth of: Waterman, Langdon, Jones/Petch, Williams, Brander (one day perhaps).

Maybe not this year, but it isn't far off. There will always be injuries to deal with as well as a possible JK retirement. Allow Cripps to become almost purely defensive, and a link through the midfield on the sling shot that kicks inside 50 to the others. Any goals are a bonus.

There isn't a single person on our list with that level of natural talent. He's a true small forward, a proper crumber who compliments Ryan's strengths as well.

I hope he is already quite fit, so the next few months are just the cream on top of a good base of fitness.

I feel like Jones might be the one to make way if it ever comes to that, as they're similar type players, but Rioli finds it a bit easier and is more creative. However, I wouldn't be against seeing Langdon make way.

Eventually the 7 forwards could be: JK, Darling, Allen, Ryan, Rioli, Cripps, Jones/Petch.

Maybe not this year, but it isn't far off. There will always be injuries to deal with as well as a possible JK retirement. Allow Cripps to become almost purely defensive, and a link through the midfield on the sling shot that kicks inside 50 to the others. Any goals are a bonus.

Would rather Landgon or Petch make way for Rioli. It'd be interesting to see how Ryan,Rioli and Jones go together/

Would rather Landgon or Petch make way for Rioli. It'd be interesting to see how Ryan,Rioli and Jones go together/

We had Rioli, Ryan and Cameron in the same side a couple of years ago and it was magic.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit of gray area between training 'with the club' and independently catching up with a mate from the club to do a bit a of training

Not really. He isn't allowed to attend the club, use the facilities or the professional staff/resources.

He is allowed to catch up with whoever he wants (and if that is a training run at another oval etc that is all OK).

It's a bit ridiculous TBH, but it is what it is for another 3 days.

Not really. He isn't allowed to attend the club, use the facilities or the professional staff/resources.

He is allowed to catch up with whoever he wants (and if that is a training run at another oval etc that is all OK).

It's a bit ridiculous TBH, but it is what it is for another 3 days.
Haha yeah. What I was trying to say was that there definitely could be a massive gray area if you were going to push in that direction. Given that a club and its resources are not a neatly defined entity.

Imagine half the squad catching up for him somewhere else, doing the sort of drills that they would normally do, using the fitness & conditioning knowledge they already happen to have, oh now Simmo's popping around with a coffee just to have a laugh with the boys... you'd think this would be pushing the limits of 'catching up and training together' towards 'using club resources'.

I like the small forward/winger roll for Jamie, he was better then will statisticallly both 2018, and 19. Going on his projection it will be his best year of his career so far. #overlooked #underrated

I like the small forward/winger roll for Jamie, he was better then will statisticallly both 2018, and 19. Going on his projection it will be his best year of his career so far. #overlooked #underrated
Jones loves kicking a goal but Willie is tougher and more versatile;better mark AND loves kicking a goal

Jones loves kicking a goal but Willie is tougher and more versatile;better mark AND loves kicking a goal
Rioli like Ryan has the magic x-factor. Can't teach players that stuff. It's just natural wiley guile!
Petch+Jones can be good on their day, Petch with his speedy gonzales thing and Jones is a solid contributor with upside, both better kicks than Langdon.
I daresay Cameron back with a solid run of games into him would be next cab off the rank after Ryan+Rioli...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rioli like Ryan has the magic x-factor. Can't teach players that stuff. It's just natural wiley guile!
Petch+Jones can be good on their day, Petch with his speedy gonzales thing and Jones is a solid contributor with upside, both better kicks than Langdon.
I daresay Cameron back with a solid run of games into him would be next cab off the rank after Ryan+Rioli...?
I think Langdon's kicking is better than Petruccelle's in every aspect besides 'distance covered'.

Petch's goal-kicking has been very good this year though.
He is also a beneficiary of his own speed and the space that allows him, or taking some shots very close to goal (albeit some good goals under pressure).

But in any offensive chain, a possession by him in which he goes behind the mark is essentially a dead ball. I think Langdon can hit that pass better in transition, he's a better drop punt outside of his limited distance.

Petruccelle can and hopefully will continue to improve. He has something that not many others have league wide, but doesn't get the chance to use it much.

He is also a beneficiary of his own speed and the space that allows him, or taking some shots very close to goal (albeit some good goals under pressure).

But in any offensive chain, a possession by him in which he goes behind the mark is essentially a dead ball. I think Langdon can hit that pass better in transition, he's a better drop punt outside of his limited distance.

Petruccelle can and hopefully will continue to improve. He has something that not many others have league wide, but doesn't get the chance to use it much.
The thing that's had the biggest impact on Petch's improvement this year is his big increase in core strength allowing him to go get his own ball. He's become much more contested this year and is showing signs of actually being competent at it.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I think langdon can be a solid player. He can built as a gut runner tackler who wants to run and work.

If collect 14 possession a game and like 5 tackles then I can see him as a really good player.

Unlike petch and Jones at his peak he doesn't fade

I think langdon can be a solid player. He can built as a gut runner tackler who wants to run and work.

If collect 14 possession a game and like 5 tackles then I can see him as a really good player.

The ball trajectory certainly fades when he kicks for goal from more than 30 out

I award this post 3 jubilant langos.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back