Rumour Willie Rioli allegedly caught tampering with a drug testing sample

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel bad for the dude.
He's probably not silly.
It's more about substance dependence making U act silly.
This is a victimless crime. Only person he has hurt is himself .

I actually think he's silly, as in he's a huge talent in the field, but I genuinely think he's incredibly naive and pretty dumb.

I'm not sure of a great way to word it, but his actions scream dumb. Not standard 25 year old father of two, but more like underdeveloped teen dumb.

I actually think he's silly, as in he's a huge talent in the field, but I genuinely think he's incredibly naive and pretty dumb.

I'm not sure of a great way to word it, but his actions scream dumb. Not standard 25 year old father of two, but more like underdeveloped teen dumb.
Footballers are not known for having any sort of intelligence and this is just another confirmation of it.

Right or wrong cannabis is still classed as illegal, even though it's ridiculous, especially when legally it's classed as a 'dangerous drug'! :D

But once again Rioli has shown his intelligence I think. Stupid, stupid thing to do! It shouldn't be career over though but we'll see what happens. It should be just a fine through the courts but you know there are those in the community that will not be satisfied with that.

Perhaps if he could of been around the club a bit over the past 2 years it could of kept him on the straight and narrow and the club and AFL could of been around him more, but this was his own choice.
Could've been on the straight and narrow if he was around the club???? Really??
He was around the club when he replaced his piss with Gatorade. It didn't stop him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel bad for the dude.
He's probably not silly.
It's more about substance dependence making U act silly.
This is a victimless crime. Only person he has hurt is himself .

He absolutely is silly. No way he's that "addicted" to pot that he was an incredibly intelligent, insightful guy turned this moronic by weed.

First trying to pass yellow Gatorade off as urine in front of a drug tester.
Now taking the risk of having a very small amount of weed on his person at an airport.

And you say "he's probably not silly".

It can obviously be harmful, I quit smoking weed because it was bad for my mental health, but it shouldn’t be a criminal offence to be in possession of.

that being said, it is so very stupid and entitled for Rioli to have done this.

It shouldn't be but it is. Knowing this, and knowing that an airport is a fairly likely place you may be searched to some degree...

He absolutely is silly. No way he's that "addicted" to pot that he was an incredibly intelligent, insightful guy turned this moronic by weed.

First trying to pass yellow Gatorade off as urine in front of a drug tester.
Now taking the risk of having a very small amount of weed on his person at an airport.

And you say "he's probably not silly".
Well he's not a genius.

But he might have substance dependence issues which affect his decision making.

I do agree with I wouldnt delist him, if he has a problem and its now clearly he does, the club needs to stand by him again. Its too easy to cut him loose and take the easy way out. AFL clubs these days are all about looking after our own well this is a perfect example however, you cant reward stupidity and ignorance. The club needs to keep him on to get himself right and get some stability in his life but you would be telling him straight up there will be no AFL return this season.
Agree with this. Clearly has issues and cutting him loose is the easy option, the harder option is to keep him close and support him. Assume this will just be a fine from the court and no criminal record because of the small amount but who knows.

Nobody wants to this guy's budding career go up in smoke, but I'm afraid he may have stamped his papers. To be blunt, I think he's a gram short of the full ounce. Hopefully he has people around him who he can hash things out with and maybe someone can speak some sinse to him.

I think he was 3.3 grams short actually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back