Recommitted Willie Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I obviously know it’d never happen but if his salary is counted in the cap why shouldn’t they be able to give away higher picks for the cap space back?

What if having Rioli’s salary sitting there stopped the Eagles from getting Kelly?*

*this is assuming his salary stays in the cap which I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere.

He's on about $300k mate.

Its not going to break the Eagles cap.

Has a history of weight issues, so the speculation over diuretics has merit.

My first thoughts exactly... especially given his rapid rate of weight loss and sudden 'change in lifestyle'. Whilst it's not impossible, my experience tells me peoples habits around eating/drinking/exercising/lifestyle are somewhat ingrained and whilst can change for a period(s), are just that... habitual.

When you couple this with all the training and information the players are given these days, the noise around him panicking, thinking it was an illicit drug test etc etc. fall far short of the mark for mine.

My first thoughts exactly... especially given his rapid rate of weight loss and sudden 'change in lifestyle'. Whilst it's not impossible, my experience tells me peoples habits around eating/drinking/exercising/lifestyle are somewhat ingrained and whilst can change for a period(s), are just that... habitual.

When you couple this with all the training and information the players are given these days, the noise around him panicking, thinking it was an illicit drug test etc etc. fall far short of the mark for mine.

Still a tragedy nonetheless & a bloody waste of a great talent....Needs to come clean & take his punishment with the hope of some clemency.

In all seriousness can you trade a player under these sort of circumstances? I’m assuming you could, but is interesting. Has it ever happened before? Someone traded but still had a lengthy period for indiscretions. Not talking just run of the mill on field suspensions.
WADA launched an appeal against the Anti-Dopings tribunal findings of the Essendon 34 during May 2015

Jake Melksham traded to Melbourne and Jake Carlisle traded to St Kilda during October 2015

WADA tribunal hearing was held in January 2016. Both missed their seasons at their new clubs.

Player loses weight and becomes fitter at an elite sporting club, who would have thought?

It has nothing to do with better diet (less Tiwi and junk food) and better training of course.

Player loses weight and becomes fitter at an elite sporting club, who would have thought?

It has nothing to do with better diet (less Tiwi and junk food) and better training of course.

And 'rapid weight loss' isn't exactly a phrase I would use to describe Willie's conditioning rollercoaster.

More like chubby -> less chubby over half a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back