Other Teams
Melbourne
Cool

I was guilty of speeding a while ago

No conviction

Keep trying 👍
Essendon Football Club
Outcome

Between December 2011 and February 2013 the Essendon Football Club conducted a supplements program that was not properly controlled. The risk of the program was that the Essendon players may have been given substances that could be harmful to their health or that the substances may have been given in a manner that was harmful to their health. It was reasonably practicable for the club to have provided a system of work that ensured an appropriate procedure was used in the administration of the supplements. Between 15 January 2012 and September 2012 the club did provide such a system however failed to maintain the use of the system. The risk therefore continued as described above. The club pleaded guilty to both charges and was convicted and fined $50 000 on the first and convicted and fined $150 000 on the second. The court considered general deterrence and public denunciation as important to the consideration of the penalty. (Before his Honour Magistrate Reardon in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court.)

Court
Magistrates’ Court
Legislation
Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004
Section
21(1),(2)(a)
Outcome
28 Jan 2016
Fine
$200,000.00
Costs
$20,000.00
Published

aza80

Team Captain
Mar 28, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
avfc, chicago bears
Here is what I think happened.

Willie gets on the gear / nose beers / smokes a joint sometime before being tested. Asada rock up and want a sample. Willie shits himself and stupidly provides a contaminated sample rather than just copping it and testing positive for an illicit substance.

Now is faced with a four year ban.

ThirtyFive

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club (SANFL)
So ASADA tampered with it? Or the AFL testers?

Not possible to tamper with it after it's sealed. The bottles couldn't be opened. They're on a ratchet closure that can only be opened in the OIC Accredited Analytical Laboratory in Sydney. The bottles don't go to ASADA. I can't see how it's been tampered with. The chaperone literally stands in front of the athlete when the sample is being passed. Maybe the initial sample was partial. Surely he hasn't tried to substitute water? They take a PH reading anyway. If it was water would've been made to stay and pass it again. Quite bizarre.

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Not possible to tamper with it after it's sealed. The bottles couldn't be opened. They're on a ratchet closure that can only be opened in the OIC Accredited Analytical Laboratory in Sydney. The bottles don't go to ASADA. I can't see how it's been tampered with. The chaperone literally stands in front of the athlete when the sample is being passed. Maybe the initial sample was partial. Quite bizarre.

A US college grid iron player was caught using a fake dick and bladder system a while back.

Doubt it's tampering.

GuzzLG

Brownlow Medallist
May 30, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Here you go. From Worksafe Victoria themselves.

Media links, your club, Worksafe, do you require any further evidence your honour?

Yes please. Slightly getting better but I’m not convinced by some summary the work experience kid put up on the website.

An order from the Magistrate shouldn’t be too much to ask.

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yes please. Slightly getting better but I’m not convinced by some summary the work experience kid put up on the website.

An order from the Magistrate shouldn’t be too much to ask.

Just checked your post history. Certified troll. Won't spend a further second on you. Bye bye.

Back