Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
For a while now, I've had a young indigenous man working for our small company. He's a footballer himself with one of the WAFL sides, as is his brother, and his family is fairly well known amongst the football fraternity.

He's a great kid (he's 21). Works his ass off...when he's here. But in his personal life, he just can't seem to escape the need to bury himself in drugs and alcohol, by his own admission. He comes across in the completely same blase manner as Willie is atm.

I've done a little work on indigenous psychology, but I won't even pretend to understand what either of them are going thru. I cross my fingers for Willie, and hope for the best. But deep down inside, I really fear the worst.

For a while now, I've had a young indigenous man working for our small company. He's a footballer himself with one of the WAFL sides, as is his brother, and his family is fairly well known amongst the football fraternity.

He's a great kid (he's 21). Works his ass off...when he's here. But in his personal life, he just can't seem to escape the need to bury himself in drugs and alcohol, by his own admission. He comes across in the completely same blase manner as Willie is atm.

I've done a little work on indigenous psychology, but I won't even pretend to understand what either of them are going thru. I cross my fingers for Willie, and hope for the best. But deep down inside, I really fear the worst.

In my work I deal with a fair number of indigenous lads and it's exactly the same.

Not bad kids, but just don't seem to care when it comes to drugs and alcohol. They are pretty self aware of it as well. They have a very nihilistic view of life which you can't help but think how much potential these kids had once before their social circumstances and upbringing snatch away any chance at a productive life.

Last edited:

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Good to hear however cant see him getting off lightly with ASADA trying to tamper with his sample. Personally I think his case will be heard July/August next year, will get 3-4 years and will be delisted this time next year. Hopefully all the media coverage wont derail the end of what I believe will be a successful year.
Is that before or after the world ends? 😲

I think that sounds a fair bit worse than you intended it.

Let me put it this way.

If I never had to deal with indigenous lads doing what I do for a living, it would be a massive positive for their community and would mean things have changed dramatically for the better.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Let me put it this way.

If I never had to deal with indigenous lads doing what I do for a living, it would be a massive positive for their community and would mean things have changed dramatically for the better.

That's the context that makes your initial comment a bit more palatable. I can tell from your previous posts you're not a s**t campaigner and didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea.

After I posted my reply I thought if you worked in something like Corrections your post would make sense.

That's the context that makes your initial comment a bit more palatable. I can tell from your previous posts you're not a s**t campaigner and didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea.

After I posted my reply I thought if you worked in something like Corrections your post would make sense.
I thought the same thing

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm a Blue Canary.

I'll leave it to you guys to figure that out if you don't already know.

giphy.gif

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Good to hear however cant see him getting off lightly with ASADA trying to tamper with his sample. Personally I think his case will be heard July/August next year, will get 3-4 years and will be delisted this time next year. Hopefully all the media coverage wont derail the end of what I believe will be a successful year.
Keep looking at the giant who ran away

Thats as much tampering as replacing your piss imho

How long did he get

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I know the frustration of this dragging out is that the outcome is unknown, but the silver lining is Willie can continue to train with us until he is banned (was going to say if, but reality is it is until).

I am assuming similar to Sam Murray he will also be given dispensation to return to club training a couple of months prior to the official ban ending.

So potentially he may only be 6-ish months away from the club (With an 18 month ban, which is probably the best we can hope for).

Hopefully he gets a good result when they get around to it.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back