Rumour Willie Rioli allegedly caught tampering with a drug testing sample

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon, these players were teenagers/young men who were told to do something by their employer so they did it. The club put them in an awful position. Yes it's correct and fair that they be suspended but all of the moral blame lies with the club.
Lol. If your boss told you to inject some heroin, would you do it because your employer told you to?

So that's what he and his family/friends say. Doubt ASADA simply believes that. He's not getting 18 months because he says he just smokes cones.

He panicked and did something stupid because of the fear he would be caught with weed in system, pretty simple

You contraDICKded yourself there, You say he was on the juice and then you say before we know what's really gone on? Try not to get to much more of that utensil'burn...

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hey don't shoot the messenger. I was only going off of what the champion ex player said, one that is not dead or cooked from drug abuse.
He must have assumed Willie was guilty, when he started fingering others.

Hey don't shoot the messenger. I was only going off of what the champion ex player said, one that is not dead or cooked from drug abuse.
I laughed at your post thinking it was an attempt at humour then I noticed your a Fremantle .Lets hope Sumich gets the coaching job hey.Need more dinosaurs at Fremantle to stop membership going backwards and breath life into the club.
Bag of tomatoes bunch of juicy grapes

C'mon, these players were teenagers/young men who were told to do something by their employer so they did it. The club put them in an awful position. Yes it's correct and fair that they be suspended but all of the moral blame lies with the club.
I agree with this to a certain extent. Imagine you're a 18 yr old on that list, first year of professional football. You're surrounded by giants of the game you've forever looked up to - Hird, Bomber etc, you look around Jobe Watson etc, seemingly ok with it all. You'd be forgiven for thinking this might be ok.

Naive? no doubt, but the club let these guys down monumentally. Some of the leaders of that playing group seemingly should have stood taller also.
Hard to know without all the facts I guess.

That is for Gillon to bring in Wylie and brinksmanship Morrison. What do they have to hurt Canberra?

I see AFLW as being a major weapon to use with the money men in Canberra
The elephant in the room re money is the not for profit status of the AFL and the clubs. If they were taxed as businesses (which they should be) gill and co would be squealing like stuck pigs.

The elephant in the room re money is the not for profit status of the AFL and the clubs. If they were taxed as businesses (which they should be) gill and co would be squealing like stuck pigs.

I know that is my Deliverance Ned Beattie clip innit, now trying to remember the other actors names, the one with the toupee hairierthanTomSellekchest... he was in some American network tv series... Rockies, mountain man... the famous guy. Ned wasn't the famous guy in Deliverance.

Burt Reynolds? not also actor that dated kristavendy aftergeelongrichmondplayer?

Last edited:
I agree with this to a certain extent. Imagine you're a 18 yr old on that list, first year of professional football. You're surrounded by giants of the game you've forever looked up to - Hird, Bomber etc, you look around Jobe Watson etc, seemingly ok with it all. You'd be forgiven for thinking this might be ok.

Naive? no doubt, but the club let these guys down monumentally. Some of the leaders of that playing group seemingly should have stood taller also.
Hard to know without all the facts I guess.
For a closer lens on motive think you can youtube the lecture of Don Scott Libbie Gorr Simon Madden Luke Ball where DS talks of 70s Hawks k*n*o*w*i*n*g

It's part and parcel of being a pro athlete. If someone walks away from the game, most on this forum of BigFooty cry from rafters and howl at wasted opportunity "if had had the talent to be an AFL player..." due respect but they have no f'n idea* about what it entails and the work ethic, commitment, pressure, preparation plus other elements.

*i don't have full information neither

IF there is a blood test clearing him of having any drugs in his system, then surely he is cleared and outside of a fine and a proper education when it comes to testing that is all?

It doesn't even sound like he's deliberately tampered with it. Sounds like he legitimately couldn't take a piss and had a moment of panic, nothing sinister or anything like that which is what the long-term suspensions are put in place to prevent..

Can't help but feel sorry for him.

IF there is a blood test clearing him of having any drugs in his system, then surely he is cleared and outside of a fine and a proper education when it comes to testing that is all?

It doesn't even sound like he's deliberately tampered with it. Sounds like he legitimately couldn't take a piss and had a moment of panic, nothing sinister or anything like that which is what the long-term suspensions are put in place to prevent..

Dead wrong.

Tampering with a doping test is every bit as serious, if not more serious than a positive test.

If the charge is sustained it will be a 4 year ban.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IQ tests innit

I wouldn't put anything past the AFL as to what they would do to protect the AFL brand
I like SunshineTiger 's theory but flaw mebbe ASADA n RichardIngs get results then match sample code number to a name and affal and Gillan outa their hands... but like u cats, no jiggerypokery at affal' den would surprise me neither innit /grammar

Last edited:
I like SunshineTiger 's theory but flaw mebbe ASADA n RichardIngs get results then match sample code number to a name and affal and Gillan outa their hands... but like u cats, no jiggerypokery at affal' den would surprise me neither innit /grammar
I preferred Richard Ings when he was an awful tennis umpire and John McEnroe would harangue him

Last edited:
Rioli's an exciting player from a football royalty family, the product is better with him playing and as a result I fully expect the AFL to find a way around this to limit the time of his suspension.

There's no way he does 4 years and I am in no way defending his actions.

A news article from The Age just popped up on my FB feed but after reading it I can't find it :(
Interestingly it said something about Rioli not being asked to give another sample at the time although it is ASADA protocol if the officials see the player alter a sample.
Raises a few questions...why not? Is this then grounds for a loophole for Rioli? And if he apparently tested negative in a blood test, when was that taken?

Well atleast we can hang our hat on being the reigning premiers even if it is only for another 2 weeks, it's still 2 weeks longer than your club will ever get at the top

Well atleast we can hang our hat on being the reigning premiers even if it is only for another 2 weeks, it's still 2 weeks longer than your club will ever get at the top

You don't think Fremantle will ever win a premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back