News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

twang goes his hamstring. why would he he suddenly play after being out for 2 years with no match fitness

“It’s minor, so we will see if he can play later in the year.”

wait-what.gif

Injuries have really ruined this year: Shuey, Kelly, Gov, Ryan, Redden, Hurn and countless others.
Really??
Why couldn’t ‘the system’ deal with those injuries at the time? Many of those players have been fit recently anyway and have played in a pretty much full team.
Club is a joke and people should stop making excuses for them.

Many of those players have been fit recently anyway and have played in a pretty much full team.

Shuey (3), Redden (3), Hurn (2), Ryan (2) have all missed multiple weeks during our recent 2-6 (which I expect to be 2-7) run.

And those missed game tallies don’t include games where players have been subbed out early - which applies to Redden, Hurn, Ryan and now Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey (3), Redden (3), Hurn (2), Ryan (2) have all missed multiple weeks during our recent 2-6 (which I expect to be 2-7) run.

And those missed game tallies don’t include games where players have been subbed out early - which applies to Redden, Hurn, Ryan and now Kelly.

Also some of those players missed chunks of pre-season which is needed for a fitness base which a lot of those players clearly lacked at times.

We would have easily been in the 8 if not for injuries. From there, anything can happen.

It's not the sole reason, but you can't deny it has been a major factor.

I think it is fair to say the results of the second half of the season aren't solely or even mostly due to injuries.

But in the first half of the year injuries definitely cost us a win or two - so you are correct that they have cost us top 8.

I'm not sure we would have gone far had we made it anyway, so probably better to miss (and have a bit of fallout - as the club sees anything other than a finals appearance as a massive failure).

I think it is fair to say the results of the second half of the season aren't solely or even mostly due to injuries.

But in the first half of the year injuries definitely cost us a win or two - so you are correct that they have cost us top 8.

I'm not sure we would have gone far had we made it anyway, so probably better to miss (and have a bit of fallout - as the club sees anything other than a finals appearance as a massive failure).
I think we hit a tipping point, we hoped that Shuey, Kelly, Yeo, McGovern, Duggan etc coming back would let us kick on, when in reality they were so underdone we were always on the backfoot.

Not trying to justify us losing, as our list has let us down in terms of form and depth to see us past injuries.

Couple that with a stagnant, slow game plan, and it was death.

We certainly should have won against North, Pies and Freo, if we'd done that we'd be on thirteen wins.

I think we hit a tipping point, we hoped that Shuey, Kelly, Yeo, McGovern, Duggan etc coming back would let us kick on, when in reality they were so underdone we were always on the backfoot.

Not trying to justify us losing, as our list has let us down in terms of form and depth to see us past injuries.

Couple that with a stagnant, slow game plan, and it was death.

We certainly should have won against North, Pies and Freo, if we'd done that we'd be on thirteen wins.

On one hand we could have won an extra 3-4 wins but on the other hand we needed those loses to really go about fixing what should have been fixed last season and it now puts serious pressure from the high ups all the way to the bottom. We will be better off for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back