News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will this Russia decision have anything to do with Willie?

4 years

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

no it won't. but just reading it I hope Willie gets a ban that's not really a ban also (I think the technical term is a 'Stephenson Ban').

They banned Russia, but they can compete in qualifying for the 2022 WC, if they do qualify they can't compete as Russia (that implies to me they can compete as a neutral or under another banner).

Also banned from the Olympics - but athletes who can prove they weren't part of the violations can compete under the neutral banner.

So essentially similar to a fully suspended sentence for Willie. That would be nice!

The fact he is still in the NT, doesn't give me any confidence, he has/will change his ways.

Convinced he will never play for us again.

That's pretty harsh. It's on the spectrum of possibilities but Willie looks trim and fighting fit in the few photos that have surfaced.

He cocked up royally but he is a good chance to make it back if he doesn't cop a ban greater than 2 years IMO.

The fact he is still in the NT, doesn't give me any confidence, he has/will change his ways.

He might be staying up there to keep the media BS at bay. If he was training with the club there'd be a new article each week about him.

From the videos he's posting he is still training a lot and looks in good nick. Hard to imagine he'd do all that if he wasn't hoping to get back in some capacity.

Loophole? Change his name to Wollo Roilo.

Willie Rioli did it not the new guy.

Seems like you could do crap like this these days and get away with it

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

"I identify as someone who hasn't been suspended for ASADA breaches..."

Would we be testing him privately??

Or have a she ‘ll be right mate attitude..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
i reckon we would be vigorously watching him. so that if he does utensil up again the club may not be as supportive.

in saying that i dont think willie will do the same mistake again. he cocked up he knows it and wants to make amends

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda hoping all this takes place during post season next year. I can see the news storm (and the concern of a friend) of a tribunal hearing affecting the players output. We could be balls deep in the top 4, we could be fighting for a spot in the lower half of the 8.

Nah the players will have gotten past it. Hasnt done damage to other teams who have had players go through the same. I mean It did effect the players in the final because it happened as the my arrived in Melbourne. If we miss out on the finals it won’t be from distraction from the Willie case.

WTF, how does the fact that he's with his family on Melville lead you to believe he 'wont change his ways'?
*ing stupid comment.

He can rejoin training 2 months prior to his ban ending.

and, whilst it is all a matter of personal opinion, I absolutely would play him in a SF or Prelim with no match practice (provided he was fit of course). He is one of a handful of players we have who can turn games with 'moments'. We've got some stars - but many of those are 'death by 1000 cuts' types (nothing wrong with that, we need their high performance and consistency) - Willie offers something different.

I still think he will get 18 months though (18 months out - maybe some additional time suspended), so we won't see him until 2021.
Look at our first goal against collingwood in the granny.

Manufactured out of nothing - we could have been facing another 2015 there.....

HARDEN the * up, own your life, if he is allowed to train, be here with the boys.
if he isn't allowed to train with the team, then WCE make that statement ..
otherwise this is fish piss

Last edited:
HARDEN the fu** up, own your life, if he is allowed to train, be here with the boys.
if he isn't allowed to train with the team WCE make that statement ..
otherwise this is fish piss
The whole sentiment of the post really goes against everything Simmo stands for with player management.

We also have no idea whether he will be training with the club after Christmas and up until the hearing etc. It may have seemed pointless for him to be here before Christmas given he is almost certainly not playing in the near future and more beneficial to get his head straight to attack what comes next.

Whatever happens, the decision is being made with the club and most likely by the club. If they told him to be here, he would no doubt be here. Do people really think Willy on his own has decided to stay at home and the club is not involved and wanted him at training?

WTF, how does the fact that he's with his family on Melville lead you to believe he 'wont change his ways'?
f*n stupid comment.
Forgive me for not having faith, that Melville island, is the place for him to be, to rid himself of his addiction......I grew up in Darwin. I know what its like.

And what a piss weak retort......if you don't like other peoples comments, how have you lasted this long being exposed to the internet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back