News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

If the players condone what he did there is no rift . Or are u so soft you dont believe in discipline . Like Sumich said if there is 1 doing it there are others . I hope all our players hate dope and despise the smoking of it . Especially in season . There are fools who believe dope is ok . Hopefully the rift is Willie on one side with his stupid view on dope and the other side is Nic Nat . Gaff. Shepherd etc he let down .
You haven’t elaborated on the rift on the playing group.

So no explaination needed or proof of his willingness to comply in future its all accepted and everyone is dissapointed . Thats all .

There is a lot to play out. They are hamstrung with ASADA and can’t say much in public till mid next year when the penalty is handed out. In the meantime the players and staff are getting around a young adult with a young family who has made a mistake in what could his career over. You don’t just ditch a player who has made a mistake, you work through it.

Hopefully one day Willie can light up the G on GF day and pay Daniel back.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
If Pickett can play in a winning GF side having previously spent a year or two in gaol, then surely Willy for his misdemeanours can be given another chance when and if he returns to reproduce his best an to help us win another flag🤔

If Pickett can play in a winning GF side having previously spent a year or two in gaol, then surely Willy for his misdemeanours can be given another chance when and if he returns to reproduce his best an to help us win another flag
Hoping it really drives him until he hangs up the boots.

As long as he doesnt leave for another team and do it.

That'd suck.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jesus Tom Percy pumps out columm after column calling for leniency when judging hardened criminals but if it involves a WCE player he suddenly becomes a capital punishment advocate.
Wouldn't expect anything different from Tom Percy. Obviously is not stupid to have got where he has in his career (albeit defending criminals and the like) but in other respects he is a fool! No more needs to be said.

Richmond are chomping at the bit for him.

They will brand him as the next Pickett. So the idea no other clubs will pick him up is farce.
That's why the Club needs to be supportive of Willy as if he comes back and plays again want him playing for us, not anybidy else! Not knowing the rules can Willy be put on our rookie list (obviously not allowed to play) while he serves any sentence he may be given?

Richmond are chomping at the bit for him.

They will brand him as the next Pickett. So the idea no other clubs will pick him up is farce.

Tbh I don’t care who picks him up if he’s unwilling to accept any sort of player backlash or team sanctions..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

WADA is considering cutting the ban of street drugs like cannabis to a one month ban provided the player undergoes drug rehabilitation .
The ban will be judged on the tampering anyway so Willie still facing a lengthy ban you would think .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news. Surely the proof of the weed smoking shows there was no intent to cheat. Which seems to be part of the substitution rules.

Lock in 2020 bros

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And the tampering charge?
The thing that gets me with the tampering charge is that he had a clear blood test straight after that (according to The West), so there would have been nothing in his system to cover up at that stage. Any ASADA argument saying he was trying to cover up weed would be null and void.

The thing that gets me with the tampering charge is that he had a clear blood test straight after that (according to The West), so there would have been nothing in his system to cover up at that stage. Any ASADA argument saying he was trying to cover up weed would be null and void.
AFAIK, they don't have to say he was trying to cover up anything.
The mere fact he tampered with the sample is enough.

And the tampering charge?
That's what I was referring to. The tampering charge wording I think includes the wording "intent to cheat" if what he was hiding wasn't classed as cheating anymore under this new rule then it would be hard to smash him

That's what I was referring to. The tampering charge wording I think includes the wording "intent to cheat" if what he was hiding wasn't classed as cheating anymore under this new rule then it would be hard to smash him

I'm pretty sure the attempt to tamper is the violation itself, regardless of what was in his other tests.

I think they include the words “intent to tamper” not “intent to cheat”.

I was going of memory from when this all went down. Spewing if we can't get it downgraded cause he is only smoking weed

So after the epic wildcats game today I remembered a guy called Jaron Johnson who played a few games a couple of years ago before being sacked. It later came out that he had been on the green and failed a in-competition drug test.

"On May 15, 2017, it was revealed by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) that Johnson was sanctioned for a breach of the WADA Anti-Doping Code after testing positive for cannabis. He was tested as part of regular in-competition testing while with the Perth Wildcats after a game against the New Zealand Breakers in November 2016. As a result, Johnson was deemed ineligible to participate in any WADA sanctioned sport from March 24 to June 24, 2017."

Well he got a 4 month ban. So going on this Rioli really shouldn't get more than that on that charge. Hope the eagles lawyers have been alerted to this case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back