News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

KO_KO

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mighty Falcons & Biggie
So he’s ****ed then oh well yes it’s only pot but ffs it’s either footy or the gear the players need to choose one

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rioli's career is cooked. a likely 4 year ban means his career is effectively over.
Sam Murray (Collingwood) got 18 months for a positive game day test for cocaine so that would be an appropriate precedent for this result

How this impacts the Gatorade substitution is of more significance as it dilutes any claim of leniency on the basis of not being able to produce a sample

KO_KO

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mighty Falcons & Biggie
Sam Murray (Collingwood) got 18 months for a positive game day test for cocaine so that would be an appropriate precedent for this result

How this impacts the Gatorade substitution is if more significance as it dilutes any claim of leniency on the basis of not being able to produce a sample

I feel completely different on coke than on pot so your precedent is wrong

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

How this impacts the Gatorade substitution is of more significance as it dilutes any claim of leniency on the basis of not being able to produce a sample

I suspect they'll be two separate charges

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
If he is a regular user of pot as suggested his contract needs to be torn up.
Do what you want when your career is over, but when the terms of your employment prohibit use of illicit substances and you can't stop yourself, you don't deserve an AFL career and the rewards it brings.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Cocaine is a stimulant unlike pot though. And I'd like to know how they can tell if was playing under the influence of it seeing as it stays in your system for 6 weeks.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Really disappointing. I hope he's okay. His partner and son were away for a couple of weeks while this all unfolded so fingers crossed everything is alright at home.

I never expected this from him. He seemed such a balanced and well thought individual. This series of brain farts is astounding.

He is young and we've all made mistakes. I'm sure we're providing a great support network to him.

Back