News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like his dad is gonna keep him in shape.

I hope he starts preseason with the youngens in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Saw some highlights of Willie (sen )
Playing footy and our Willie has very similar traits ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if anyone else has Willie on Instagram, saw him post up dialogue of LeBron James, speaking about how the biggest learning curve is overcoming obstacles and not letting anyone but himself dictate when he leaves the game.

Motivational stuff from Willie, seems he is hungry. Hopefully this can be the catalyst that propels him to a great level.
ie Steve Smith in the Ashes recently.

Not sure if anyone else has Willie on Instagram, saw him post up dialogue of LeBron James, speaking about how the biggest learning curve is overcoming obstacles and not letting anyone but himself dictate when he leaves the game.

Motivational stuff from Willie, seems he is hungry. Hopefully this can be the catalyst that propels him to a great level.
he is right ............. He did dictate when he was leaving the game ............. by smoking pot and tampering with testing ........................... NEXT

Last edited:
Willie will still only be 25 on the 1st January 2021. Plenty of time left in his career. The year off will extend his career. Could play till 33.

AFL will give him 18 months max. If Willie has a brilliant case with brilliant lawyers who knows he could actually get out of it? Eg. ASADA and the official didn't complete the test properly, invalid test etc.
Is the club dealing with the legal stuff? We seem to have QC's coming out the wazoo.

Yeah I saw that, it was Kobe Bryant he posted rather than LeBron, but yeah he seems determined to project an image of someone that is tackling this head on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can forgive a mistake, we can all forgive a mistake.

But to have made a mistake in panic with the sample, and then having made the exact same mistake by posting a positive match day test for cannibus barely a month later beggars belief

I can forgive a mistake, we can all forgive a mistake.

But to have made a mistake in panic with the sample, and then having made the exact same mistake by posting a positive match day test for cannibus barely a month later beggars belief

Tbf I don't think he knew he was in trouble from the tampering. And the weed finding was from being target tested iirc.

The ASADA agent didn't say anything (as is their job), so if we take it on face value that he was just sick of waiting to pee, wanted to get out of there and then did something he felt was cheeky and not monumentally stupid, then he screwed up the second time without knowing he had screwed up the first time.

For me it's like the Warnie defence, you shake your head because of how stupid it is, but because it's them you can see it happening.

Tbf I don't think he knew he was in trouble from the tampering. And the weed finding was from being target tested iirc.

The ASADA agent didn't say anything (as is their job), so if we take it on face value that he was just sick of waiting to pee, wanted to get out of there and then did something he felt was cheeky and not monumentally stupid, then he screwed up the second time without knowing he had screwed up the first time.

For me it's like the Warnie defence, you shake your head because of how stupid it is, but because it's them you can see it happening.
Not sure how the ASADA agent did their job in that scenario.

The procedure specifically says they must watch the urine leave the athlete. If Willie did pour Gatorade into a cup in clear view without an attempt to hide it then there is a strong argument that the test was not completed.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure how the ASADA agent did their job in that scenario.

The procedure specifically says they must watch the urine leave the athlete. If Willie did pour Gatorade into a cup in clear view without an attempt to hide it then there is a strong argument that the test was not completed.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He did his job alright.

He is basically an observer and is to document things that he considers
aren't of the norm.

Willie could've taken a dump in the cup and the tester would've done the same thing.

You say "the test was not completed".
Yes it was, just not in the way it is supposed to be, hence the tampering charge.

The marijuana failed test is clever if he wanted to conceal a heavier drug test that he tampered with ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He did his job alright.

He is basically an observer and is to document things that he considers
aren't of the norm.

Willie could've taken a dump in the cup and the tester would've done the same thing.

You say "the test was not completed".
Yes it was, just not in the way it is supposed to be, hence the tampering charge.

We'll agree to disagree - but this is from the ASADA testing procedure:

"Only a Chaperone (or DCO) of the same gender is permitted in the area of privacy when the athlete provides the sample. If the athlete is under 18 years of age, they may request their representative be present.The Chaperone (or DCO) will directly witness the urine sample leaving the athlete's body and going into the collection vessel."

I might be splitting hairs - but it is pretty specific around what the DCO/tester needs to do. I would argue that if they didn't witness what they thought was urine going into the vessel, then how could anyone possibly say the test was completed as per their own policy. Maybe Willie disguised it (in which case this discussion is irrelevant) - but if not there is at least a question to be asked about the policy and whether it was actually carried out.

Interesting, it isn't anywhere near the equivalent of tampering, I just find it weird that the club is fined and not the player. Or both. If only Rioli had killed the app on his phone...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So Willie could have just hid somewhere and not tell anyone, get high as a kite and the Eagles could have afforded the fine from the loose change found under Nisbett's couch.

Willie free to play 2020.

Damn.

Yeah not that simple, he would have got 6 months like Whitfield did

Remove this Banner Ad

Back