News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sick of the amount of crap written by this

Source of info is a Eagles players father (not Willie)

- Eagles players learnt of suspension 10 minutes before the rest of the world essentially. Players were furious they were told so late on.
- Players knew the story of Willie pouring the gatorade into the sample already. He had told them what happened. He was unable to provide a sample, was joking with tester, poured gatorade in and said thats all thats coming out then went off, did a blood test next day. Willie was of the belief the sample was illegible and not usable hence why he poured the gatordade in and made a joke about it. A official was with him at the time was also of the belief it was to be chucked out
- Shuey in particular was absolutely furious with the handling of this. He had the same situation happen during the year and he threw his in the bin and did the blood test the next day. The fact they tested Riolis and not Shueys is a key argument we will make
-Rioli passed all subsequent drug tests including the blood test the next day

End of ******* discussion
There was an fm radio segment thing with Andrew Gaff last week and that explanation fits the general vibe Gaff was giving out.Without giving details Gaff was very cool about it .He said it wouldnt hurt to have a refresher for the squad members in regards to the actual rules regarding drug testing and asada from time to time.

I've read that the sample only becomes a sample when it is closed by the player.
Whenever I've done a D+A I've signed a sticker which is attached to the sample, I don't know why Willie would've signed off on it if it was a joke and if he didn't then it can't possibly be considered a provided sample. Something doesn't add up.

Remember when it seemed accepted wisdom from media reports that Rioli panicked due to a concern about illicit drugs showing up so he tried to substitute Gatorade as urine. Makes you wonder where those reports stemmed from given they may well be a mile off what actually happened

Not going to believe anything until it comes from an official statement

Whenever I've done a D+A I've signed a sticker which is attached to the sample, I don't know why Willie would've signed off on it if it was a joke and if he didn't then it can't possibly be considered a provided sample. Something doesn't add up.

I've done a few for mine sites and never had to sign a sticker that was already on a specimen jar?

Unless you sign the sticker before hand and that then gets attached to the jar

Remember when it seemed accepted wisdom from media reports that Rioli panicked due to a concern about illicit drugs showing up so he tried to substitute Gatorade as urine. Makes you wonder where those reports stemmed from given they may well be a mile off what actually happened

Not going to believe anything until it comes from an official statement

It's well known that Rioli smokes pot.

Going by Willies IG story, Chance Bateman has gone up to the Tiwi Islands, Willie still looks in reasonable nick. Good to see him smiling.
IG Story now gone as has profile pic 😔

Just saw that, deleting posts too. I saw a bunch of trolls calling him a “druggy” etc... on his the photo he posted before the news broke. I wonder if they were on the other posts too.
That sucks. What was the Story about? Used to watch all his stories - such wholesome family guy vids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sucks. What was the Story about? Used to watch all his stories - such wholesome family guy vids

He had uploaded one earlier today and said “I’d give it all away to see you smile like this” or something to that effect with a photo of his Son swimming but he deleted it. The second photo was him sitting on a rock smiling with Chance in the water next to him.

🤬 🤬🤬trolls I'll do a Jay and silent Bob soon and get all their names and addresses 🤣🤣🤣 leave our Willie alone

Sick of the amount of crap written by this

Source of info is a Eagles players father (not Willie)

- Eagles players learnt of suspension 10 minutes before the rest of the world essentially. Players were furious they were told so late on.
- Players knew the story of Willie pouring the gatorade into the sample already. He had told them what happened. He was unable to provide a sample, was joking with tester, poured gatorade in and said thats all thats coming out then went off, did a blood test next day. Willie was of the belief the sample was illegible and not usable hence why he poured the gatordade in and made a joke about it. A official was with him at the time was also of the belief it was to be chucked out
- Shuey in particular was absolutely furious with the handling of this. He had the same situation happen during the year and he threw his in the bin and did the blood test the next day. The fact they tested Riolis and not Shueys is a key argument we will make
-Rioli passed all subsequent drug tests including the blood test the next day

End of ******* discussion

Thanks for sharing some insights ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The ongoing silence on this is becoming a story in itself. Is this potentially the AFL keeping details under-wraps during the finals? I go back to WCE's only statement declaring their disappointment at his provisional suspension while the investigation was ongoing. Now that the AFL pulled the trigger they can't allow news of this being a utensil up / joke gone wrong / ASADA not following protocol type scenario.

If this theory is correct, as a face saving exercise I can totally see Willie getting a token couple of weeks early next season anyway, no matter what the circumstances. None of the Vic media would even query the semi final suspension and it will all go away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back