Rumour Willie Rioli allegedly caught tampering with a drug testing sample

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
if ******* Bruce turns up again then hoo boy

Speaking of ghosts of the past like we were, FMD i see Chip Le Grande has turned up on The Age.

I'm not surprised he's not agendaring for Rupert anymore after his 2 massive fails trying to get News' man, the pommy cop, in the top job at Vic Pol and then the fail at getting EFC off from ASADA/WADA. Rupe and Robert Thompson don't like failures much.

But geez, i didn't expect to see him pop up at Fairfax/Nine. Cockroaches never die i guess.

PS: Chip went str8 back to ol mate Ings as a source too lol.

Chip Le Grand
Chip Le Grand is The Age’s chief reporter. He writes about crime, sport and national affairs, with a particular focus on Melbourne.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
VFL desperate for an all VIC GF after the endless squealing since last September

classic timing just one big coincidence

DaisyVFR

Draftee
Aug 27, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
From the Hun website:

The haze is beginning to clear .....

==

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
For those thinking he will not get 4 years, Ing’s said

It is very rare for a tampering case to get anything less than four years. You have got to be really sneaky, you have got to have a urine sample with you or some paraphernalia to swap it. It is almost aggravated behaviour when it happens."

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
For those thinking he will not get 4 years, Ing’s said

It is very rare for a tampering case to get anything less than four years. You have got to be really sneaky, you have got to have a urine sample with you or some paraphernalia to swap it. It is almost aggravated behaviour when it happens."

Well it's pretty fair to assume that if you're tampering with the sample that you're covering something up. And because it's been tampered with no-one knows what you're covering up, so it's also fair to assume that it's serious.

4 years would be the default you'd think unless Rioli could prove some sort of exceptional circumstances.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
With West Coast's rampant drug culture that has persisted for decades I wonder if some extra drug tests should be scheduled before tomorrow's game. They've already played one drug cheat this finals series.

As an impartial footy fan I would hate for the finals series to be tarnished with more drug cheats playing finals.

With West Coast's rampant drug culture that has persisted for decades I wonder if some extra drug tests should be scheduled before tomorrow's game. They've already played one drug cheat this finals series.

As an impartial footy fan I would hate for the finals series to be tarnished with more drug cheats playing finals.
It brings into question the validity of last years flag.

PerthHawk2

Draftee
Oct 3, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If, as Jordan Lewis just explained it on #afl360 tonight, the sample is done, facing the ASADA employee, pants down to the knees, shirt up to the chest, essentially exposing the entire middle portion of your body, facing front on, and they watch you pee into that jar, then take the jar, look at it for colour and temperature, then seal it and box it for testing, how the hell has his sample come back as anything other than urine?! What the hell is it? Apple juice?! Did the ASADA employee mix up his juice box with Willie's pee sample?! Montagna on AFL Selection Night (Fox Footy) has also explained the same strict screening process, saying that it is virtually impossible to not give a genuine sample, let alone, something other than urine. It makes ZERO sense! The process that has taken place has GOT to be looked at, because if this past player description of how the screening process is done, is correct, ASADA must ask their own employee HOW it is that a player can face them, front on, essentially naked, and pee into a jar, while that ASADA employee watches, and that sample comes back as "non-urine."
It was picked up straight away by the ASADA tester not later on is what I've read

Jun 26, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Hard to know what's happened from here. Either someone from ASADA stuffed something up royally, or Willie has done something ridiculous.
I dont think ASADA make too many mistakes that get this far. Surely if there is any doubt it would be looked at before the club and player hear about it. It has been 23 days since this incident. That's plenty of time to throw something out at their end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maka

All Australian
Jan 15, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
if the protocol is correct it would mean willie has taken a bottle of a popular drink and literally poured it into the container with the bloke watching only for him to go you can't do that willie, seal it and then get him that way. going "gotcha". no player would be that ******* dumb and the whole thing wouldn't make sense. they'd just ask him to do the test properly and stop being a dickhead.

doesn't add up.

unless you are suggesting he's had others help distract the tester then got caught after the sample was handed over. or he tampered with it after that.

the way the AFL worded it is that the sample was sent of for testing and came back as not urine!

Looks like it may be that cut and dry

BobDay

Senior List
Feb 2, 2010
City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rioli will do a deal
Will say he had recreational drugs and panicked when testers arrived .... 1 yr off with 1 yr suspended.

sounda

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
We'll see.

The Eagles culture continues long into the night

Idiot.

The investigation is into tampering - there is no finding or suggestion whatsoever into drug use. Get your facts in order before sniping with that childish stuff.

A flog from Geelong whose reading ability is severely limited.

VFL desperate for an all VIC GF after the endless squealing since last September

classic timing just one big coincidence
Yes it is Victoria's fault your team have been using drugs again. Just like it was in 2006* and 1992*

Idiot.

The investigation is into tampering - there is no finding or suggestion whatsoever into drug use. Get your facts in order before sniping with that childish stuff.

Hmm, I wonder why would a team tamper with a drug urinalysis?

sounda

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast

Another Cockburn * sniping away with petulant nonsense

Freo the most useless ineffective club in the AFL - even Gold Coast attract more respect from the footy world. And what was Michael Johnson caught with ... just remind yourself about that!

"As an impartial footy fan"

Absolute Tardo!

Idiot.

Oh dear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back