Universal Love Willsy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I should do something about the low resolution of Wills highlights on youtube sometime.
Okay I have finally delivered:

and

BTW that goal Wills goal against Brisbane; explain to me why this isn't up there with Mick McGuane's famous running goal in the public consciousness? It's astonishing.

and

BTW that goal Wills goal against Brisbane; explain to me why this isn't up there with Mick McGuane's famous running goal in the public consciousness? It's astonishing.

I'd never seen the goal against Adelaide before, that's a pretty special effort too.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Willsy was one of the nicest footballers I have met. Even though I was really young at the time, my interactions with him have always stuck with me.

It reminds me a lot of that Morabito one against Hawthorn as well.

Nice one Paracleet.

Some sweet nostalgia in that 2nd vid. Callaghan was one of my favourites back in the day.

I will never forget the Wills soccer against Kangas match at the WACA. The Kangaroos were so dominant during that period led by Carey. We were up most of the match and they evened it up early in the fourth. I assumed they would run away with it.

I was listening to the radio at the time and the commentators were trying their best to explain Wills' magic! As a nine-year-old, I was desperate to get access to a TV and see it in action!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the memories. Exciting players like Wills, Winston Abraham, Gary Durkah, Kickett were the reason I started going for Freo years ago ⚓

How much space was there?!

Please show this to Willo and Hilly. Some of those gut runs starting at half back finishing in him receiving it in the forward 50 and goalling... you just don't see that anymore. I suppose players would get told off for not holding the structure.

What a legend. Football was so much better to watch in those days. Those running goals Wills kicked are simply impossible today. I can't even remember seeing anyone take more than 1 bounce this year.

and

Top work Paracleet. I remember where youngling me was for every one of these moments. I'm totally upscaling these to glorious 4K when I finish building my new PC...

Too young to really appreciate the Neesham era but watching a few of their games on youtube they played an exciting brand of footy.

Cheers for posting this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back