News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Its reported In Melbourne after his suspension Willie was in shock . Didnt or couldnt speak , someone fom the club stayed with him all the way to Darwin 5 hours he didnt speak . Then he said " 10 minutes just ruined my life " .
The missus said the same to me last night.

Its reported In Melbourne after his suspension Willie was in shock . Didnt or couldnt speak , someone fom the club stayed with him all the way to Darwin 5 hours he didnt speak . Then he said " 10 minutes just ruined my life " .
In all seriousness though that's the problem with being human. It can take years to forge a reputation and a living, and only a few minutes of madness to lose it all. Praying Willie can come back in 2021 and redeem himself in his own eyes.

In all seriousness though that's the problem with being human. It can take years to forge a reputation and a living, and only a few minutes of madness to lose it all. Praying Willie can come back in 2021 and redeem himself in his own eyes.

that wasn’t always the way. Australians used to live by the principal of “everyone deserves a second chance”. Nowadays people fall over each other in a rush to condemn others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that wasn’t always the way. Australians used to live by the principal of “everyone deserves a second chance”. Nowadays people fall over each other in a rush to condemn others.

Social media has a lot to do with that nowdays. All about hot takes and rapid reactions and the easiest responses is to condemn first and worry about nuance later.

If you are always writting in a 140 character limit you start thinking in the same limit.

This is absolutely correct, everyone and thing wants to penalise you straight up for a mistake. Seen it so many times now in my work place, person speaks something passionately and next minute gets a "first and final" for speaking in a threatening manner. You hurt yourself by accident and all the Company is interested in is have you got your paperwork with you and is it filled out properly....if not your fired.

I was under the impression Australians used to live by "everyone deserves a second chance unless you're indigenous". Today isn't worse...it's just different. As others are saying, social media just gives lots more people access to condemnation. People have always been judgy as all hell, they just never had the reach before that they have today.

To put it another way, the internet is just showing us how rough our edges actually are. It's come as a shock to most.

I have West Coast as flag favourites. Didn't get it right last year. Richmond played West Coast 2018 football and won the flag. Add NicNat and some reignited hunger and they will be the team to beat. Willie would take them to the next level. I hope he can get an early hearing and get a game before the finals.

Last edited:
I have West Coast as flag favourites. Didn't get it right last year. Richmond played West Coast 2018 football and won the flag. Add NicNat and some reignited hunger and they will be the team to beat. Willie would take them to the next level. I hope he can get an early hearing and get a game before the finals.
Richmond play a distinct different game style as us but I believe (barring a team over the off season beating us at our own precise kicking game) we're the only team who can beat them. If we s**t the bed next year the Tigers will go back to back with relative ease imo.

Richmond play a distinct different game style as us but I believe (barring a team over the off season beating us at our own precise kicking game) we're the only team who can beat them. If we s**t the bed next year the Tigers will go back to back with relative ease imo.

Brisbane are the ones to be wary of IMHO.

Tigers ball movement changed from 2017 move forward at all costs towards West Coast's 2018 possession by foot game.

West Coast have the best list in the comp but the hardest gameplan to execute. If they can remain mostly injury free and execute their game style, they will be favourites imo.

NFL isn't signed to the WADA code

And FIFA isn't exactly basking the code in glory
WADA/ASADA is a broken system which has failed to prevent government-sponsored systematic PED programmes and fails to respect athlete's human rights. In this case they are considering giving Willie Rioli a career-ending four year ban, egged on by a former ASADA person (wtf!). WADA/ASADA judgements with the force of law are imposed by eminent professionals who deserve full respect in thier fields of expertise, but many (most?) of them are without legal qualifications. Throw a corporate lawyer or two into the mix and Hey Presto we have a panel with serious punitive power, dispensing judgements in a manner that does not respect the rule of law. Willie smoked pot, panicked at the test and foolishly put something other than urine into the pot (this must have been in full view of the ASADA-mandated observer). In real a court of law, it is unlikely that this would attract the same penalty (4 years) as an organised PED ring. Russia copped a four-year ban for an elaborate national PED programme - to even threaten Willie with the same penalty for his behaviour is a total disgrace.

I don't think Willie will get 4 years though. Anything more that 6 months is harsh.

If he got 4 years there would be massive pressure on the AFL to forego Govt funding and dump ASADA and WADA and do it all in-house.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back