News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Willie gone on record and said that though? I cannot find any evidence of him making a statement

I find it completely reasonable to foresee that the AFL, the club and Rioli were notified today, in an official capacity

But I have a very hard time believing that unofficially, Willie had no idea he might have been in trouble after the test

Ah I see. No Willie hasn’t said anything.

Officially from every source is that Willie, club, AFL all told yesterday, but I see what you’re saying.

Find that hard to believe tbh, but then again this whole thing is very hard to get a read on.

It seems implausible that ASDA would allow you to have a drink in your hand while completing a urine test.

Who said anything about a can?

Was that in the article?

How about a riddle.

What can hold liquid, looks like a dick but isnt one?

Not many dodgy characters posting tonight who know how things like this work in real life.

This is actually really confusing.

Who's to say the sample wasnt tampered with after the test by someone else?

Ffs this ruined my bloody day.

This is gonna deflate the playing group and has given the cats an advantage

I don't know about the playing group, but I am completely deflated. Haven't felt so flat for a long time. I think the task will be beyond us now without Willie.

I very much doubt that Herald Sun article is correct.

Same here. The player is there with his pants around his ankles virtually naked peeing in a jar while the ASADA official is watching him do so. They'd never let someone do the test with a bottle liquid in their hand.

As best I can figure is there was something in the sample that shouldn’t have been there and wasn’t urine

An investigation has to be done to determine why/how that happened and protocol dictates Rioli can’t play whilst that investigation is conducted

Might explain why there’s a lack of detail beyond “adverse analytical finding “ as ASADA themselves don’t know how but are bound by their own rules to impose an immediate and indefinite ban

This seems like the most likely scenario at the moment, however it does raise the question around whether this protocol is working as intended . Do we really want ASADA having the ability suspend players in teams during the finals the second an administrative error occurs?

If Rioli is found guilty of wrongdoing then there will be no harm. If he is found innocent I will be most pleased, but it does create a whole new issue...

Lots to play out here still. Fox Footy, Robinson, Montagna, Lewis, Cornes casting doubt on the ASADA testing process.

Rioli will have a case for Damages, Negligence, Defamation if the testing was void as suggested.

If West Coast lose Geelong narrowly, West Coast will also have a case against ASADA/AFL .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots to play out here still. Fox Footy, Robinson, Montagna, Lewis, Cornes casting doubt on the ASADA testing process.

Rioli will have a case for Damages, Negligence, Defamation if the testing was void as suggested.

If West Coast lose Geelong narrowly, West Coast will also have a case against ASADA/AFL .

Yeah part of me hopes it is, but then he would've gone through all this crap.

Not getting my hopes up though.

Na I'm pretty sure ASADA work with immunity in all their cases. Can't take any action against them.

I don't know about the playing group, but I am completely deflated. Haven't felt so flat for a long time. I think the task will be beyond us now without Willie.

Cmon mate, one player doesn’t make a side. Good sides move forward. Rioli stuffed up, the players will move on with things quickly.
I certainly won’t be using this as any type of excuse for a poor performance tomorrow. Pro athletes needs to be pros and get on with the job they are paid to do, and I fully expect them to.

He can't have been trying to hide illicit drugs as it was an out of game day test and would have only been a strike

well there you go 30 pages mostly avoiding the facts
True enough but hey, isn't that BF in general=speculation and opinion?
It's a very emotional topic perched on the precipice of finals, we're all highly invested!
What's a final without some little Willy magic?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back