Rumour Willie Rioli allegedly caught tampering with a drug testing sample

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine not understanding the point but commenting.
I do. Your point is wrong. Plenty of other people spending time in gaol in WA for breaching quarantine. $50k fines too.

Not like he was made an example of. Second breach for him too, which means he couldn't give 2 shits about anyone else.

I do. Your point is wrong. Plenty of other people spending time in gaol in WA for breaching quarantine. $50k fines too.

Not like he was made an example of. Second breach for him too, which means he couldn't give 2 shits about anyone else.

It's ok BZ, you straight away miss the point given they both didn't occur in WA for starters. And again, not condoning what he did, but, just pointing out the stupidity of your legal system in WA.

It's ok BZ, you straight away miss the point given they both didn't occur in WA for starters. And again, not condoning what he did, but, just pointing out the stupidity of your legal system in WA.
I'm not in WA and yes I agree that the punishment is disproportionate. However, the punishment wasn't unknown yet he still chose to blatantly disregard the law. That's just incredibly dumb.

Dumb like Willie trying to smuggle weed through an airport. The difference being that an excessive punishment for Willie's crime would come with significant backlash but punishment for breaching COVID quarantine would get full support of the public.

Those heavy-handed tactics by McGowan won him the election by an absolute landslide after all.

I am no dramas at all about Friday night. Cats played great footy. It happens. All i am trying to do is point out how ridiculous it was for Stacks incarceration and how long it went for versus a guy who gets done with an illegal substance and walks.
And if people want to compare even a yearly number on covid deaths v drug related deaths and violence, wow, i wonder which number has more relevance to society and is the bigger number. Because of some sh*t people in a lab at Wuhan, we now have to live with this thing for the rest of our lives. The genie is out of the bottle and it will never be eradicated.
It's pretty simple. One act has the potential to harm thousands of others, while the other has the potential to harm himself (and maybe one or two others). Yes stack's sentence may have been over the top, but in terms of severity his act was way more serious than Willie's.

Then why wasn't he charged with trafficking? I don't think you have the law correct.
I don't know what the laws are for Tiwi Islands but I do know that in some jurisdictions if you are caught with banned substances at the airport before you leave it is possession whereas if you're caught at the airport after you arrive it's trafficking. Stupid in practice but know someone it happened to.

So, just to confirm, Sydney Stack actually spends time in jail for a covid breach. Willie gets done for drugs at an airport and walks. Seems fair and consistent.

View attachment 1125933
The story isn't Willie getting off

The story is that the incarceration rate of indigenous people in WA (where Stack was gaoled) is an utter disgrace.

Source:

Screenshot_2021-05-15-01-54-39-00.jpg

Last edited:
I am no dramas at all about Friday night. Cats played great footy. It happens. All i am trying to do is point out how ridiculous it was for Stacks incarceration and how long it went for versus a guy who gets done with an illegal substance and walks.
And if people want to compare even a yearly number on covid deaths v drug related deaths and violence, wow, i wonder which number has more relevance to society and is the bigger number. Because of some sh*t people in a lab at Wuhan, we now have to live with this thing for the rest of our lives. The genie is out of the bottle and it will never be eradicated.
100% believe Stack never should have been gaoled.

But ridiculous to then imply Willie should have been.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Stack was absolutely shafted. Full stop.

I don't know what the laws are for Tiwi Islands but I do know that in some jurisdictions if you are caught with banned substances at the airport before you leave it is possession whereas if you're caught at the airport after you arrive it's trafficking. Stupid in practice but know someone it happened to.
Trafficking is based on quantity.
Willie fell under quantity.
End of story.

100% believe Stack never should have been gaoled.

But ridiculous to then imply Willie should have been.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Stack was absolutely shafted. Full stop.

my point is that what happened to Stack (the harshness of the penalty) was utter stupidity. But, what Stack did was utter stupidity as well. But, did the punishment fit the crime? Not in my eyes.

This whole post feels like an excuse to get on your conspiracy soapbox.

This whole post feels like an excuse to get on your conspiracy soapbox.

Nope. Just calling it as it is. No conspiracy at all. Been massive developments in the Corona origins the last 3 days. Or do you really believe it came from a wet market?

Nope. Just calling it as it is. No conspiracy at all. Been massive developments in the Corona origins the last 3 days. Or do you really believe it came from a wet market?
It would be the same origin of every infectious disease in human history.

It would be the same origin of every infectious disease in human history.

So not a conspiracy theory then given the testing they were doing with infectious diseases on bats in a lab in Wuhan then. So your original point was......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like this story is dead. Well done to the media not throwing the kid to the wolves.

Simpson has been very vocal and honest, which he didn't have to do.

I don't think he'll ever play AFL again, but I think Eagles have handled this very well. It could have easily ended up another Harley Bennel/ Jesse Hogan type hounding. Glad it didn't come to that.

“How do you indoctrinate a player back into the system is something that we spoke to him about with Willie and with the players."

Trafficking is based on quantity.
Willie fell under quan
End of story.
Nope. The story is:
Willie Rioli tampered with a drug test
Willie Rioli returned a positive drug test
Willie Riloli was stopped at an airport in NT with drugs on his person
Willie Riolie found guilty in court for a drug offence and given 12-month behaviour bond.

This is all about Willie Rioli and no one else.

p.s. He was in NT court not WA.

Last edited:
Looks like this story is dead. Well done to the media not throwing the kid to the wolves.

Simpson has been very vocal and honest, which he didn't have to do.

I don't think he'll ever play AFL again, but I think Eagles have handled this very well. It could have easily ended up another Harley Bennel/ Jesse Hogan type hounding. Glad it didn't come to that.

“How do you indoctrinate a player back into the system is something that we spoke to him about with Willie and with the players."
If West Coast do chop him, which I think is doubtful, he would get picked up in a nanosecond by another club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back