News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that's right, absolutely.

The flip side to all this - and it's not something we want to think about/acknowledge - is that he had cheated with a substance that is detectable via urine but wouldn't show up in the blood test he reportedly took 1-2 days after the tampering event.
And this is the reason why he'll likely cop a long ban. Even if he wasn't, leniency sets a precedent for people who would cheat.
I hope it's not like that...

The longer it drags on to find a result the worse this is going to be for Willie.
My tin foil hat opinion based on years of afl precedence says they already have the penalty decided, its bad and are just waiting for some other event to happen that takes up all the air time and they can jump on the opportunity to announce this

The longer it drags on to find a result the worse this is going to be for Willie.
My tin foil hat opinion based on years of afl precedence says they already have the penalty decided, its bad and are just waiting for some other event to happen that takes up all the air time and they can jump on the opportunity to announce this

They will try and smother the news with AFLW stories when that season starts.

It would be nice to get a bit of a good news story out of this with a fair penalty, the world is burning atm with bad news. How about a ray of sunlight instead of doom and gloom.

Yeah that's right, absolutely.

The flip side to all this - and it's not something we want to think about/acknowledge - is that he had cheated with a substance that is detectable via urine but wouldn't show up in the blood test he reportedly took 1-2 days after the tampering event.

You can be tested for weed with a spit test.

Well know fact.

So he couldnt pee and jokingly provided a spit test. Better than providing nothing. THAT should be his defense.

Wasnt thinking straight and a bit of a joke. Willie is a commedian. And not too smart.

Last edited:
Hagdorn on radio this am saying his insiders are telling him people are expecting 3 years suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three years seems an odd number. I'm basing this off of nothing but aren't they usually one year, 18 months, two years or four years?

Or 8 years?

Hagdorn has been pretty accurate with info of late. Didn't he get Yeo's groin problem out there a few weeks before the club?

Three years is really awkward. Club could tolerate two years and four years is clearly career over. 3 years means it is unlikely that we keep him but he could still come back and play for someone else later on. That would suck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back