News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Listed to Tim Kelly on a podcadt and he said he couldn't wait to play with willie and hopes they will hear something soon.

Not specific detail and most likely a throw away line.

But i hope he is right.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hope so but doubt it. Wouldn't expect to hear anything until later in the year - October onwards.

Still hoping for 18 month ban but could see it at 2 years. Which means he'd be back for 2022 season right?

Hope so but doubt it. Wouldn't expect to hear anything until later in the year - October onwards.

Still hoping for 18 month ban but could see it at 2 years. Which means he'd be back for 2022 season right?

Under the expected new footy dept and salary cap allowances I would be surprised if we are able to retain Willie on our list if he gets a ban longer than 15 months.

We can absorb the cost this year, highly doubtful we can pay for a banned player in the future.

Under the expected new footy dept and salary cap allowances I would be surprised if we are able to retain Willie on our list if he gets a ban longer than 15 months.

We can absorb the cost this year, highly doubtful we can pay for a banned player in the future.

Yep, I think that's about right - a suspension of 18 months will be ok (that would have him back for the start of the 2021 season), anything less would be great. Any more than 2 years (ruling him out of 2021) would mean delisting. a period between 18-24 months would be interesting...

How will this 2 month delay be calculated into any ban?
Is he going to get a Stephenson-like calendar ban, or a games ban?

Personally I don't think it should get calculated.

Asada/wada bans are typically in months/years

Correct.

The length of any ban will be determined by the AFL anti doping tribunal in the first instance, with Willie/ASADA having the right to appeal and send the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Correct.

The length of any ban will be determined by the AFL anti doping tribunal in the first instance, with Willie/ASADA having the right to appeal and send the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Have you thought about changing your name to FreeWR?

Has anyone thought willies return might cause friction within the playing group?
He's my favourite player but ive heard hes wont be welcomed back by 100% of the playing group after his stupidity

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There might be friction at first, but it will be up to him to redeem himself. Best way to do that is work hard, show remorse for his stupidity and obviously don't do it again.

Has anyone thought willies return might cause friction within the playing group?
He's my favourite player but ive heard hes wont be welcomed back by 100% of the playing group after his stupidity

Gaff was welcomed back after he smacked one of their brothers. I’m sure Willie will be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can imagine some would be miffed. I really thought we were every chance to knock Geelong over until the Willie disaster occurred.

If you feel like you lost your one/last shot at a flag because of his selfishness you could have a chunk of resentment toward him.

He fronted up to the squad early in the year and did a few weeks training so you would think any grievances would have been sort out by then. Then Covid-19 happened so I think his incident is the last thing any of them are concerned about.

He fronted up to the squad early in the year and did a few weeks training so you would think any grievances would have been sort out by then. Then Covid-19 happened so I think his incident is the last thing any of them are concerned about.
You're probably right.big kick in the guts tho just at finals time

How will this 2 month delay be calculated into any ban?
Is he going to get a Stephenson-like calendar ban, or a games ban?
Depends on how they deal with the olympics being delayed to 2021. If they prevent athletes with bans ending in 2020 to participate in the 2021 olympics, that could be a baseline for forcing this year to not count as time served for Rioli?

Depends on how they deal with the olympics being delayed to 2021. If they prevent athletes with bans ending in 2020 to participate in the 2021 olympics, that could be a baseline for forcing this year to not count as time served for Rioli?

Surly an organisation couldn't be that corrupt. 4 year ban, oh actually make that 5 years cause the event you were aiming for got moved.

If that is the case they need to move to a prescribed ban i.e. 1 Olympics. or 1 AFL season.

Linking a ban to a revised Olympics schedule makes no sense because he isn't an olympics athlete. Of course the same applies to this talk of a 4 year ban that is only really about spanning an olympic schedule. And what the actual f**k is going on with these idiots taking 9 months and counting without any advancement on when the hearing might even happen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back