News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well hopefully he has a massive pre season then gets a small (under 12 months) suspension and can be right for the start of next year pre season.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
If he gets less than 12 months I expect we would see him play in 2020 (unless this list completely craps the bed).

We should get to 2nd week of finals at least (even that would be a disappointment) so Willie would be available. Anything under 12 months obviously only brings that date forward.

I still think it will be 18 months fwiw

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he gets less than 12 months I expect we would see him play in 2020 (unless this list completely craps the bed).

We should get to 2nd week of finals at least (even that would be a disappointment) so Willie would be available. Anything under 12 months obviously only brings that date forward.

I still think it will be 18 months fwiw

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You wouldnt bring him into a semi final with no training or game time. Needs to be less than 12 months, preferably 9 months.

Weed is bearly even a drug. Should be legal. Alcohol has more effect then weed does.

He should get 6 months and that's only because he tried to hide the test. Testing positive to weed isn't much of an issue.

That's it. Shouldn't be anymore then that.

Weed is bearly even a drug. Should be legal. Alcohol has more effect then weed does.

He should get 6 months and that's only because he tried to hide the test. Testing positive to weed isn't much of an issue.

That's it. Shouldn't be anymore then that.
Which drug it was in his system is irrelevant given the charge. He deserves longer than 6 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which drug it was in his system is irrelevant given the charge. He deserves longer than 6 months.
Depends how you look at it. Is contaminating a test to hide recreational drug use on equal grounds with trying to hide PEDs? One is trying to protect reputation and one is intentionally trying to cheat.

It’s not going to help Willie as he offence came under the current rules.. but going forward I’d be pretty pissed if someone who smoked a joint in his loungeroom on the weekend is given the same penalty as an Olympian who’s tried to get a leg up on his competition. Just seems really off balance.

You wouldnt bring him into a semi final with no training or game time. Needs to be less than 12 months, preferably 9 months.

He can rejoin training 2 months prior to his ban ending.

and, whilst it is all a matter of personal opinion, I absolutely would play him in a SF or Prelim with no match practice (provided he was fit of course). He is one of a handful of players we have who can turn games with 'moments'. We've got some stars - but many of those are 'death by 1000 cuts' types (nothing wrong with that, we need their high performance and consistency) - Willie offers something different.

I still think he will get 18 months though (18 months out - maybe some additional time suspended), so we won't see him until 2021.

He can rejoin training 2 months prior to his ban ending.

and, whilst it is all a matter of personal opinion, I absolutely would play him in a SF or Prelim with no match practice (provided he was fit of course). He is one of a handful of players we have who can turn games with 'moments'. We've got some stars - but many of those are 'death by 1000 cuts' types (nothing wrong with that, we need their high performance and consistency) - Willie offers something different.

I still think he will get 18 months though (18 months out - maybe some additional time suspended), so we won't see him until 2021.

I was thinking about this.

If it is 12 months and he is eligible to play after week 1 of finals 2020, do we take the risk?

He wouldn’t get a try out in the WAFL as he wouldn’t be eligible.

Looks like he is doing everything he can to stay fit which was an original concern of mine but how much does training prepare you for a AFL footy, let alone the pressure cooker of finals footy which is another step up.

Not to mention that he would be taking someone’s spot who has put in week in week out while willie was out with a ban. Is that fair to then give willie the nod over the guy who has been there all season?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Crazy talk about playing him straight after ban in finals ... he seems to be getting better the longer we don't see him.
he is good player but the Messiah he ain't.

To put an even more miserable complication to all this is that an article that I saw today stated that Willies partner is pregnant and he is going to be a dad.

So instead of pulling down good money, his career and means to support his family could be all over before it really began 😥

To put an even more miserable complication to all this is that an article that I saw today stated that Willies partner is pregnant and he is going to be a dad.

So instead of pulling down good money, his career and means to support his family could be all over before it really began 😥

She's 5 months pregnant and it was announced that it is going to be a boy.

Having Simmo go up to NT gives me hope that we will be backing him in long term and we will see him again soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back