News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Or the supposedly young man of 24 years of age ( when does young no longer apply?) instead if being a tosser could have followed the rules and continued playing as he was and he wouldn’t have had to worry about it....

The bleating and the sympathy in this case is beyond staggering. He is going to cop at least the 2 years and more than likely the full 4... his careers done and he has no one to blame but himself.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

and what basis youre going on with that. what facts do you have. so far it all has been heresay and nothing concrete from anyone.

frankly the longer it takes the more i feel ASADA are a bunch of incompetent *s,

Thanks for the good laugh.

You reckon an indictable matter is comparable to Willie's matter? 4 years max suspension from playing sport vs a matter that needs to go before a Judge and Jury...

Yeah nah. This is a Magi Court level matter every day of the week. Maybe ask your law lecturer next week what they think
From a sporting perspective? Absolutely it is. It's as serious a hearing as a sportsperson can face. Compare it to an AFL tribunal hearing, for example, which has much more in common with a Magistrates Court trial in terms of length, complexity and consequence.
A Magistrates Court trial will be heard by a single magistrate who will have had no prior knowledge of the matter. There are no submissions made prior to the hearing. The prosecutor and often the defence lawyer will pick up the brief for the first time around a week before trial. The matter is likely to be one of many trials listed on that day (on Friday there were eight trials listed in my courtroom in Joondalup, today there were four trials listed in the one Midland courtroom), the preponderance of which will result in fines being imposed if the accused is convicted.
An anti-doping investigation on the other hand involves a hilariously complex and convoluted process, the involvement of silks on both sides and a huge amount of preparation. Hearings are held before panels of sporting representatives and experts. The appeal mechanisms are to go to the federal Administrative Appeals Tribunal and the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Switzerland. Consider the following flowchart and tell me if it bears any resemblance to a bog standard Magistrates Court matter: https://www.asada.gov.au/sites/default/files/ADRV Process_20190812_V2.pdf?v=1572479432

Law lecturer? Spare me, mate. You clearly have no clue.

I've heard both Nisbett and Vozzo talk about it several times and not once has anyone mentioned requesting post-season. There answer was always, they simply didn't know when it would be coming up.
The vibe on that is all from BF, which is why I stated it may have been the case and many seem to think so. This isnt inconsistent with Vosso etc saying they dont know the date as that would yet to be set.

Don't feel like slagging off ASADA is appropriate tbh.

Does this process take too long? Absolutely, but this is a resourcing issue - take this up with your local MP if you don't like it. Backlog of cases, significant time investment per case, legal team engagement, consultation/collaboration with individual sporting bodies.
ASADA also clearly put most of their resources into drug detection - easier to justify spending public money on getting cheats out of sport rather than processing them quickly.

Is the punishment excessive? In the context of AFL, for sure. But ASADA don't set the rules, they just apply the WADA code to sporting bodies that have signed up. Take that up with the AFL - we signed up for this.

I can guarantee you the penalty (whenever it is eventually handed down) will be conveniently 6-12months longer (minimum) than how long the wait time is.

Therefore ASADA has not wasted everyone's time.

It was never going to be less than 18 months.

It was never going to be less than 18 months.

No, but putting someone in a guillotine on a timer and telling them it'll drop sometime in the next 3 years is ALOT worse than telling someone they'll be executed at the exact time/date.

Willie put himself in this scenario so it can't be all flames for ASADA, but off the back the AFL perhaps need to rethink the system they signed up for.

I wish this hadn’t of happened at all.

Then we’d all be arguing about Ainsworth, Vardy, Brander #VICBIAS and Watermelons instead

Wait this is still happening....

I need to delete someone’s account

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is going to cop at least the 2 years and more than likely the full 4...
If coping the full 4 years was even remotely likely he wouldn’t still be on our list. Especially given the reduced list sizes going forward.

I have maintained from day 1 that he will more than likely get 18-24 months, and that the 4 year suspension will be reserved for the athlete who conspires to cover up that they are taking a PED, not a young fella having a toke.

Woah, huge call there.

Of course.

I just clearly recall how bullish I was that we were going to towel up Geelong last year...and then the Willie news broke and you knew we were going to fold up.

We haven't looked anywhere near top flight since then barring 3 exceptional quarters against Collingwood.

No, but putting someone in a guillotine on a timer and telling them it'll drop sometime in the next 3 years is ALOT worse than telling someone they'll be executed at the exact time/date.

Willie put himself in this scenario so it can't be all flames for ASADA, but off the back the AFL perhaps need to rethink the system they signed up for.

Has your username always been Neale4brownlow? Good shout if so

So Christian Coleman, 100m sprinter and fastest man alive, gets 2 years for missing THREE drug tests in the same year.
surely Willie can’t get more than this??

Well 2 years is the maximum for that offence (as we know, 4 years is the max for Willie) - so yes it is possible he gets more.

That said, Coleman has 'prior form' for missing tests (albeit the rules are pretty strict - i.e. each time you leave your house you need to leave paperwork so that the drug testers can find you from the reports I am reading).

Also, they have been targeting him since 2016 - and there is no suggestion that he has taken PEDs (although we must assume WADA have a suspicion). In some ways that is quite predatory behavior - chasing a guy for 3 years to eventually trip him up on a paperwork error (or 3 lots of paperwork errors).

Well 2 years is the maximum for that offence (as we know, 4 years is the max for Willie) - so yes it is possible he gets more.

That said, Coleman has 'prior form' for missing tests (albeit the rules are pretty strict - i.e. each time you leave your house you need to leave paperwork so that the drug testers can find you from the reports I am reading).

Also, they have been targeting him since 2016 - and there is no suggestion that he has taken PEDs (although we must assume WADA have a suspicion). In some ways that is quite predatory behavior - chasing a guy for 3 years to eventually trip him up on a paperwork error (or 3 lots of paperwork errors).

Sounds like he has missed more than 3, but it has to be in a 12 month window.

Agree a s**t way to be suspended though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back