News Willie Rioli Provisionally Suspended

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Joe Montagna the dumbest person in football?

Don’t answer that.

Am I reading the WC board correct in that it was a semen sample? Is that not hilarious to anyone else? Not only did he tamper his sample (allegedly), he had to jerk one out prior.

Maybe I'm just happy it isn't us for a change.

If I were a betting man my money would be on him rubbing one out into the sample. He probably did it as a laugh and will get what equates to a slap on the wrist, but it’s going to cost the ASADA chaperone their job!

If I were a betting man my money would be on him rubbing one out into the sample. He probably did it as a laugh and will get what equates to a slap on the wrist, but it’s going to cost the ASADA chaperone their job!

“IF” that is the case he should get a four years suspension..........imo.

It's not the first time players have tried to bamboozle the drug testers.

Here's this poor attempt at a "three card monty" to confuse them.

Jeepers that would be just plain nasty lol

JUST IN: Big story brewing in WA.
The Herald Sun can reveal an irregularity over an ASADA drugs test involving forward Willie Rioli.
He has been withdrawn from tomorrow night's MCG clash against Geelong.
MORE TO COME.

so if*** hypothetically it was found that it was from last year. can WC be stripped of the Flag ?
Lol.

Bombers will be - pi**ed - considering he helped beat them.
Call me crazy, but I don’t think Willie Rioli was the difference last week... Outplayed everywhere on the field.

Essendon have no one else to be pissed at apart from themselves for being frankly just s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Joe Montagna the dumbest person in football?

Don’t answer that.

I just witnessed someone dumber.........Robbo come on down.

In the fullness of time Rioli will suffer his fate.

Short term one of the six teams left in the competition is a man down. Thats good for us and its all I care about. Opposition teams dont give a rats when we lose players or the circumstances so I'm not going to care about West Coasts predicament.

So while Im not going to gloat about Riolis predicament (apart from a few juvemile willy jokes) I'm also not going to pretend that its not a good thing for Collingwood, if only in a small way.

“Something other than urine produced during the process”

Wtfff

At a guess, the testers could easily have been onto something being off about sample at the time, but the way you let the player hang themselves is by letting the player sign off on the sample, actually putting their signature on the seals of the samples for both a and b, effectively declaring “this is my sample”. Then when it comes back as not being urine, he is done to rights.

It isn’t for the testers to “catch” them, it is for the testers to take a sample which the player attests is his. And once it isn’t, “bye Felicia”.

Super weird though. Very last century

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hang on ..

... are illicit drugs code testing and ASADA testing done in the same context? (Ie: same testers, and any samples taken can / are tested for both?)

No they’re different schemes. ASADA derives it’s authority from the nad scheme, they test compliance with the anti doping code, I think the privacy provisions prevent them from reporting on anything else.

The afl illicit drug policy is negotiated with the aflpa, the afl have separate testers for that and send it to a non accredited lab, hence even if they were to find someone roided up to Ben Johnson levels they couldn’t use that as an adverse analytical finding under the anti doping code.

More details have been leaked and reported in the Hun - Willie was caught red-handed trying to pour Gatorade into the specimen jar by both ASADA officials present.

He was then forced to give an actual sample and the results for that are pending.

It doesn't matter what the result of the test is though - Willie is likely done and dusted for at least a couple of years (if not the full four years) as attempting to tamper with or substitute a sample is viewed as dimly as proving a positive sample (even if it was an inept Benny Hill-style attempt to provide a false sample after training).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back