Rumour Willie Rioli allegedly caught tampering with a drug testing sample

Remove this Banner Ad

Not gonna defend him but I will say this since people are so quick to forget, During the Essendon drug investigation Essendon went on to play for premiership points, they were known "cheaters" not one coach or player complained about playing against them.

Not surprised at all, drugs are in sports and going off that a few years ago most likely rife.

Willie smokes cones all the time. You can pass that off on medicinal and depression pretty easily these days.

Had a "rare" line of coke - then tested match day. Panicked as has been reported and you know the rest.

Judging by the abundance of spelling and grammatical errors in his apology post, I’m not surprised that he’s been this stupid. Clearly not one of life’s great thinkers nor one that has paid much attention to education.
English is not his first language and the message was written to a select group under a lot of stress. Whatever happened about a month ago, I don't think it's worthy to bag him for his grammar when written on the Facebook platform.

Judging by the abundance of spelling and grammatical errors in his apology post, I’m not surprised that he’s been this stupid. Clearly not one of life’s great thinkers nor one that has paid much attention to education.

Terrible grammar. You used a complex sentence with a subordinating conjunction when a simple sentence structure would suffice.

Where did you receive your education?

Terrible grammar. You used a complex sentence with a subordinating conjunction when a simple sentence structure would suffice.

Where did you receive your education?

Good one. Wherever I went was good enough for me to learn not to torpedo my career. With how much the drug and testing protocols are drummed into them it’s hard to fathom this level of stupidity. Hope he managed to save some cash from his short career, digging ditches doesn’t pay too well from what I gather.

Good one. Wherever I went was good enough for me to learn not to torpedo my career. With how much the drug and testing protocols are drummed into them it’s hard to fathom this level of stupidity. Hope he managed to save some cash from his short career, digging ditches doesn’t pay too well from what I gather.

Wherever you went clearly didn't teach you good manners or mutual respect.

He made a mistake. People make mistakes. He's human. Regardless I personally think he deserves the full 4 years.

Notice in my sentences above I conveyed my opinion without calling an individual stupid or a moron based on a single social media post?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet u red threw this fiddy times n googled spelling of words to make shore u were correct

sorry we can't all be grammar nerds

Can we at least all follow simple instructions that have been given to us over and over again. The kind of instructions that are critical to your career and future income. Even basic instructions like ‘piss in the cup, don’t put Gatorade in it’.

Hopefully cops the full 4 years.

Can we at least all follow simple instructions that have been given to us over and over again. The kind of instructions that are critical to your career and future income. Even basic instructions like ‘piss in the cup, don’t put Gatorade in it’.

Hopefully cops the full 4 years.
you're not funny bro

With ASADA not testing for recreational drugs on non match day tests and this test not occurring on match day the only incentive Rioli has to do this is to prevent the detection of PED's.
I think the underlying thought is that he didn't realise this (not testing for recreational drugs), panicked and made a very bad decision. I think this is why there seems to be so much sympathy for him, compared to other recent situations.

I think the underlying thought is that he didn't realise this (not testing for recreational drugs), panicked and made a very bad decision. I think this is why there seems to be so much sympathy for him, compared to other recent situations.

Exactly.

He likely made a terrible mistake. Will cop his whack.

It's not like he set out to implement a systemic injection regime like "certain" others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back