archiemoses

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

On face value there's more questions than answers.

Maybe the test results take 3 weeks to analyse. Maybe a failed test is, tested multiple times.

They would at least know what the sample contained.

This is going to knock Liam Ryan around more than the rest so we need to keep an eye out for him.

If the investigation concludes Willie did something intentionally, then throw the book at him. All that hard work undone, a career that promised so much simply falls into the abyss. Much like Ashley Sampi but different reasons.

May 14, 2011
And I'm feeling so boohemian like you.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Brisbane Lions,
The AFL is so out of its depth they have banned Willie and no-one knows what has actually happened and the incident happened three weeks ago :think:

Exactly my thoughts. Why is it going take more weeks to sort out and investigate when they have already had weeks to look into it?

Especially when it sounds like something that would have been discovered on the day?

I work in tax and business services - why am I even asking this when I deal with government departments regularly. The answer is bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Hell of a thing to wake up to with the time difference. What a delightful birthday eve gift.

Absolutely flattened. Pissed off if he stuffed up, but not going to lose my head. God knows I've made some mistakes in my time. And we absolutely don't need another Yarren situation (either), especially this week.

One thing I will say, he won't be getting 4 years. It absolutely never happens.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Legit orrr
2EC207AF-EBDC-4792-A8F9-1D2801EAD552.gif

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Really just wanna hear honestly from the man himself tbh. Best possible scenario would be he was using something innocuous/non performing enhancing but prohibited, maybe recreational drugs, freaked out and tampered. But we'll see. If he's done the dirty no sympathy.

Lazzas

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
How a player could take something other than piss would pass the test is beyond me...unless the testing equipment is that bad lol. And of course how we pulled it off - as he pulled it out.

As best I can figure is there was something in the sample that shouldn’t have been there and wasn’t urine

An investigation has to be done to determine why/how that happened and protocol dictates Rioli can’t play whilst that investigation is conducted

Might explain why there’s a lack of detail beyond “adverse analytical finding “ as ASADA themselves don’t know how but are bound by their own rules to impose an immediate and indefinite ban

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

On face value there's more questions than answers.

Maybe the test results take 3 weeks to analyse. Maybe a failed test is, tested multiple times.

They would at least know what the sample contained.

This is going to knock Liam Ryan around more than the rest so we need to keep an eye out for him.

If the investigation concludes Willie did something intentionally, then throw the book at him. All that hard work undone, a career that promised so much simply falls into the abyss. Much like Ashley Sampi but different reasons.

One of the first things I thought too. :(

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
As best I can figure is there was something in the sample that shouldn’t have been there and wasn’t urine

An investigation has to be done to determine why/how that happened and protocol dictates Rioli can’t play whilst that investigation is conducted

Might explain why there’s a lack of detail beyond “adverse analytical finding “ as ASADA themselves don’t know how but are bound by their own rules to impose an immediate and indefinite ban

That's how i read it at first. Something other than urine, possibly a masking agent, was in the urine..but some are suggesting there was no urine at all? Pretty weird.

Legit orrr

No

I was taking the piss. ASADA ban for me incoming

Yeah somehow I don't think it was coincidental.

Yeah it was. There’s no conspiracy here. AFL were as blindsided by this as anyone

That's how i read it at first. Something other than urine, possibly a masking agent, was in the urine..but some are suggesting there was no urine at all? Pretty weird.

Not a masking agent as that would be classed as a prohibited substance as I understand it

Back