Toast Willie Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

ShriekingShack

Senior List
Jun 9, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
There is a shining light beaming through the dark cloud of Nic Nat's injury. The light is short and stocky in stature and has fuzzy hair on top. There are rumours that the light is actually fueled by KFC tributes offered up by the mortals. To mere mortals, it is known as "Big Willie". Mortals smile to themselves when they see this light, because they know that "Big Willie" is watching them. Like the Eye of Sauron, it is comforting to allies and terrifies opponents.

What a wonderful season Willie is having. He oozes class and looks like he has been playing for years. He is a true Rioli, absolutely electrifying. He is not only a wonderful crumber, but a talented playmaker with elite foot skills. He is truly worthy of Wirra's number.

Let's all raise a glass to the Big Willie!

119970.jpg

What an amazing job this guy has done dropping so much weight to put his best foot forward thus far.

He’s one of the hardest workers in the team - his defensive work yesterday was inspiring, especially that spoil in the backline. Keep it up champion.

Surely he has exceeded everyone’s expectations. I thought after last year, and after drafting Ryan, that he would never play more than 15 AFL games as he was just too injury prone and unfit.

Touch wood, but he has proven to be way more durable, and importantly shown way more endurance, than I ever expected.

He is critical to us, because he has footy smarts that you cannot teach. They are innate, he plays on instinct. The goals he had on Sunday were so clever and they were cluctch goals in a big time game. Further he benefits with JK, Darling and Lecca.

He is critical to us, because he has footy smarts that you cannot teach. They are innate, he plays on instinct. The goals he had on Sunday were so clever and they were cluctch goals in a big time game. Further he benefits with JK, Darling and Lecca.
He also has footy dumbs. Does something stupendously silly about once per game. It's frustrating but funny at the same time.

His brain fades are vastly outweighed by his brilliance and are a price worth paying.

Absolute superstar.

Still can't believe he looks so pudgy considering all the running he does each game!

Surely his diet needs refining?

Would love to see him ripped!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also has footy dumbs. Does something stupendously silly about once per game. It's frustrating but funny at the same time.

His brain fades are vastly outweighed by his brilliance and are a price worth paying.
I don’t know if they’re dumbs necessarily. Mostly it’s been either gettig too clever with kicks or giving away 50s trying to be overly unsociable, which I don’t mind at all. He knows what he needs to do as a small forward - massive upgrade on Hilly.

For a guy who has has his weight troubles and from all accounts was way out of shape, I am consistently impressed by the endurance of this guy. He runs out games really well for a guy who is less then 20 games into his career

TBH thought he was over hyped on here and wouldn't make it in the early days. Like he hadn't even played a game, was overweight and already had hammy issues.

Agree that he is very Daniel Kerr like, didn't think I would ever say about anyone but yeh hes that good. Sees the game unfold really well, has x factor, has toughness, smarts, can take a grab, is inspiring in terms of work ethic and does big things in key moments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back