Rumour Willie Rioli allegedly caught tampering with a drug testing sample

Remove this Banner Ad

What a lot of ppl may be missing in this case is that despite the gatorade caper (and whatever that actually looked like) a successful sample WAS taken - no PEDs were in his system. Rioli did however prove himself to be a pothead.

To say otherwise is just to ignore the facts of the case because you have an axe to grind.

I agree that if NO successful sample was taken and he poured the gatorade he should get the full 4 years.
Do you have the dates in which Rioli was tested, because as far as i know he was tested twice.
Aug 2019 he tampered with the test, Sep 2019 he was tested again and found positive.

So in Aug 2019, he tampered with the test, that test could have easily contained PEDS, so i really don't think ppl are missing anything at all.

Do you have the dates in which Rioli was tested, because as far as i know he was tested twice.
Aug 2019 he tampered with the test, Sep 2019 he was tested again and found positive.

So in Aug 2019, he tampered with the test, that test could have easily contained PEDS, so i really don't think ppl are missing anything at all.
On the WCE board I read it was within 7 days between tests.

7 days, enough time for things to leave his system. 2 year ban is an absolute joke.
Well, Essendon players/staff only got 1 year for doping, which included dodging tests, etc.

Rioli's an idiot who ripped a few bongs and got scared.what he did was incredibly stupid but I don't think it warrants having his career ended, considering it was determined he wasn't trying to cheat.

Well, Essendon players/staff only got 1 year for doping, which included dodging tests, etc.

Rioli's an idiot who ripped a few bongs and got scared.what he did was incredibly stupid but I don't think it warrants having his career ended, considering it was determined he wasn't trying to cheat.
Essendon players didn't test positive to anything as far as I can remember, so comparing this suspension to theirs is completely wrong.

Deliberately giving a fake piss sample should be the maximum punishment full stop.

Essendon players didn't test positive to anything as far as I can remember, so comparing this suspension to theirs is completely wrong.

Deliberately giving a fake piss sample should be the maximum punishment full stop.
They dodged tests.

Whitfield dodged tests and got months.

Again, the outcome of the trial determined he wasn't trying to cheat and he admitted guilt early, hence the discount.

SIA and WADA were happy with the it outcome, hence no appeal.

Incorrect.

WADA released a statement confirming the basis of the bans.

"The appeal filed by WADA against the Australian Football League (AFL) Anti-Doping Tribunal's decision of 31 March 2015 is upheld and the appealed decision is set aside," the statement read.

"The 34 players concerned are sanctioned with a period of ineligibility of two years, commencing on 31 March 2015, with credit given for any individual period of ineligibility already served.

"Thus, most of the suspensions will come to an end in November 2016."

If you want to maintain this fallacy then Willie has only received a penalty of 5 months which is outrageous for sample tampering and actually failing a test despite the 'he was scared because he was under the influence of illegal drugs and he knew he'd broken the rules and was about to get caught' defence which seems to hold a lot of water with The West Coast supporters itt.

Comparing an individual who panicked because he smoked weed to a club who implemented a systematic doping regime is laughable even by very low salty Victorian standards

please provide evidence of the drugs Essendon players were injected with..
Oh wait you can’t because they were destroyed when ASADA came snooping..

yeah sure ‘they weren’t trying to avoid detection at all ‘

farkin lol

It doesn't matter how many times you say this it still isn't an excuse for what he did. Be thankful for the very light penalty and move on.

I have yet to hear one WC supporter claim what he did was not very very stupid
But comparing penalties with other AFL incidents of the past .. not sure ‘light’ is the word I’d use

I have yet to hear one WC supporter claim what he did was not very very stupid
But comparing penalties with other AFL incidents of the past .. not sure ‘light’ is the word I’d use
Yet you keep repeating it like it's an excuse. All drug cheating is stupid. He was just extra stupid. He should've got 4 years which is the going rate. Therefore he got off lightly. Maybe they took into account your 'poor scared pothead' defence afterall. Accept it and move on. I'm sure Willie is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeh, I bet players will be lining up around the block to take their 2 year ban.

The same length of time that they would cop for a first violation after being caught with many PEDs in their system...
It should be 4 years and that might engage their brains.
We all know the footballers are not the sharpest knifes in the draw

Yet you keep repeating it like it's an excuse. All drug cheating is stupid. He was just extra stupid. He should've got 4 years which is the going rate. Therefore he got off lightly. Maybe they took into account your 'poor scared pothead' defence afterall. Accept it and move on. I'm sure Willie is.

Yes he used Gatorade to hide pot... but he didn’t destroy evidence to cover up a club endorsed doping regime

Yes he used Gatorade to hide pot... but he didn’t destroy evidence to cover up a club endorsed doping regime
He used Gatorade to hide whatever was in his system, you say it was pot, it may well have just been pot, but we don't know that for sure do we?
Tampering with evidence should be max penalty, be glad he got a discount.

Where's the proof evidence was destroyed?

It's in the same place as Willie's actual positive ped test he avoided by tampering with his sample.

Lol this twit logic

easy...provide the records of what was injected and ordered by the club

I’ll wait

Worse than trying to evade a test

He used Gatorade to hide whatever was in his system, you say it was pot, it may well have just been pot, but we don't know that for sure do we?
Tampering with evidence should be max penalty, be glad he got a discount.

Lol Gatorade isn’t hiding anything.. and he was drug tested that’s how they found the pot

is there an education system in Vic ??

serious question

Jesus Mary and Joseph..

Provide the proof that Willie didn't have peds in his system when he tampered with his first test.

I'll wait. Derp.

He was drug tested.. gee that was easy
Any other comically bad comparisons ???

Most supporters are smarter than your average Richmond numpty.
panicking because you smoked weed hardly constitutes cheating.. incredibly stupid yes
Or are u too salty to acknowledge zero peds found
Not so fast Numero Uno, if he's will(ie)ing to cheat after smoking dope he'd be willing to cheat after taking something worse. He's a drug cheat. However, the episode is over, he's received his penalty and it's time for everyone to move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back